LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: D# Walking Bass Line PDF.  (Read 12921 times)

cleveakabig

D# Walking Bass Line PDF.
« on: July 14, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »
This can be played with many songs and in any tempo. Enjoy ;)
http://media.learngospelmusic.com/albums/userpics/78015/D%23_walking_bass_line.pdf

Offline TPCPastor

• LGM Member

Re: D# Walking Bass Line PDF.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »
THANKS!!!!

Us beginners can really use this!   

KEEP IT COMING!!!

Pastor

cleveakabig

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:50:12 PM »
THANKS!!!!

Us beginners can really use this!   

KEEP IT COMING!!!

Pastor
Thank you, Pastor. I'm going to try to post more to help kick start things for my fellow bass players.

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 01:08:27 PM »
Good Post Cleve,

1 thing on theory though, why did you use D# instead of Eb, it would have been much easier to notate without all of the notes in the key signature and you would not have had to use all of the Naturals on your note notation.  This is usually why people usually write music in Db rather than C#. 

cleveakabig

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:32:29 PM »
Good Post Cleve,

1 thing on theory though, why did you use D# instead of Eb, it would have been much easier to notate without all of the notes in the key signature and you would not have had to use all of the Naturals on your note notation.  This is usually why people usually write music in Db rather than C#. 
Because Im working on my D# stuff right now.

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »
I understand what you are saying, but it the same Key.  D# and Eb are the same, you only sharp and flat in chords based on the structure of the chord, and in writing it is based on the progression of the piece and how many flats or sharps you have to use throughout.  That's why you may see some songs written in Db and at some point the writer may change to C#, it is because of the chord structure or progression that requires notes to be sharped instead of flatted and it is easier to notate.  It's not to work on another key.  Once again, D#maj and Ebmaj are the same key.

cleveakabig

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 03:09:48 PM »
I understand what you are saying, but it the same Key.  D# and Eb are the same, you only sharp and flat in chords based on the structure of the chord, and in writing it is based on the progression of the piece and how many flats or sharps you have to use throughout.  That's why you may see some songs written in Db and at some point the writer may change to C#, it is because of the chord structure or progression that requires notes to be sharped instead of flatted and it is easier to notate.  It's not to work on another key.  Once again, D#maj and Ebmaj are the same key.
I see your point. I'm not use to writing music, Thank You Friend for your help. I will remember this, when I add others

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 08:51:03 PM »

This is somewhat true.  Enharmonically Db and C# are the same because they sound the same, but if you say they are the same to a hard core theorist (if that's a word), they would say they are 2 different keys.  This happened to me when I was taking my theory classes in school and my professor would not let me say that they are the same.  So be careful when you say they that are the same.  They sound the same, but are really 2 different keys.  To me, they are the same, but to someone who really knows theory, they are different. 
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 11:00:47 AM »
I understand what you are saying, I was referring to the music piece that was posted.  I do understand that they can be different in theory, but the music that was posted would be the same in D# or Eb.

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »
I am not saying that it was not a good post.  I was just trying to bring it to the attention of Cleve that the notation could have been written easier.  I've been out of college a while and don't often read music anymore, but I have a question.  Is that the correct Key Signature for D#?  It just doesn't look right.  Not trying to rip your post Cleve, I just need to brush up on my theory.  I guess I need to pull out some of my old music books and visit the Music Theory Room. :D

cleveakabig

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »
I am not saying that it was not a good post.  I was just trying to bring it to the attention of Cleve that the notation could have been written easier.  I've been out of college a while and don't often read music anymore, but I have a question.  Is that the correct Key Signature for D#?  It just doesn't look right.  Not trying to rip your post Cleve, I just need to brush up on my theory.  I guess I need to pull out some of my old music books and visit the Music Theory Room. :D
The tab is right. I do not write music but I tried. I will just use tabs in the future more easier. I did my best to take my tabs and put them on sheet music.

But you can tranpose my next tabs for me to sheet music Cas10a. That should be soon

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »
cleveakabig,

What software do you use to tab out the music?

Offline ladybass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My Bass Grooves

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 05:58:39 AM »
Thanks Cleave .... yes, please tell what software you are using to create this.  Also, I encourage you to continue posting just as you did (tabs and notations).  You never know how it will encourage some of us to ween away from reading tabs only.   ;D

cleveakabig

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 07:48:46 AM »
Thanks Cleave .... yes, please tell what software you are using to create this.  Also, I encourage you to continue posting just as you did (tabs and notations).  You never know how it will encourage some of us to ween away from reading tabs only.   ;D
No software,I done that with blank music document and music fonts It took me a week to do this.
I'm not sure if the note part is right,but I'm sure of the tabs.
I found out already I wrote it wrong should have used Eb and not D#  :'(

cleveakabig

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 07:50:05 AM »
No software,I done that with blank music document and music fonts It took me a week to do this.
I'm not sure if the note part is right,but I'm sure of the tabs.
Fogot you can download these fonts for free in many places. YOu maybe able to find a pack to buy that do more for you

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »

No you didn't write it wrong.  Since you are the composer, it's your preference.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

cleveakabig

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 11:13:58 AM »
No you didn't write it wrong.  Since you are the composer, it's your preference.
This is the first time doing this. I know my tabs are right. I'm talking about how I wrote them.
Everything  matching up with my tabs.
Pointers are Welcome anytime. :P

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 11:23:40 AM »
ddwilkins is correct, it wasn't wrong, thats not what I was saying, but I think you got what I was talking about.  I didn't look into everything matching up, I was just making a suggestion that it would be easier to notate in Eb.  It is, in the end, up to the composer and your preference.

cleveakabig

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 05:43:41 PM »
ddwilkins is correct, it wasn't wrong, thats not what I was saying, but I think you got what I was talking about.  I didn't look into everything matching up, I was just making a suggestion that it would be easier to notate in Eb.  It is, in the end, up to the composer and your preference.
I understand what you both are saying.I'm asking you both to help me if you see a mistack or let me know a easier way to do something.
Thank You both.

Offline NewBass

• LGM Member
    • Word Of His Power Ministries

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 09:09:09 PM »
Excellent post, Cleveakabig!!! Keep 'em coming... Us newbies NEED this kind of stuff!!!
<>< Psalm 119:144 <><
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up