LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: keyboard players - fake "new" progressions because they don't know the actual  (Read 8047 times)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Wow, this is a nice discussion, way different than what I thought from the title.  From my experience, I don't think they are faking, they basically just playing any old thing cuz they don't know the actual.  Most of your small churches don't really care if a person plays right, they just want a musician.  Then, when they get a visit from a church who's musicians play correctly, they want to start complaining.

I've played with some of the best and worst musicians in my part of the world.  I've found that it's the more mature person who will do what is necessary to make everything "gel" and get through the service.  Many times, I had to be that person.  I had to swallow my pride and go along so that spirit keeps moving. 
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

Wow, this is a nice discussion, way different than what I thought from the title.  From my experience, I don't think they are faking, they basically just playing any old thing cuz they don't know the actual.  Most of your small churches don't really care if a person plays right, they just want a musician.  Then, when they get a visit from a church who's musicians play correctly, they want to start complaining.

I think there is something to what T-Block has said.  Many times you get compliments from people who really wouldn't know if what you were playing was right or not.  If you buy into that you keep playing what you know until you meet another musician who does something better...or different.  Either way that kind of exposure is good because you can learn from others.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

I've played with some of the best and worst musicians in my part of the world.  I've found that it's the more mature person who will do what is necessary to make everything "gel" and get through the service.  Many times, I had to be that person.  I had to swallow my pride and go along so that spirit keeps moving. 

I Agree with T-Block 100%!
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

I had to swallow my pride and go along so that spirit keeps moving. 

+1. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up