LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hard time!!  (Read 537 times)

Joro

Hard time!!
« on: May 31, 2006, 01:49:30 PM »
Whuzz up fam!

Hope y'all been good!! Here in Holland it's been cold for the last week. Too cold for me!!

Anywzy I have a question regarding focusing on your pratice routine.

Sometimes I come home from a hard day of work and i'm not 100% focused. Then I'm telling myself that I must do my practice routine, which usually is trying to go over some basic rudiments because I can't sit behind my drumset because of the neighboors. Especially in the evening it's hard to sit behind your kit. Anyway.. When I come home I don't have the energy to sit and practise. My body is just to tired from a whole day of standing on my feet! And also because i've been kinda busy the last couple of weeks.. Maybe that's a factor, but it's starting to irritate on me. And it's funny because i;m totally creating that situation on my own. What y'all think? Conclusion! The last couple of weeks I have a hard time gettin'my practice routine together and to focus on certain things. At this point I'm only learning new tunes for my bands that I'm playing in.

Keep it tight!
Peace from Holland

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

Re: Hard time!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 02:23:02 PM »
Rest is a must. There's no way around that. You can't expect your body to perform at anything without some type of energy. But you might want to invest in some drum silencers,a DW Practice Kit, or something similar. That way you can have the satisfaction of playing and not bother your neighbors.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »
sometimes you just need to take a break and rest.

step away for a minute then go back at it.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:51:04 PM »
Get some Drum silencers. The DW are good if you don't have a lot of tilt in your drums.

Change your routine up. Do the rudiments to tracks or something.

Try and so a solid 30 a day so you won't get too rusty.

REST...
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:10:44 AM »
Striving to relax more mental. Breathing exercises are great ways to rejuvenate the body. We can fill our bodies up everyday with stress, anxiety and tension; however we never release it, which brings about exhaustion. We should not just lay down to rest; we must prepare our brain/body to rest by enter our brain into the Delta state. Here are a couple of things you can do. Try this for a week and see how this help. Let me know...........

1. 10 - 20 minutes before you lay down, read through your rudiments or materials for your band.
2. Lay down, close you eyes, take 3 deep breaths inhale for 5 seconds and exhale at 5 seconds -count backwards from 100 to 1.
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up