LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Theory Never Stop Learning  (Read 19948 times)

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

Re: Music Theory Never Stop Learning
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2006, 09:14:20 AM »
YES UNDERTAKER I DO UNDERSTAND AS SOON AS I GET BACK I WILL START TO REPOST
I HAD TO POST THIS BECAUSE IT STILL HAS NOT REALLY SET IN YET
THIS WILL BE AWSOME I AM SURE THAT I WILL BRING BACK SOME AMAZING THINGS TO TEACH.

Subject: Victor Wooten
Date: August 23, 2006 1:12:07 AM EDT
To:   starfishcoffee@numail.org

Congratulations! You have been accepted to attend the advanced bass study Weekend with Victor Wooten. You will soon receive information via USPS, or in the "snail mail". Please read it carefully and promptly send in your release form before the due date so that your slot won't be given away. We look forward to seeing you there!!

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2006, 09:55:15 AM »
OF COURSE YOU CAN ;D ;D ;D ;D
NOBODY HAS EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS ON MUSIC THEORY REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE SAY ::) ::) ::)

YOU CAN SHARE MATERIAL OUT OF ANY BOOK (MUSIC MATH ENGISH SCIENCE) WITH ANY ONE AS LOG AS YOU DO NOT CHARGE FOR IT
OR YOU DO NOT MAKE COPIES TO SELL

I UPSETS ME THAT PEOPLE STILL HATE EVEN ON A GOSPEL SITE THAT SHOULD BE ALL ABOUT GIVING  >:(
IT IS AWSOME THAT YOU ASKED BUT THIS IS FREE

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/?

I WILL EMAIL SOME FILES WITH DIAGRAMS STRIAGHT TO YOU
AND I WILL SAY THIS TO EVERYONE WITH A NEGITIVE SPIRIT

NEVER EVER BURN YOUR BRIDGES
CHERI, BASSMANUNDERTAKER,WILLIE OR ANYONE CAN BE THE NEXT VICTOR WOOTEN
AND WHOM WILL THEY REMEMBER FOR THE HELP TO GET THERE

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2006, 10:30:16 AM »
OF COURSE YOU CAN ;D ;D ;D ;D
NOBODY HAS EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS ON MUSIC THEORY REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE SAY ::) ::) ::)

YOU CAN SHARE MATERIAL OUT OF ANY BOOK (MUSIC MATH ENGISH SCIENCE) WITH ANY ONE AS LOG AS YOU DO NOT CHARGE FOR IT
OR YOU DO NOT MAKE COPIES TO SELL

I UPSETS ME THAT PEOPLE STILL HATE EVEN ON A GOSPEL SITE THAT SHOULD BE ALL ABOUT GIVING  >:(
IT IS AWSOME THAT YOU ASKED BUT THIS IS FREE

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/?

I WILL EMAIL SOME FILES WITH DIAGRAMS STRIAGHT TO YOU
AND I WILL SAY THIS TO EVERYONE WITH A NEGITIVE SPIRIT

NEVER EVER BURN YOUR BRIDGES
CHERI, BASSMANUNDERTAKER,WILLIE OR ANYONE CAN BE THE NEXT VICTOR WOOTEN
AND WHOM WILL THEY REMEMBER FOR THE HELP TO GET THERE

send me those diagrams too homie.

jeremy @ jrawls.net
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline ladybass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My Bass Grooves

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2006, 10:47:02 AM »
Wow, I step away for a short time and now that i'm back, this thread is 4 pages long and still going.  This is great Thomas!!!  Again, thank you sooo much for sharing.  Pls include me in the emailed diagrams and such.

I'm gonna have to play catch-up on these posts.   :)   It's a good thing that the print function on this site allows us to print the entire thread in one printing.

ladykeke@gmail.com

:)

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2006, 12:24:48 PM »
FORGET THE DIAGRAMS (KIDDING)
DID YOU READ THE 3RD POST FROM LAST
THIS IS THE STUFF I AM LOOKING FOWARD TO POSTING ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOOK AT WHO I GOT A EMAIL FROM

AM I BRAGGING

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2006, 12:37:49 PM »
SORRY NOT THE 3RD

JUST GO UP AND READ WHO I GAT A EMAIL FROM

Offline bassmanundertaker

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "To God Be The Glory"

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »
Whenever you can....please send me something to get started on being a brand new "Bass Player"....I am interested in doing things the right way...anything can and will be helpful.

marriedmanjamall@hotmail.com
"To God Be The Glory for KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, and UNDERSTANDING of MY GIFTS that HE has Given ME!"

