LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discouraging Moments  (Read 1020 times)

Offline djgroovin

• LGM Member

Discouraging Moments
« on: August 02, 2006, 12:36:27 PM »
Ok.  I had one of those discouraging moments this week.  I was shedding with my cousins and one of them is a beast on the bass.  So I go home all inspired.  The next day I try out some of the new stuff I learned and it sounds like garbage.  I have no idea what I'm doing.  I REALLY wanted to smash my bass or burn it or something.  After about 10min.  I put it down and just went to bed.

The next day I get home after work and check my email.  I have messages on practice exercises (Willie T. you know about this - GV sent it out).  Now it was only about arpeggios but it reminded me to get back to the basics.  I picked up my bass last night and for the first time the whole fretboard REALLY opened up to me.  Not just two octave scales but the entire fretboard.  I'm seeing all types of patterns and possibilies.  I already new chords and scales but for me it was one of those light bulb moments.

My point in sharing this is although sometimes it gets discouraging trying to push so hard to learn.  Ususally when you are at the lowest point of frustration you are just on the other side of a break through.

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

Re: Discouraging Moments
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 12:56:14 PM »
yes sir feel you on that one. there has been plenty of times where i felt like giving up but when i was at my lowest point god came in and blessed me. thats why to this day i know im meant to play bass. god made it my destiny. keep holdin it down for tha lord and god bless.

Offline carlmack7183

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Carl's Business

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 02:37:44 PM »
  I REALLY wanted to smash my bass or burn it or something. 

Hey brother Ive been there too, and after choir rehersal tonight Im sure I'll be there again. The key is to do things at your pace and progress as you become more comfortable. Practice all that you can, and you will get better and better. Oh, the next time you think about smashing your bass, sell it to me, I can always use another!! J/K ;D ;D

Offline Willie L. Terry Jr

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »
4HG should list this as the post of the year!~

DJ...well put!

Again to all that say that LGM Bassroom don't teach nothing, think again.  It's not always about learning riffs but this stuff will help young players coming up.

T.J.
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the Lord my rock who teaches my hands to war and my FINGAZ to fight!

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »
I'm trying to find out what EMAIL list you are on...

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 05:37:02 PM »
Something I found in my research and I have added to my musical diet. Frustration only means you are learning something. Keep pushing through...
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up