LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Opinion!!  (Read 1176 times)

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

Your Opinion!!
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:11:31 PM »
In your opinion, what do yal think makes a drummer an ICON/ LEGEND???

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: Your Opinion!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 12:49:35 AM »

What is the point of this question? Seriously....
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 07:01:13 AM »
He seems himself as a legend and needs a checklist???

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:16:37 PM »
What is the point of this question? Seriously....

Do you feel that a person becomes an Icon by what they know, how many gigs they get, how many chops they can throw at a set, or what?? Thats the point of the question, because alot of people can think they are an Icon but isnt considered one, hopefully people dont think its by AGE because that would be a misconception!!!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 07:42:31 PM »
Do you feel that a person becomes an Icon by what they know, how many gigs they get, how many chops they can throw at a set, or what?? Thats the point of the question, because alot of people can think they are an Icon but isnt considered one, hopefully people dont think its by AGE because that would be a misconception!!!

It is by age... because being considered and icon of legend is related to having been tried and proven. Chris Dave is a legend in the making if he continues his evolution. Legend/Icon status is all about having been proven by the top standards and surpassed them. Documented superiority to the established standards. Legends/Icons are often know by the fruit they bear and the company they keep.

Problem is these days that people don't adhere to any standards. The younger generations think they can rewrite a story they never read. Set new standards when they have not be proven by the established ones. The microwave mentality does not make legends.

I was re-reading the Louie Bellson cover issue of Modern Drummer and when asked about practice in his youth and it was 15 hrs a day on the weekends and 3 plus hrs a day on school days. You'll probably find similar stories of most folk we recognize as legends/icons today. Akira Jimbo practiced everyday all day for two straight years when he first started playing. The commitment is a good starting point for establishing a legend. Then comes the contribution.... What mark i sthe person making/leaving/has left? How did they change the game forever? Did they forge a new frontier?
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:17:43 PM »

longevity, skill, uniqueness!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 08:18:44 PM »
It is by age... because being considered and icon of legend is related to having been tried and proven. Chris Dave is a legend in the making if he continues his evolution. Legend/Icon status is all about having been proven by the top standards and surpassed them. Documented superiority to the established standards. Legends/Icons are often know by the fruit they bear and the company they keep.

Problem is these days that people don't adhere to any standards. The younger generations think they can rewrite a story they never read. Set new standards when they have not be proven by the established ones. The microwave mentality does not make legends.

I was re-reading the Louie Bellson cover issue of Modern Drummer and when asked about practice in his youth and it was 15 hrs a day on the weekends and 3 plus hrs a day on school days. You'll probably find similar stories of most folk we recognize as legends/icons today. Akira Jimbo practiced everyday all day for two straight years when he first started playing. The commitment is a good starting point for establishing a legend. Then comes the contribution.... What mark i sthe person making/leaving/has left? How did they change the game forever? Did they forge a new frontier?

That was deep, I understand now, I agree with you...But some people as I was saying think that if you play a certain amount of gigs and you young that you can become a legend  or I con without any other type of experience, BUT you real for that so THANK YOU!!

B_XALTED

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 05:41:53 PM »
I am a legend... hahahahahehehehehe

I play in 3 inch heals, and skirts, and i can sing and play at the same time... I leave behind a legacy... at the age of 25. with a sprained wrist and bad knees...

HA! Now what?

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 07:35:08 PM »
I am a legend... hahahahahehehehehe

I play in 3 inch heals, and skirts, and i can sing and play at the same time... I leave behind a legacy... at the age of 25. with a sprained wrist and bad knees...

HA! Now what?

You are a legend at the Minor Medical Unit for most Ace bandages and Icy Hot.... ;D :D :D

Stay healthy chic

B_XALTED

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:30 AM »
You are a legend at the Minor Medical Unit for most Ace bandages and Icy Hot.... ;D :D :D

Stay healthy chic

and you know this...

maaaaaannnnnnn..........
and um, tru that on the bandages... lol...
Pages: [1]   Go Up