Offline praiseHisname

• LGM Member
  • Praise Him with a bass guitar

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2006, 07:34:35 PM »
YES UNDERTAKER I DO UNDERSTAND AS SOON AS I GET BACK I WILL START TO REPOST
I HAD TO POST THIS BECAUSE IT STILL HAS NOT REALLY SET IN YET
THIS WILL BE AWSOME I AM SURE THAT I WILL BRING BACK SOME AMAZING THINGS TO TEACH.

Subject: Victor Wooten
Date: August 23, 2006 1:12:07 AM EDT
To:   starfishcoffee@numail.org

Congratulations! You have been accepted to attend the advanced bass study Weekend with Victor Wooten. You will soon receive information via USPS, or in the "snail mail". Please read it carefully and promptly send in your release form before the due date so that your slot won't be given away. We look forward to seeing you there!!

Thomas,

Congratulations on being selected to attend.....Wow!  :o  Evedience that hard work pays off. Prayerfully, mine will too! Because I'm not going to give up...... Like Willie mentioned in a previous post about being hungry and eating soup with a fork----That's me! Just plain ol' starvin and can't get that soup down fast enough.

Can't wait for you to share your experience with us. Lastly, if you don't mind, please include me in on the list of individuals you'll be sending the diagrams out to. I need all the help I can get.

jsmith428@cox.net
To YOU God be the glory!

Offline dave88

• LGM Member

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2006, 08:21:40 PM »
Thomas,

I've read all of this thread becuase i wanna get better and learn something new every time i pick up my bass.  i really do appreciate this site and the forum it's extremely helpfull!!!!!  i've been playing for a couple years but i never took any lessons for bass although i took guitar lessons for a couple years when i was younger.  so to make up for not taking lessons i'm trying to learn all the theory i can because that will help me out alot.  i'm still trying to understand all of this stuff about modes and everything its taking a while for me to digest all the information in this thread alone (not to mention all the other threads).  i'd like u to also send me those files and diagrams or w/e it is ur sending to these other bass players cause i too need all the help i can get!
hope its not a problem i see the list for this info is getting longer by the minute

THANKS!!!
p.s. my email is: dave_j_88@yahoo.com

o and that is a '' j '' not an " i "in between the underscores cause i know its hard to read and alot of ppl have gotten it wrong in the past.. i should probly change it but owell
thanks again

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2006, 09:08:40 PM »
Ok guys please give me a couple days to pull all of info together.

MoeBass6

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2006, 11:27:31 AM »
Thomas

Thanks for all of your time and effort God is really going to bless you. I'm in the intermediate stage so need all the help I can get so whatever you're going to send out via e-mail can I get in line. My e-mail is moebassgrind6@hotmail.com, I can't sing so I want to praise God with my playing just wanting to get some help.I appreciate all that you are doing thanks again.

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2006, 09:29:52 AM »
I HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY AND WILL BE FOR REST OF THE YEAR. I STILL WILL BE EMAILING THE DIAGRAMS TO THOSE OF YOUR THAT HAVE REQUESTED.

I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF (HELP, I NEED, LOOK AT THIS GEAR) POSTS NOT ONLY IN THE BASS FORUM, BUT ALL OVER THIS SITE ?/? ?/? AND HAD MEANT TO COMMENT ON IT.

AS A MUSICIAN ASK YOUR SELF WITH ALL HONESTY NO EXCUSES. WHERE AM I AT ?/? DO I REALLY WANT THIS, AM I HUNGRY FOR THIS ?/?(willie).

DO YOU HAVE A HARD TIME PICKING UP BASS LINES ( I DID)
IF SO THE VERY LAST THING  YOU SHOULD BE DOING IS ASKING FOR A LINE :-[ IT WILL NOT TEACH YOU ANYTHING)
SPEND THE TIME LISTEN TO IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU GET IT. THIS IS CALLED AURAL PERCEPTION AND THIS IS CRITICAL
THE QUICK ROUTE I PROMISE WILL NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER, IS THAT WANT YOU WANT TO DO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE,
WOW HE IS GREAT WOW LISTEN TO HIM ?
OR ARE YOU GOING TO DECIDE I AM GOING TO BE BETTER THAN THAT ONE DAY AND I HAVE TO DO???????????? TO GET THERE.

YOU CAN IGNORE THIS GO BACK AND TALK ABOUT EQUIPMENT BUT I PROMISE YOU THIS IS FACT NOT ADVISE

YOUR EAR DOES NOT GET BETTER UNLESS YOU ARE CONSISTANTY LEARNING MUSIC ON YOUR INSTRUMENT, ALL INSTRUMENT (NOTE FOR NOTE)
THIS TEACHES YOU INTERVALS, KEY CHANGES, MELODY, HARMONY,
AND WHEN YOU FIGURE THAT SONG OUT AFTER HOUR,DAYS,WEEK

MAN IT FEELS AWSOME ( MAYBE THATS JUST ME )

THE REASON I AM SO ON SCALES AND MODES BECAUSE WHEN YOU CONSISTANTLY PLAY THEM YOU WILL START TO HEAR THINGS MUSICALY THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEFORE, THEN YOU WILL HEAR SOMETHING ELSE AND SO ON.

