LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Before Requesting Songs  (Read 72869 times)

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Before Requesting Songs
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »
Welcome to the LGM family "rayl".....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 08:43:58 AM »
Thanks for sharing you experience T...and don't get mad, I don't dissagree with what you said. I am just saying that I understand what some of these other folks are saying as well.  God bless and keep on keepin on my brutha. ;)

I ain't mad, LOL.  I understand what they saying as well. ;D
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Dia

• LGM Member

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
Hey Mr. " T. "

I am very new to the site and piano music...so I am just starting out on everything  don't know too much as of yet except the basic scales which the instructor is teaching me very slowly because I am a slow learner in piano music...but I came across this site and just so happen to see people asking for chords...WELL  that should be easy for me...as a matter of fact  just today..Then I scrolled down to your message:) Enough said...I still want the chords to   THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE :)  Also, is there a book that I can study for playing by ear?  I still think you are so right..even if it takes me so many more years to understand music in general.  Stay cool and continue to help those of us that is really struggling with this music THANG:) 

Dia

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 07:18:29 AM »
I still want the chords to   THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE :)  Also, is there a book that I can study for playing by ear? 

As far as chords for "This Little Light Of Mine", didn't u say you only know basic scales?  If that's the case, then I believe u not ready for chords to this song.  I suggest you start to learn your basic chords first, then you will ready to learn a song.  Chords come from the scales, so it's a good thing you learning those first, that's how it should be.

As far as books to help you play by ear, I don't know of any.  I didn't use a book to help me, I just applied what I learned from my classical music training to learn gospel.  So, any post that I have done talking about music theory on this site, you can print out the pages and make a little book for yourself. 

In case you don't know about it, here is the link to all the theory posts I have done:  http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,42768.0.html

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 01:24:21 PM »
Welcome to the LGM family "Dia".....Stay Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline Dia

• LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »
Hey Mr.  "T BLOCK",

Thanks for the info....My teacher told me to find songs that I wanted to learn to play in C ,G, D, A, E.

Still searching for simple songs..I thought Lil Light Of Mine was simple since I could sing it a lil... I'm learning there is a lot of keys to play songs in..I knew music was tough...but as I read some of the chords on this site...MAN....I have got a long way to go...I never heard of some of the chords:) LOL  Again thank you for your help and I will print your theory for myself.  Keep me in your prayers and God Bless you in your teaching to all of us out there.

Dia

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2007, 07:22:08 AM »
Hey Mr.  "T BLOCK",

Thanks for the info....My teacher told me to find songs that I wanted to learn to play in C ,G, D, A, E.

Still searching for simple songs..I thought Lil Light Of Mine was simple since I could sing it a lil... I'm learning there is a lot of keys to play songs in..I knew music was tough...but as I read some of the chords on this site...MAN....I have got a long way to go...I never heard of some of the chords:) LOL  Again thank you for your help and I will print your theory for myself.  Keep me in your prayers and God Bless you in your teaching to all of us out there.

Dia

That's very good.  "This Little Light Of Mine" is a fairly simple song once you understand how it goes.  Playing chords is different from just plucking the melody notes, LOL.  Don't worry, any questions you have, just pm me and I will do my best to assist you.

Offline brodonny

• LGM Member
  • THIS IS WIFEY.SHE'S FINE AND ALL MINE.AMEN AAAMMEN
    • donnypomerleegospelpiano.com

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2007, 03:23:23 AM »
nuff said brotha
JESUS IS THE WAY.NO IF,AND,OR BUTS BROTHER AND SISTERS.AMEN AAAAAMMMEEENN

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2007, 11:53:11 PM »
well said.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline MemphisKeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »
THANKS T-BLOCK I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE ON WHAT YOU SAYING I DO TRY ME BEST FOR LIKE A DAT OR TWO BEFORE I ASK FOR HELP I ONLY HAVE A FEW PROBLEMS WITH LISTEN FOR THE TYPE OF CHORDS AND FIGURE OUT PATTERNS I GOT EVERYTHING ELSE I JUST PRACTICE OF GETTIN MY FINGERS FAST ENOUGH WHERE I CAN DO LICKS AND TRICKS BUT I PRACTICE ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS FIRST B4 ALL OF THAT... BUT I FEEL YA 100%...MUCH RESPECT
Music is my Best friend

Offline jamesrhonda

• LGM Member

This is to T-Block
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 10:50:44 AM »
Hey T-Block. I think your message is straight to the point but for me I have been struggling with playing music by ear for years. I am not like other musicians where they can pick up on anything. I was taught to read music and I don't have much of a ear for playing music. But I have been practicing alot more since I just bought me a keyboard. I wonder how people develop playing gospel music by ear? I've been playing piano for 12 years and it's still hard for me to pick up on songs especially during devotion. Some I can pick up and some I can't. SOmetimes when I go to choir anniversaries and hear other musicians, I get intimidated because I can't play like them. These people are more advanced than I am. I have even paid for lessons to learn to play by ear. I guess I can say I am a 15 year musician that is considered a intermediate player. Which isn't good because that makes me feel like I'm not playing as well as I should be. I have gotten so frustrated with learning this skill of playing by ear that I had stopped playing for a couple of years. But I started back. I have also prayed and asked God to anoint my fingers so I can praise his name in songs. I know he will help me if I continue to practice and most of all, BELIEVE!!!!! I love playing piano and will continue to do the best I can. T-Block I think you are very talented and I hope you will continue to help the ones that are struggling with their music like me. You are a blessing!!!

