LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Slides....The who, when and where...  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Dr. Mac

• LGM Member

Low Slides....The who, when and where...
« on: May 27, 2006, 05:54:04 PM »
  Hey guys..(and girls)...

I listen to alot of Byron Cage...His bassist does alot of I guess I would call it "octave slides" (see We Magnify Your Name... Track 9 I think )....where he plays, say an 'A' then a slide and the lower "A" which is mad low...I need some help with that technique...I have a 6 string passive...Do I need the active circuitry...? Video is most useful but God doesn't discriminate...how could I?

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Re: Low Slides....The who, when and where...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 10:01:18 PM »
Dr. Mac, welcome to the LGM website. :)
:)

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

Re: Low Slides....The who, when and where...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 06:00:55 AM »
  Hey guys..(and girls)...

I listen to alot of Byron Cage...His bassist does alot of I guess I would call it "octave slides" (see We Magnify Your Name... Track 9 I think )....where he plays, say an 'A' then a slide and the lower "A" which is mad low...I need some help with that technique...I have a 6 string passive...Do I need the active circuitry...? Video is most useful but God doesn't discriminate...how could I?

Dr. Mac,

I'll have to listen to it it to see if I can pick up what he does, but I doubt it has to do with Active v Passive circuitry on the bass.  Could be that he's using some other effect, like an octaver.

All that Active v Passive means is whether or not you can adjust your bass, treble, and sometimes mids through electromic control right on the bass itself through a battery powered preamp.  Even if you have a passive bass, you can adjust these things on the preamp or sound board that you play through.

Peace,

James

Oh - Welcome to LGM!!
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH
Pages: [1]   Go Up