LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise and Worship books  (Read 860 times)

Offline brian_soccerdude_21

• LGM Member

Praise and Worship books
« on: June 07, 2006, 05:39:10 PM »
Hi,

My name is Brian and I am 14 and I just started praise and worship at my church. I am getting it but at times it can be a struggle. I was wondering if anyone had any books on Praise and Worship that they didn't need or that were laying dormat around your house. I would greatly appreciate anyone sending them to me. I am willing to pay a shipping fee or a little something something for you all being so kind. I am really eager to start getting into the studying of the praise and worship ministry and if anyone could send me any books on praise and worship that would be a huge help. post a message if you want me to message you or send me a personal message if you want my shipping info. Thanks in advance and be greatly blessed.

Offline mrs.smith

• LGM Member

Re: Praise and Worship books
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:12:02 PM »
You go sweetie! :D  I know exactly what you're going through!  I got "caught" playing piano one day at church.  The next day I found myself in charge of a group of people and was told this was my choir!  YIKES!  Here's what I would do: as much fun as it is to get some new praise and worship books (it's soooo much fun! ), first you should be more specific to us out here in web world about what kind of music your audience will be expecting.  Will "holla back" songs help lead them to worship?  Will hymns done alittle differently (like faster, slower, with clapping, ad libbing et) be better suited for your church?  Will your audience be led to worship by songs like "Here I am to Worship?" and "Friend of God?" or will they like "His eye is on the Sparrow?"  Also, let us out here know what kind of ages you're working with.  Okey?  also, will you have instruments going?  If so, will you be playing them?  I play the piano while my choir sings.  You will need to pick out songbooks that will help you with your instruments.  Some have guitar chords and lyrics.  Others will have guitar chords and piano chords.  So let us know what you think will help.  You can do this!  I've found out these things from past experiences :)  oh, lyrics with guitar chords books will be cheaper usually.  I'll check back with you later!
Pages: [1]   Go Up