Offline zkay

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 09:01:47 PM »
T-Block you are so right I will get busy trying to figure out Spirit Fall Down by Luther  Barnes and I will post what I have.  You and the whole site of musician are awesome. 

God Bless
Zkay

Offline Musicmama58

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »
so when i'm requesting a song i can't be like:

i'm looking for a song by hezekiah lawrence. or is it t.d. jones?
anyway it's like " i pray for me/ so pray for you /we need him /so we can survive"

;D  J/K....really i'm J/K!!!

Hey J/K:  The song you are looking for is I Need You to Survive by Hezekiah Walker. SMILE

If you need the words email me at Musicmama77@yahoo.com   Later

Offline Musicmama58

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2008, 09:05:38 AM »
When I first saw that message I got a little disturbed.  But I know for myself that I at least try to work out the chords myself.  I also search for Chords and Lyrics on the internet if I get stuck.  Lryics for most songs can be found on the internet, if, You know the correct title or artist.   There is a site called "allgospellyrics.com that has lyrics to old and new.  Just know the title of the song and the artist and you can locate pretty much anything.

Thanks T-Block for looking out.  The Lord truly help those who try to do for themselves first.  Be Blessed.  Musicmama77 8)

Offline larrimo

• LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »
so when i'm requesting a song i can't be like:

i'm looking for a song by hezekiah lawrence. or is it t.d. jones?
anyway it's like " i pray for me/ so pray for you /we need him /so we can survive"

Actually, the author of that is Donnie Tribett.  Get your facts straight son!  Off his latest album: Alive in the Alabaster Box

Offline JLLW

• LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 02:01:25 AM »
i am not what I consider to be an accomplished musician even though others seem to think I play very well.  I definately don't play comtemporary gospel songs very well.   (Rhythm is a challenge)  Also, picking up a song just by listening to it is a very difficult skill for me.  That is why I came to this sight.  I have the words and melody notes to a song titled "I Lift My Hands" by the Arkansas Mass Choir.
I would like for someone to help me with the left hand chords and notes in A Flat major.  I have the notes to the melody written in C# Major.
Here is what I have.  I will use the letter b in ( ) to represent flats.

Je - sus,  the  Lamb      The great  I   Am
F     F#   A(b) A Flat     C#  E(b)  F   C#

Won-der- ful,  and match-less King.   The  Word  on  whom  I  stand.
F    F#  A(b)   c#  B(b)  A(b) A(b)   A(b) B(b)  A(b) F#   F   E(b)

Giv-ver  of   life,  To    e -  e - vry  man
F   F#   A(b)  B(b)  B(b)  A   B(b)  C   C#

I  lift  my   hands,  And   wor-ship  in   your pre-  e- e -  sence.
C#  C#  A(b)  A(b)    A(b)  F#   F    E(b) C#   E(b)  F E(b)  C#.

SPECIAL CHORUS: (Repeat as directed by director with ad libs.)

I    lift  my  hands,  And  wor-ship  in  your  pre - sence.
A(b)  A   A(b)   B     A(b)  A   A(b) F#   F     F#    A(b)

I'd greatly appreciate anyone who can help.  I desire this to be transposed to the key of A(b) Major with the left and right hand chords.  Thanks for your help in advance.  You can e-mail the results to uniqueeevan_intercessor@yahoo.com

Offline backstage

• LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 03:44:42 AM »

Thanks!

I've been working on This Is The Air I Breath and have not been able to pick up on all the chords.  I'm new at this and I'v been working on it for a few weeks now in the Key of Eb, can I get a little help with this please.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 08:11:22 AM »
Thanks!

I've been working on This Is The Air I Breath and have not been able to pick up on all the chords.  I'm new at this and I'v been working on it for a few weeks now in the Key of Eb, can I get a little help with this please.

"Breathe" Byron Cage: http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,18166.0.html

Offline Musicmama58

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Breathe
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2009, 09:36:11 AM »
I Love the song "Breathe"

This is what I have.

Breathe Chords:

G             Gsus
This is the air I breathe
G             Gsus
G     D     Em    D  C   Em  D
Your holy presence living in me

G            Gsus
This is my daily bread
G            Gsus
This is my daily bread
G     D    Em  D   C Em  D
Your very word spoken to me

Chorus:
    G D Em D                  C   Em  D
And I,       I'm desperate for you
    G D Em D                 C   Em  D
And I,       I'm lost without you

D

I always tried to work my own flavor in it as well.

Much Love.  Sis. Musicmama58

Offline Lila98

• LGM Member

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 07:07:05 AM »
 :'(Hi, I live in Italy and I'm a Gospel singer. Here  it's not so easy to find Gospel sheet music. I had a look in internet but the songs that I'm looking for are maybe too new.
I can't play any instrument, only my voice, so I need the music to give it to my future band (actually I don't have any). Can you give me some good advice of what to do?
I'm so sorry for my English, but I hope you'll understand anyway!!!
Thank you so much.
God bless you.
Lila
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up