LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: $1000 what bass would you buy?  (Read 6378 times)

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

Re: $1000 what bass would you buy?
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 06:21:29 AM »
Welcome to the club. Hope you find something you like.

Offline djgroovin

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006, 08:33:18 AM »
I'm in the market for a fender Jazz.  So that would be my buy.

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 08:36:21 AM »
If I were a righty, I'd get a Peavey Cirrus.  Another option is the new MTD Design Z5 (or Z4 if you're a 4 string player).

God Bless,
-J

Offline Andrzej

• LGM Member
  • I've got 5 on it!
    • Kings Church

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »
With $1000 a lot of very good second hand instruments are available to you such as Musicman Stingray, Warwick, Fender Deluxe, Lakland...to give you an idea.

If you prefer brand new the world is your oyster for that budget.  I particularly like the MTD Heir, Ibanez SR505, Spector Legend, Lakland Skyline 55-01, Conklin GT-5, Godin Freeway (Leaftop), Yamaha BB145.

Any of those basses are great value for money for $1000 or under.

Offline BassMan2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Bass Guitar

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 08:03:25 AM »
Before you buy, try them.  My church gave me $1000 and I was into the Brand name until
I played them. Most of the Brand ( Ken ,Tobias and others ) I found the Ibanez sound just as good.
There were no big difference. The Conklin was very good.

I picked the Hohner B BASS VI ( six string ) natural. It's about what sounds good to you.
I have a Peavey T-40 that sounds like Marcus Miller Bass.  So! I don't need a Fender

Offline Mrbassics

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »
Well, today is finally the day. Im going out to pick up my new baby. Last week when I was at guitar center I was trying a bunch of differnt basses and was honestly pretty dissappointed with all the initial prospects I had in mind. The last bass I tried was a Schetcher Stiletto 5 string. The thing sounded wonderful, the action was fast and it had a great tone. I think I may of had lower expectations of it so when I heard it was pretty happy. None the less, we will see what I decide to go with. I will keep you all posted!

Offline Mrbassics

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 09:26:22 PM »
Well, I went and picked up my new baby today. Unfortunately Im not really happy with my purchase. I ended up with the SR506 6 string. Firstly, Im not real familiar with the 6 but its not too difficult to navigate around. But the main thing is now that I have it home, Im not really liking it. Im not sure what happend, it sounded great in the music strore, but now im home playing the thing and im kinda dissappointed. I paid $630 for it. They had a BTB, used, but because of the pawn laws they could not release it for 30 days.

Im not sure whether I should keep it or run to the store tomorrow and get something differnt. I have 30 days so to return it, so maybe I will play it for a while and see how it turns out!

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 08:30:27 PM »
I say play it for a while.  Below is a picture of my SR506 on the left. It sounds great to me.  Actually, I'm selling mine only because I'm saving up to get a MTD 6 string and I know someone that really wanted my bass.  Other than that, I would keep it. Now, the BTB does sound great.  I'm thinking about getting the BTB455 myself.

Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline Mrbassics

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 10:16:21 PM »
I think the one I was looking at was the BTB1205. The thing was amazing. I was playing the 506 today, and I have to admit, its kinda growing on me, but that BTB :o

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 10:23:41 PM »
I will admit, that BTB does put out an amazing sound.  Those bartolini's with the 18 volt circuit is something else. 
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline JodyD

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 03:45:20 PM »
As it happens I was just recently in this situation. The difference was I wanted to limit my spending to $500. I purchased a Traben Neo 4 Limited (4 string). The reasons are as follows:

- Beautiful splated maple top
- Active electronics
- 45 day return policy (from musicansfriend.com)

I just played my first service with it this past weekend was pleasently suprised. It's very bright but the preamp provides plently low end presence. The neck is a jazz style neck (which suits me) and the bridge was easily adjustable. This bass also has alot of sustain (which is both good and bad).

Since I'm a Carvin fanatic I would remiss if I didn't mention the B4.

- Jody
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up