LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singing runs and riffs  (Read 2024 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Singing runs and riffs
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:54:51 AM »
Our members of the praise team will practice one was at rehersal but when sunday comes, everyone be up there singing all different kinds of runs and riff that doesn't sound to go sometimes.  Anyone have this issue???
:)

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

Re: Singing runs and riffs
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 10:16:23 AM »
For the most part, yes.  It's aight to do your thing if you're LEADING.  Your background should sing they're parts, unless it's Worship.  Once there, I don't believe there is any 'I lead, you follow.'

Offline Vangelist

• LGM Member
  • No Joy, No Strength *II Timothy 4*

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:00:01 PM »
I agree with Lyric. Once the annointing falls on you, you can't help it. Rehearsal usually goes out the window at the point and the Spirit take full control. At least thats how it is with me.
I won't take nothing for my journey now. No turnin' back, no turnin' back.

Offline Scales27

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 08:22:56 PM »
      I will not lie. I do it ALL THE TIME during P&W. I don't really mess the songs up, but I do too much more than necessary.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:48:29 AM »
      I will not lie. I do it ALL THE TIME during P&W. I don't really mess the songs up, but I do too much more than necessary.

At least you're honest.  I respect that.

Offline brosie

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 07:41:29 PM »
Heloo Every1...
I am new to the post but I had to comment...please 4give me when I say....annointed riffing comes from the heart of God's people...when somebody's showing out, it wont work. I sing what is in my head for the most part, in rehearsal and P&W...never been told to shut up but then again I like to think God hears my heart and the Holy Spirit goes b4 me....I have heard some powerful riffing come from the lead lyricist...but who got blessed?This is what I think...It remains to be seen what is pure and what is dross....Please y'all, keep a sistah in prayer that when she riiffs..it's to the glory of God.

Offline dionnar

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 06:13:08 PM »
It is ironic that you would ask this question.

Someone asked me to help work with their praise and worship team to get them up and running due to the fact he will start pastoring next month.  I went to the rehearsal and it pretty much went like a ordinary rehearsal.  The problem I have is that the first service they have I know for a fact they will do NOTHING they did in rehearsal.  WHY, you ask?

The person who will actually lead praise and worship does not flow anything like the way the practiced.

My point is that when it comes to praise and worship are rehearsals can be unrealistic.

Generally we go from extremes (of course not intentionally, I think).  Either we sing well and together in rehearsal and go independent in service

OR

We do the super pumped rehearsal and get scared in service.

I have reached this conclusion about praise and worship.  We may need to change how we rehearse.  What I do is get the songs down (please note the singers are much better than my playing) and then we have praise service.  AND service ain't over until we enter in with our hearts mind and our focus is the move of God.  We need to know how to get into the presence of God and flow as Levites in the temple.  Or goal during this time is to set the atmosphere, give the Spirit full reign to manifest the glory of God and prepare the people to receive the word.  Basically for us to prepare the people for whatever God has.  So if our rehearsal times focus on singing and responding to the move of the Spirit we can have a different outcome and expectation of our services.

OK, this may get a little long; so if you want you can stop reading right here..................

My goal is to be effective in whatever phase I am in.  When it comes to teaching I prepare a lesson to reach all my students.  When it comes to preaching I prepare a message the reveals a hidden jewel from the word of God.  When it comes to singing (which I wish I could really really do) I write and minister songs that are sincerest in nature to me. 

Then to put it all together I get before the Lord and surrender and stay and until I know I am in His presence.  For me I do this so when I have to be effective for all of us and not just me it is not my first time before the Lord.

Before I go off on another tangent I think I will stop.

BUT because I was dealing with similiar it just came out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up