What do you Sing?(Poll Question)

Soprano
Alto
Tenor
Baritone
Bass
Other
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you Sing?(Poll Question)  (Read 10462 times)

Offline b3brotha

• LGM Member

Re: What do you Sing?(Poll Question)
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2006, 11:52:59 AM »
Bass right here! Holdin down that bottom! I only get the chance to sing it in choral classes or when I'm singing with a group. I don't know why church choirs don't have a bass section. So I sing tenor in the choir, but I'm a bass 4 sho.
STAY BLESSED

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 11:12:26 PM »
b3brotha , Welcome to LGM
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

CreoleChica

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 06:49:17 PM »
Bass right here! Holdin down that bottom! I only get the chance to sing it in choral classes or when I'm singing with a group. I don't know why church choirs don't have a bass section. So I sing tenor in the choir, but I'm a bass 4 sho.
STAY BLESSED

CreoleChica

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 06:54:35 PM »
STAY BLESSED

That's messed up, choirs should have a bass section.  I think the Thompson Community Singers had a bass section.......would that be 4 part harmony.  Maybe that's why the were so spectacular, they had 4 sections holding it down.

Raphie

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2006, 07:02:19 PM »
Doin' it big.. Alto.. all the way!!

Offline 1stgiftedchild

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »

That's messed up, choirs should have a bass section.  I think the Thompson Community Singers had a bass section.......would that be 4 part harmony.  Maybe that's why the were so spectacular, they had 4 sections holding it down.

my choir dont have a bass section. as a matter of fact we dont gots no men in our choir. We have some low altos who sing like tennor, but thats it. we dont even really have a saprano (well not what i would call saprano.)

Offline Vangelist

• LGM Member
  • No Joy, No Strength *II Timothy 4*

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
I'm the new choir director at my church, so I pretty much sing everything, but I had to come and rep the SOPRANO section. You know the choir wouldn't be the choir without us especially when we carry the melody 98% of the time. Everybody else just try to keep up.  ;D
I won't take nothing for my journey now. No turnin' back, no turnin' back.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 05:37:52 PM »
I'm the new choir director at my church, so I pretty much sing everything, but I had to come and rep the SOPRANO section. You know the choir wouldn't be the choir without us especially when we carry the melody 98% of the time. Everybody else just try to keep up.  ;D

Rep the choir directors! ;D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline silky

• LGM Member
  • at the Cross.......

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
Soprano and alto I sing. But I am used to singing the alto part.
WHEN YOU CAN'T, GOD CAN

Offline Errica Gooden

• LGM Member
  • I am fearfully and wonderfully made
    • myspace

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 10:44:24 PM »
well i sing everything exceot bass lol ;D ;D
In all things put God first and he will grant you the desires of your heart according to his will.

Offline 1stgiftedchild

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 02:19:08 AM »

modesty at its best LOL :D :D

CreoleChica

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 07:51:28 PM »
my choir dont have a bass section. as a matter of fact we dont gots no men in our choir. We have some low altos who sing like tennor, but thats it. we dont even really have a saprano (well not what i would call saprano.)

You  guys must have a small choir.  I find it amazing when women can sing tenor comfortably and when men sing alto and Soprano. 

What I notice is that it's acceptable for a woman to be a tenor, but many very popular famous choirs will not allow men to sing in the alto or soprano section.   In my church choir, men have to sing tenor.....but we have 5 ladies who sing with the tenors and no one has a problem with that.

Offline calm05

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »
I mainly sing alto and sometimes tenor.  There is one song that I can sing soprano on but only that one song.   (It Takes a Strong Determination)

;)

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 09:24:31 AM »
Peep the screen name.  That's what I was told I was anyway, I don't really know what a Lyric Tenor is.  Insight anyone?  I sing alto to as well.  I tried to do the baritone thing, but my lower register is garbage.  Go figure.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 08:10:24 PM »
There's my answer right there

This mine as well.  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 10:20:16 AM »
Welcome to LGM  calm05
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline Soul_Flower

• LGM Member
  • Sweet As A Rose!!

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2006, 09:37:33 PM »
Naturally, I am a 1st soprano.  But I sing tenor also. Since I can sing tenor, it's pretty much obvious I can sing alto as well.  ;)  Much Love Y'all.
Smooches!!!  :-*
If you take the time to smell the roses,
life will be much more sweeter.  Smooches!!

Mim

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2006, 04:43:41 PM »
Most often I think I sing alto.  Atfer years of longing to be a "real" soprano, I began taking voice lessons and my voice teacher informed me that I was a soprano.  When I'm tired or disenchanted, I'm tenor.  When I'm deep in the presence of the Lord, I'm amazed how high my voice can go.  I actually like to hear myself sing when I'm at that place.  It's kinda like it's not me singing at all.

Offline 1stgiftedchild

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »

You  guys must have a small choir.  I find it amazing when women can sing tenor comfortably and when men sing alto and Soprano. 

yep our choir small, and i dont think many members of the congregation wana join, tooooo much politics lol.

What I notice is that it's acceptable for a woman to be a tenor, but many very popular famous choirs will not allow men to sing in the alto or soprano section.   In my church choir, men have to sing tenor.....but we have 5 ladies who sing with the tenors and no one has a problem with that.[/b]

thats true you know. I know some guys who can sing alto and soprano AND THEIR VOICE HAS BROKEN :o but wen they sing in choir their placed in tenor, cos "soprano is for the ladies!!!"

but then again, I dont think they would have a lady in the bass section (oh yes, trust me, some ladies have deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeep voice lol)

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2006, 05:06:08 PM »
Welcome to LGM  Mim
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up