BUT YOU KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT ALSO

HERE TEST YOURSELF 10 SECONDS
ON YOUR BASS PLAY EVERY (C) THAT IS ON YOUR NECK OCTAVES INCLUDED ALL THE WAY UP AND DOWN THE NECK JUST THE NOTE C

DO EVEN KNOW HOW MANY THERE ARE ON YOUR NECK 6- 8 -10 12 14 ????

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS OR DID NOT COMPLETE IT IN 10 SECONDS THEN YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR FRET BOARD

A INTERVEIW WITH JACO P THEY ASK HIM "WHAT ADVISE WOULD YOU GIVE TO BEGINNERS" FRETBOARD KNOWLEDGE"

THIS IS JUST MY ADVISE TO YOU. IT IS A VERY HARD ROAD EVEN WHEN YOU ARE GOOD.

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY ANYONE IT WILL NOT JUST COME TO YOU. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE UNDER YOUR FINGERS WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED.
IF I ASK YOU TO PLAY TENTHS (DOUBLE STOPS) UP AND DOWN YOUR NECK? AND YOU CAN NOT DO IT NOW. IF YOU DO NOT LEARN IT

6 -7 -8 YEARS FROM NOW YOU WILL STILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT.
I PRAY THAT I HAVE PLACED SOMEONE ON THE ROAD TO GREATNESS, DO NOT LET ANYONE EVER GET YOU LOST EVEN YOURSELF!

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »
I agree to the fullest. Discipline is a great tool when utilize to hammer out things...
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline LovetaBass

• LGM Member
  • As humble as I know how...

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2006, 12:28:43 PM »
Yooooooooooo, congrats on that e-mail from Mr. Bass Man himself!!!  I'm think I'm too excited for you. God has definately blessed you man.   :o  Oh yeah can you put me down for some of those diagrams my email is Nelvern.Samuel@verizon.net it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you man!!
"Be ye Blessed and continue to be a Blessing."

Offline Andrzej

• LGM Member
  • I've got 5 on it!
    • Kings Church

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2006, 09:13:29 PM »
thomas1168, bless you brother!  You have a huge passion for your instrument and your humble willingness to share your knowledge and experience to the rest of LGM is really inspiring.  Keep up the good work bud!

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2006, 10:40:02 PM »
Thanks ANDJ, I am pumped about Victor, I know what I will learn with him will take years to become a part of my playing and a lot of work, but it is exciting just to be around someone with that kind of knowledge of the bass. And I will be bringing it back here to share.

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2006, 08:36:43 AM »
Thanks ANDJ, I am pumped about Victor, I know what I will learn with him will take years to become a part of my playing and a lot of work, but it is exciting just to be around someone with that kind of knowledge of the bass. And I will be bringing it back here to share.

I will be listening, going out to buy me a new notebook. Thank you thomas1168 for sharing. I appreciate you. Peace...
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline BassAddict

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2006, 11:00:51 AM »
Thomas,

I would love to get my hands on some of those diagrams bro! raptur2000@hotmail.com

When and where is that Victor Wooten event going to be?
Acts 4:12

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2006, 04:46:31 PM »
Let me know who is on the GAME AND WHO IS JUST WASTING TIME
AND I DO ALREDY KNOW WHOM IS JOKERS.

LEAVE A REPLY IF YOU LEARNED YOUR MODES IN AT LEAST 1 KEY AND IF YOU HEARD ANYTHING THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEFORE WITH THE CHORDS THAT I GAVE YOU.

HOW MANY GOT THE LOUIS JOHNSON BASS LINE DOWN , CLEAN ON TIME ECT

LET ME KNOW...

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2006, 05:09:33 PM »
Let me know who is on the GAME AND WHO IS JUST WASTING TIME
AND I DO ALREDY KNOW WHOM IS JOKERS.

LEAVE A REPLY IF YOU LEARNED YOUR MODES IN AT LEAST 1 KEY AND IF YOU HEARD ANYTHING THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEFORE WITH THE CHORDS THAT I GAVE YOU.

HOW MANY GOT THE LOUIS JOHNSON BASS LINE DOWN , CLEAN ON TIME ECT

LET ME KNOW...

Raises hand.

I just finished learning my Melodic Minor Modes.

They definately are differnt sounding..lol.

I'll post them up sometime this week.
Somebody put me in the key of E#
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up