LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending files to computer from the Fantom Xa  (Read 1857 times)

Offline angelica53

• LGM Member

Sending files to computer from the Fantom Xa
« on: July 05, 2006, 02:08:44 PM »
I have a Roland Fantom Xa but I have a problem transferring my songs to my computer. I am able to transfer it, but when I listen to it it is not the right sounds. The book says that I have to save each sound first or something like that, but it is not really clear. Does anyone know how to do this?

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Sending files to computer from the Fantom Xa
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 03:17:35 PM »
I have the Fantom X7, but have not had this problem in the past. Are you trying to go Midi out to the computer or just straight audio?  If you are using Midi, use the Eidorol midi adapter.  I don't remember all the steps because I haven't done it in while.  I'll get back to you and let you know the steps to save and output.

Offline angelica53

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 04:08:51 PM »
im trying to do both..i don't know how to transfer the audio files(.svq) and when I transfer midi the sounds aren't the same. thanxs for ur help

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »
The .svq files are files that store song info and are read by the FantomX.  You don't need to transfer the .svq, unless you are just trying to backup of the FantomX music files on your computer's hard drive.  If you are trying to actually transfer the music info stored in the .svq, you need to use some type of recording software your computer understands.  Using a media device (audio/midi to audio card adapter) attach the Fantom to your Computer Audio Input.  Programs such as, ie., CakeWalk-Midi and Audio, or Total Recorder just audio can then record and translate the tones to your computer.  You can go straight from what you recorded on the Fantom to Audio Recording software on your computer.   

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 08:23:21 PM »
Also the Midi sounds will not sound the same, because they are Digital Signals.  The computer is emulating sounds.  A Little trick with this, you can play a midi song from your computer in midi to your keyboard by using the output from the computer back to the keyboard and you will get the audio sound.   Then record to Fantom and send back to the computer in audio if you need.

Offline angelica53

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:15:35 PM »
thanxs so much..ill c wat happens :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up