LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worship and praise Chords In the Key Of B and E  (Read 3724 times)

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

Re: Worship and praise Chords In the Key Of B and E
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 10:46:57 PM »
You know fellas, when I see requests like this, it kinda irks me a little.  I mean, every key is supposed to be the same right?  So, why not just ask for worship and praise chords in whatever key, then take those chords and learn them in every key?  I guess maybe that's just me.  ?/?

U said it bro...

I know it irks me out too because everything can be easily transposed..Sorry 4 asking for the specific keys , i know how much I hate that :P :-[

Why don't ya break the rules & send the stuff in any key ya like..

I don't even know why I'm asking for this...I guess I need something external to bless me..

thank ya.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline Salvador

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 05:38:36 AM »
I also steer well clear of D...in fact so do all the musicians at our church :). We dont touch D no matter what, its crazy.

You'd leave my church.
If we learn a new song that we have to transpose it usually ends up in D, E, A, or G.

Offline Salvador

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 05:45:54 AM »
I feel you, from what I hear, E seems to feature prominently in guitar, "it's as Db or Ab on the keyboard for gospel musicians"..
One (huge) advantage  piano players have over guitar players with regards to our instruments is that the only thing keeping us from being able to play the same chords and progressions in every key is laziness and apathy.
There's some things on the guitar that you can only play in E because of the set up of the guitar. That's why E minor (G major) is also popular on guitar.
Theoretically you could use alternate tunings and capo's but sometimes that can only help out to a certain point.

The only thing I can think of that is key specific on the piano is the glissando you can do on the black keys in certain keys.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 07:37:59 AM »
The only thing I can think of that is key specific on the piano is the glissando you can do on the black keys in certain keys.

I've noticed that on certain keys (Db, Eb, Gb, and sometimes B) and certain chords (Gb/F# major, Eb/D# minor).
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Ladyn

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »
I understand what you mean T Block, but I guess sometimes it does help to see how someone else voices chords in unfamiliar keys.  Sometimes when I transpose something to another key I do need to change the voicings.  Today I will be playing a song in Bb and B for the soloist  that I normally play in C and Db.  I had to change some of the voicings to make it work. Maybe that is why we see so many of those posts for a specific key.  Just a thought

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 03:14:16 PM »
I guess sometimes it does help to see how someone else voices chords in unfamiliar keys.

Honestly, I use the same voicings for every key and it turns out fine for me.  I rarely stick to one voicing anyway, so I learn all my voicings in every key.  The only thing that may change is what octave I play them in, but my voicings are EXACTLY the same for each and every key.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
I agree with both of you T-Block & Ladyn..

Just like T-Bloc, I play my voicings the same for all the keys..
But there are things/ chords 1 can do in the key of C or B that cannot be done in the other keys..
Maybe not 100% true, but what I meant to say is that some things can be applied in a few keys :
eg:  Cb/Db-Eb-Gb-Ab-Bb-Db-Eb, we can apply this in the key of Cb, Gb (maybe Db ?/? ?/?), but can we still play it in this order in the key of E & get the desired sound?

anyway, all I was asking for are just nice progressions like above& I don't mind the key..I particularly like stuff that changes keys..
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up