LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Directors Not Doing Their Parts  (Read 2241 times)

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member
  • Will Ur h3@Rt N sOuL s@Y yEs!!!!

Directors Not Doing Their Parts
« on: July 26, 2006, 10:07:56 AM »
Hey LGM Fam,

Need some advice for ya'll. Im one of the head directors for my church youth choir, and their is another individual that works with me. Well herre is the thing;they started out as the original director before I started and she had asked me to help her out because the choir was too much for her to handle.Well that following week when i came and tried to help her out she never showed up for the rehersal, and every week after that she would never show up or she would come extremely late and want to teach her song. What do i do.do i talk to the pastor or do i talk to the music ministry director which is her mother.HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP.  :-\
*Princess of Praize*

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Directors Not Doing Their Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 07:38:52 PM »
Hey LGM Fam,

Need some advice for ya'll. Im one of the head directors for my church youth choir, and their is another individual that works with me. Well herre is the thing;they started out as the original director before I started and she had asked me to help her out because the choir was too much for her to handle.Well that following week when i came and tried to help her out she never showed up for the rehersal, and every week after that she would never show up or she would come extremely late and want to teach her song. What do i do.do i talk to the pastor or do i talk to the music ministry director which is her mother.HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP.  :-\

Talk to the Ministry head first, then see what happens. If nothing changes, then go to your pastor.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 03:38:41 PM »
I think you should talk to her before you talk to anyone....

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 10:51:20 PM »
You should always see a situation for what it is first.

In my shoes (young and without many gigs) this would be a blessing, 'cause I'd teach my songs at get them kids out of there.

THE YOUTH CHOIR WOULD SOMEHOW "ACCIDENTALLY" BE UNDER MY DIRECTION.

If she dosen't want to show up......FINE!!! Take over!
I Love You!!!

Offline Maestro87

• LGM Member
    • Facebook Profile

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »
Take your concern to the other director follow a formant of

Stating the problem
Asking why and
Listening

If they say they will do better then give them a chance if not report it to the ministry director.  Alot of the mess will start if you do not let her know first.  She might not think she is doing anything wrong.  Let her know first and see if a change can come about.  Whatever  you do, make sure you say everything in a non-aggressive and loving tone.  If she feels attacked, bigger problems may arise.  God Bless!!
"Stay Fly, Stay Fresh, God Bless"
Dameron Growe

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 08:00:39 PM »
Take your concern to the other director follow a formant of

Stating the problem
Asking why and
Listening

If they say they will do better then give them a chance if not report it to the ministry director.  Alot of the mess will start if you do not let her know first.  She might not think she is doing anything wrong.  Let her know first and see if a change can come about.  Whatever  you do, make sure you say everything in a non-aggressive and loving tone.  If she feels attacked, bigger problems may arise.  God Bless!!

Well jus an update from original post....the director I was talkin about...she stepped down without me having to say anything 2 her..one day she came to rehersal and was like I'm not staying for rehersal so you can teach and ever since then she has not been back to any rehersals.When I asked when will she be comin back she said I dunno but not at this time.

So basically the Lord took it in His hands and gave me a response without speaking to either parties.So I thank God for that
*Princess of Praize*

Offline Maestro87

• LGM Member
    • Facebook Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 09:47:25 PM »
Well jus an update from original post....the director I was talkin about...she stepped down without me having to say anything 2 her..one day she came to rehersal and was like I'm not staying for rehersal so you can teach and ever since then she has not been back to any rehersals.When I asked when will she be comin back she said I dunno but not at this time.

So basically the Lord took it in His hands and gave me a response without speaking to either parties.So I thank God for that
AMEN!!
"Stay Fly, Stay Fresh, God Bless"
Dameron Growe

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »
Well, I'm glad that worked out...

Sadly, some people aren't called to do what we do. We do what we have to do because we have NO OTHER CHOICE.

If her season to direct is over, there's a better way to end it than that.

I've had 2 people step down from my praise team in the last 6 months but they did it the right way. They discussed with me their situation and we decided when the appropriate time to go our seperate ways.

I never beg folks to come, if they have other choices then I don't fight it, I give them my blessing! I hope your former fellow director made his/her peace with the Minister of Music and Pastor also...

MrSparrow

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »
Sadly 2 say...but she really doesnt even come to church that much anymore....and when she does come;she comes and goes just as fast as the wind blows.I know this not a good thing for her but she doesnt want to talk about anything that goes on wit her anymore...I still pray for her but thats all I can really do.
*Princess of Praize*

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
Sadly 2 say...but she really doesnt even come to church that much anymore....and when she does come;she comes and goes just as fast as the wind blows.I know this not a good thing for her but she doesnt want to talk about anything that goes on wit her anymore...I still pray for her but thats all I can really do.
That all u can do is pray.
Shannon moore

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
There is one more thing you can do, sadly we are all guilty of this from time to time...

Call her every now and again and ask how they're doing. Don't call with the choir business or anything to do with the choir, the church or anything at all... Just say, I called because I wanted to hear your voice ...

Until we get into the people business as a body of Christ, we will continue to lose people...

MrSparrow

Offline rwynn

• LGM Member
  • Praise The Lord!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 10:26:37 PM »
I would also advise to make sure your pastor is aware of the situation. That way, if she does show up, she'll know that she cannot just take over the choir again. That will alleviate a lot of confusion for the choir, stress for you, and your pastor.
God knows the plans He has for me......Jer 29:11

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 09:48:35 AM »
It's been a few days since I last posted in this topic. Have you called to check on the person? I think once we as a church start showing folks we care more about their soul than what they can do we will have less burned out workers and less burned out musicians and less burned out church members as a whole.

We have developed this "what have you done for me lately" syndrome... If people up and leave then... OH WELL who's going to do that job now? It's never, my sister or brother is hurt, let me see what I can do to aid them...

MrSparrow

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 11:09:12 AM »
It's been a few days since I last posted in this topic. Have you called to check on the person? I think once we as a church start showing folks we care more about their soul than what they can do we will have less burned out workers and less burned out musicians and less burned out church members as a whole.

We have developed this "what have you done for me lately" syndrome... If people up and leave then... OH WELL who's going to do that job now? It's never, my sister or brother is hurt, let me see what I can do to aid them...

MrSparrow

Yes I have called her a cpule of times last week but has not returned my phone cals. I told her I was just checkin on her and make sure everyting was alright.Havent seen her at church since our watch night services.So I hope she is ok.But like I stated before I still pray for her.
*Princess of Praize*

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 11:58:52 AM »
That's GREAT! Eventually you will see a harvest from the seeds that you've planted.

It's time out for that I'll pray for you but I won't speak to you mess...

MrSparrow

Pages: [1]   Go Up