LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass Practice....  (Read 868 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Bass Practice....
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:16:04 PM »
If I only have one hour to practice per day, what do you think I should practice??
:)

Offline uprising_bassist7

• LGM Member
  • ''God is the mighty Lion in ZIon''

Re: Bass Practice....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »
you should practice scales , modes and songs verbatum you know its good yah i still do it and im getin better everytime ;D
God bless
UpRiSiNg

Offline ladybass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My Bass Grooves

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:35:27 PM »
If I only have one hour to practice per day, what do you think I should practice??

Does this mean you're getting back on track with your bass playing, 4hisglory?  I hope so.

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:58:03 PM »
Make it the best hour, use a metronome too will running you scales, modes etc....
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline Andrzej

• LGM Member
  • I've got 5 on it!
    • Kings Church

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 06:49:14 PM »
No matter if you are a novice or an expert...scales and modes should be a part of your practice.  Scales covers a lot of things:

1. Improves your music theory.
2. Good work out for your fingers, wrist and forearm.
3. Improves your timing.
4. Improves your accuracy.
5. Improves your dexterity and playing speed.

I always use at least 30mins just practicing scales and modes before I move onto other things and I have not deviated from that routine for over 12yrs.  As far as how much time you want to spend practicing thats really down to you.  1 hour per day is good, but take one step at a time.  Don't try and fit in too much.  Concentrate on one thing until you nail it and keep practicing it over and over again until you feel confident then move onto something else.  It takes time to become a competent musician no matter how many hours you dedicate to practicing, but keeping to a strict routine will help you ten fold!  If you personally practice 1 hour a day that sums up to 28hrs in a month...that's more hours than I practice per month!  Keep it up!  You will get to where you want to go before you know it!  The devil will try to slow you down, but he can't hit a moving target!

Pages: [1]   Go Up