LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing horn sections with just a sax  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Jbroad572

• LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/b5productions

Playing horn sections with just a sax
« on: June 12, 2006, 03:33:26 PM »
We have been working on  a few of ISrael's songs and of course you know he has a full horn section. I don't know whethe rI want to attempt playing the horn section, because it's just me on alto sax or soprano. I would probably say I don't want to attempt it because it won't sound right, but what do you guys think? Would you do it or just create your own fills?

Offline Zen_Micro

• LGM Member

Re: Playing horn sections with just a sax
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:38:42 PM »
:) Hellooo, well in my church its basically only me and another guy as well. He plays alto I play soprano and bascially sometimes we do our own little riffs but most of the time we play what we hear on the original track. We tried it and it sounded pretty nice, but then again those parts that were in the song were easy. But I do understand what you are saying, but have you tried both ideas? Like taking alittle bit of their riffs and combining it with your own. But try their licks out doing a rehersal, if you dont like it building your own riff will work just fine! Hope this info helped alittle. Good Luck with it though  ;)!
"Im pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gain-ing ev-'ry day......"

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Re: Playing horn sections with just a sax
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 07:49:50 AM »
what's your keys up to?what i've found that's really cool,if keys plays a layered brass patch with a real sax on top and out front can really be cool.or,if you have trumpet player have keys play a multi-part sax thing.combimg some real cool b3 chords,horn sound and real horns is just to good.thank you LORD!
Pages: [1]   Go Up