LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: D# Walking Bass Line PDF.  (Read 12853 times)

Offline jdholliday

• LGM Member
    • spreading the word worship center

Re: D# Walking Bass Line PDF.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 10:07:40 PM »
i can't seem to open up this bass line can somebody send it to me at pastorjeff@stwchicago.org.

thanks

Pastor J

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 10:11:44 AM »
Could you please reload this again? Thank you!
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 11:24:47 AM »
I do believe cleve has left us.  So, you won't be able to get this post again.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 01:51:27 PM »
man anyone that says that Eb nd D# aren't the same key are TRIPPING REAL BAD!!!!!...lol

Same notes, just written differntly.

dd, i think if i had your music teacher i would've gone insane.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline Riteontime

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 02:55:36 PM »
Where do I get the PDF file?

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »
man anyone that says that Eb nd D# aren't the same key are TRIPPING REAL BAD!!!!!...lol

Enharmonic Keys:

This is what "dd" was referring too in theory, about the keys being different; technically he is correct.  They are the same notes but in theory the keys are different and would be notated differently.

Excerpt from www.cyberfret.com/theory

"B is the same as Cb, F# is the same as Gb and C# is the same as Db. These are known as enharmonic keys (sound the same, but are spelled differently). As far as practical use, you would use the B instead of the Cb. It is easier to think of 5 sharps rather than 7 flats. Also you would use Db instead of C#, because it is better to think of 5 flats instead of 7 sharps. Since F# and Gb have an equal number of sharps and flats, both are used.

C# and Cb are considered more "theoretical" keys than actual usable keys, so for most situations do not use them."

Godsbassman

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:51 PM »
Enharmonic Keys:

This is what "dd" was referring too in theory, about the keys being different; technically he is correct.  They are the same notes but in theory the keys are different and would be notated differently.

Excerpt from www.cyberfret.com/theory

"B is the same as Cb, F# is the same as Gb and C# is the same as Db. These are known as enharmonic keys (sound the same, but are spelled differently). As far as practical use, you would use the B instead of the Cb. It is easier to think of 5 sharps rather than 7 flats. Also you would use Db instead of C#, because it is better to think of 5 flats instead of 7 sharps. Since F# and Gb have an equal number of sharps and flats, both are used.

C# and Cb are considered more "theoretical" keys than actual usable keys, so for most situations do not use them."

Here is my copy of that Pdf file, Cherri
http://www.learngospelmusic.com/media/displayimage.php?album=194&pos=0

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 09:10:26 PM »
Thank you. ;)
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 04:47:15 AM »

I have a couple keyboardist that try to tell me they aren't the same. I don't get it of course they are the same. Bb and A#....... same.

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »

I have a couple keyboardist that try to tell me they aren't the same. I don't get it of course they are the same. Bb and A#....... same.

What these keyboardist are saying is that even though they sound the same when played and are the same note on an instrument when played, Enhamonic keys are named and written (notated) differently theoretically.  It has to do with the number of flats/sharps and the function/relationships of notes within a key.  Maybe I'll go more in depth in the music theory room.  So they are different in that aspect.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 02:29:58 PM »

Think of it this way, it's like the homonyms, they sound the same but have different meanings.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 02:41:41 PM »
As for the pdf file notation...hopefully this helps and gives a better understanding to what is being discussed on the Key Signature (Enharmonic Keys).

The PDF was written in D#...Key signature has "8" Sharps...it's not practical - F#,C#,G#,D#,E#,A#,B#, & again G#.  I don't think this would even be the correct thing to do, with that being said...If you look through the piece there are accidentals (naturals) needed all through the piece because it was written in D#.

ex., D#:  G Natural (Accidental) - A# - C Nat - D# - C Nat - A# - G Nat and so on....

In Eb Key signature would simply be "3" flats...Bb,Ab, & Eb

ex., Key of Eb:  Eb - G - Bb - C - Eb - C - Bb - G and so on.... (No Accidentals)

Offline cardfandan

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »
Right -the notes sound at the same frequency. The pitch is the exact same, but they would be written differently on sheet music depending on the key signature.

For instance, there is a Bb in the key of F, but there is an A# in the key of B major.

Exodus 34:14

HammerRock

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 12:00:26 PM »
Wow.... got booted or walked right out of the board for posting it in D# instead of Eb.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up