LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Pics of my set  (Read 6529 times)

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

Re: Pics of my set
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 12:31:08 PM »
Layaway, Playa. Layaway. I have gotten almost ALL of my gear by putting it on layaway. Especially during college. Nowadays, I have the patience and discipline to budget it in and/or save for it.

But don't go buyin' a bunch of stuff on credit and callin' it a blessin'. In case you didn't know credit card debt is bondage!!!!!! Credit Card debt. . .IS DA DEBIL!! IT'S DA DEBIL!!! >:( >:(

Uhhh...this topic is about my pics, not about "credit" being the devil.  Please try not to post anything that will lead into a painful opinionated discussion.  Please...no hard feelings  :)

By the way...do you like the pics?

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 12:32:53 PM »
Oh. :(

SHUT UP!!! >:(       ;D  ;D LOL

:D ;D :D

Offline Ibilddrums

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 12:34:11 PM »
Uhhh...this topic is about my pics, not about "credit" being the devil.  Please try not to post anything that will lead into a painful opinionated discussion.  Please...no hard feelings  :)

By the way...do you like the pics?

You're set up is nice any chance of getting a recording of how they sound?

B_XALTED

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
lol... :))

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 12:44:40 PM »
Serious gear there doc! I likes!!!!! Great color on those shells... Ilike that tom setup up though too low for my taste but the order is hot. I am straight digging your chose in plates. Nice ear on the cymbal choices.

Give us the low down on your cymbal sound texture wise. As well fill us in on the Leopard ride. For me that ride requires some jazz skills,  :).

And the big question... is of course, What's the deal on the B.O.A.s because I am really wanting to snag those in the near future but in a double probably.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline smarkland38

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 12:45:23 PM »
Nice set! my brother! I was also thinking about geeting the EC'2
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!!!

www.myspace.com/sidmark

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 12:45:50 PM »

You're set up is nice any chance of getting a recording of how they sound?

Thanks.  And yeah I have something recorded but its just me practicing and I dont know if you would want to hear a long practice clip.

Offline Ibilddrums

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 12:53:31 PM »
Thanks.  And yeah I have something recorded but its just me practicing and I dont know if you would want to hear a long practice clip.

Yeah Go ahead and post it

A friend just sent me a link to a hosting site
http://www.content-type.com/
I haven't tried them yet....

I wanna hear that leopard ride

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 12:56:43 PM »
Serious gear there doc! I likes!!!!! Great color on those shells... Ilike that tom setup up though too low for my taste but the order is hot. I am straight digging your chose in plates. Nice ear on the cymbal choices.

Give us the low down on your cymbal sound texture wise. As well fill us in on the Leopard ride. For me that ride requires some jazz skills,  :).

And the big question... is of course, What's the deal on the B.O.A.s because I am really wanting to snag those in the near future but in a double probably.

Thanks man.  I like dark trashy sounding crashes and thats why I chose the legacys.  The leopard ride is not as loud as others but it is very dry, it has a thick sound and hit cuts through music quite well.  The B.O.A.s are very nice for me...its an aquired taste.  Alot of people who play my set say they like them and there are very few who dont.  I recommend them.

And oh yeah, I do have some jazz skills but I never really thought of that ride as a choice for jazz drummers.

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »
Yeah Go ahead and post it

A friend just sent me a link to a hosting site
http://www.content-type.com/
I haven't tried them yet....

I wanna hear that leopard ride

Ok man.  Give me a second....

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 01:08:57 PM »
Thanks man.  I like dark trashy sounding crashes and thats why I chose the legacys.  The leopard ride is not as loud as others but it is very dry, it has a thick sound and hit cuts through music quite well.  The B.O.A.s are very nice for me...its an aquired taste.  Alot of people who play my set say they like them and there are very few who dont.  I recommend them.

And oh yeah, I do have some jazz skills but I never really thought of that ride as a choice for jazz drummers.

I don't think of it a s a jazz cymbal but I feel that because of it's articulation and clarity one really has to know how to play a ride to get the best out of it. To me that ride is unforgiving. It will show your skills or lack there of because it is so dry and defined.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2006, 01:14:35 PM »
Ok you guys here it is.  Dont be too harsh on me  :)  I did this about a year ago I think.  Oh and by the way, Im not using the porkpie on this cause I got that later.  I know I know...the snare Im using on this clip sucks!  I hope you all enjoy!

Uploaded File Size (bytes)
http://www.content-type.com/1183741049/11+Holy+God.wma.htm

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 01:18:52 PM »
Oh yeah...I know this isnt the practice clip but I thought this would be a better and less annoying clip.  ;)

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2006, 01:24:15 PM »
I don't think of it a s a jazz cymbal but I feel that because of it's articulation and clarity one really has to know how to play a ride to get the best out of it. To me that ride is unforgiving. It will show your skills or lack there of because it is so dry and defined.

I agree.  Man youre pretty good at describing cymbals  :D  I think you could sell alot of cymbals man by the way you talk about them  :D  Now Im gonna be walkin around like, "yeah man, my ride is unforgiving!"  UNFORGIVING?  I'll take 2 please!

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 01:34:21 PM »
Oh yeah...I know this isnt the practice clip but I thought this would be a better and less annoying clip.  ;)

I like it man...Sounding good to me! Keep Sharing.

God Bless.

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »
yop sound solid
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline Drumma-Sheen

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 02:30:43 PM »
Thanks guys.  I know people on here always want to hear what others sound like (which is always interesting.)  Thanks again  :)

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 08:29:16 PM »
Beautiful kit man!!  Keep rockin those pacifics!!
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 08:53:55 PM »
NICE SET UP!!!!

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 09:22:24 PM »
Really nice stuff man!!  Nice and clean!!  I like your playing!!  Is that on an album somewhere, or is that just a demo?
You Are Your Only Limitation!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up