LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KEEP MEMPHIS IN YOUR PRAYERS!  (Read 2438 times)

itsallpeach

KEEP MEMPHIS IN YOUR PRAYERS!
« on: July 22, 2003, 08:46:31 AM »
As I sit here at my desk, I am constantly receiving calls from people reporting that trees are down and driving conditions are HORRIBLE!  A storm hit Memphis about 6:30 this morning with 65mph winds (or at least that's what I heard) and there is panic and chaos everywhere.  The man on the radio assured us that it was NOT a tornado, just a severe thunder storm.  Miraculously, I slept right through it but as soon as I got in the car heading for work I noticed that I had 10 missed calls, and the cell phone began ringing.  Now, I have to go out and check all of my group homes to make sure the residents and staff are all safe and protected from harm. We have a major inspection today (imagine that) to also get through.

People have been reporting power outages and damage from fallen trees, and the gospel DJ's have been praying for people on the radio.  The power is out at my house, but that's all.  Everyone in my family is OK.  Hopefully Daryl is OK, too (since he's here in Memphis)!!!

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Its Crazy....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 08:56:39 AM »
I mad it to work downtown and it is CRAZY.   The highway is cluttered with trees, branches, signs and powerlines.  Piece of buildings are in the middle of the road.  I just thank God that I and my family are ok.
:)

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 09:12:03 AM »
Thank God you both "weathered" the storm!!!

itsallpeach

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 09:24:39 AM »
BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE I SLEPT RIGHT THROUGH IT!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 10:47:09 AM »
Herman, many years ago (in 1988) I lived in New Orleans and a hurricane hit during the night. It knock down a rather large tree which landed on my car. I didn't hear a thing. You can imagine my suprise when I woke up.

Look at it like this, its best to have a restful sleep than to be up worried. God neither sleeps nor slumber, so why should you be up worrying.

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 08:13:17 PM »
My mom, grandmother and I drove through Memphis yesterday, just about 12 hours before the storm.  We spent the night in Bowling Green, Kentucky on our return travels from Shreveport, LA to our homes in Toledo, OH.  My stepdad told us about the storm we missed when my mom phoned home from the road.  I pray everyone is alright in Memphis.  I had a hallelujah-thank-you-fit when I heard how we had been spared.  That would have been tough on my nerves and the ladies, especially not know where we were except for heading north on I 64.

Prayerful and grateful,
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 08:23:57 AM »
Quote from: thekeynote
I had a hallelujah-thank-you-fit when I heard how we had been spared.  That would have been tough on my nerves and the ladies, especially not know where we were except for heading north on I 64.

Prayerful and grateful,
Lisa

I know this is bad English, but "Ain't" God good!!!

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 08:31:12 AM »
Quote from: SisterT
Quote from: thekeynote
I had a hallelujah-thank-you-fit when I heard how we had been spared.  That would have been tough on my nerves and the ladies, especially not know where we were except for heading north on I 64.

Prayerful and grateful,
Lisa

I know this is bad English, but "Ain't" God good!!!

Girl, He Shole' is good!!!  We caught some rain in Kentucky yesterday and that made my grandmother nervous.  The Memphis storm would have been too much for her.  

Now that I've slept a night in my own bed since being away for a week, and having driven about 2300 miles during the week, I don't think I'm ever driving that far again...lol!

Love ya!
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

itsallpeach

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 10:35:47 AM »
Day 2 of NO POWER and TREES DOWN!  After a two hour search, I finally found a hotel room where I could rest peacefully (in the AIR) and they had an iron and everything!  So, I am "so fresh and so clean" in IRONED clothes while everyone else is wrinkled up at the office!  HAHAHA (just kidding)!

All three phone lines in my house are down due to the storm and it rained like crazy.  On the way to work, I actually saw a dangling traffic light finally give up and just FALL!  WOW!

But through it all I know that we have been kept by God.  The news reports show that only two deaths occurred and when you look at all the damage that was done, THAT'S A MIRACLE!

Offline rafman1718

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 11:23:05 AM »
I have some friends who are on vacation in Memphis! I pray that they're okay.
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart!
Pages: [1]   Go Up