LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Bad  (Read 2532 times)

caisza

Need Help Bad
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:05:50 PM »
I use to play the trumpet many years ago.  I would like to know if anyone can help me?  I can still read sheet music.  I just need to know what in the world would I play on the trumpet? ??? ??? ??? ??? Please help a sister out.

Thanks

Offline theunit

• LGM Member
  • morning glory

Re: Need Help Bad
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:56:32 PM »
my sister in christ if your chops have been on vacation for a minute.and you can still read... start doing what you did over again..just too get back them chops....once you sound like the times of old. I would suggest using long tones  and take you time sis..  there is plenty of good material out there it really what you like to play...
THE UNIT

caisza

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:41:07 AM »
Where would I get these chops from? 

ES7Mike

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »
You get chops from practicing alot

caisza

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 07:56:57 PM »
OK I know I need to practice but I still don't know what to play.  I have never played the trumpet in church.  I guess what I am asking is what is some of the things that you play? :)  I actually haven't played the trumpet in about 20 or more years.  I can still play.  I am just very rusty.   Help a sista out please.

ES7Mike

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 09:26:56 PM »
Some things you might want to listen out for is the melody of the song, also listen for a way to improvise in a song. for instance, a song like I love you lord today, the melody is prevolant throughout the whole song so it is easy to pick up. Alot of times sheet music isn't written for alot of gospel songs so you just have to play by ear.

I hope this will bless you! 8)

caisza

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 09:58:39 PM »
Tis a blessing indeed.  Thanks a million.     8)

May God Bless You.

Thank you ES7Mike

Offline bigtexas210

• LGM Member
  • if u pay your musicans they will b on time

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 10:17:11 AM »
work on your scales to get yur chops if u know your scales u can play any song r find any hook r melodies
i make it do what it do

T

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:15:41 PM »
Well i've been playing different kinds in instruments for 7 years now. I have a question myself do you remember your fingers and about the embochure stuff? and if you would like for me to still help you out i will be glad to help. I just need to know where i can start from.
 God Bless. :)

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 10:33:45 AM »
So much love within here...
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up