LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musicians, has this every happened to you?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline drakeboy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My boyz

Musicians, has this every happened to you?
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:13:17 PM »
During a recent reheasal DBG2K5 and myself noticed that whenever he was playing everyone was singing in the own little world, but once he quit playing the harmony and parts was all there. Our first thought was to trip but then I thought that this would be a great question for all musicians here in LGM land. So have you ever taught a song and while you continue to play it the choir or group sounded off and when the music stop everything came together like there was no problems at all?

Jay
But I trusted in thee, O LORD; I said, thou art my GOD...Psalms 31:14

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

Re: Musicians, has this every happened to you?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »
During a recent reheasal DBG2K5 and myself noticed that whenever he was playing everyone was singing in the own little world, but once he quit playing the harmony and parts was all there. Our first thought was to trip but then I thought that this would be a great question for all musicians here in LGM land. So have you ever taught a song and while you continue to play it the choir or group sounded off and when the music stop everything came together like there was no problems at all?

Jay

Jay, I have never even heard of a problem like this and I have never been in this situation.  Bishop Cole :)
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline clavi

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:15:02 PM »
sounds like you have a strong, slightly off pitch lead singer.  The singers are following this voice rather than the instrument.  They are so in tune to that singer, that they have 'tuned out' the instrument.  It is very slight, so to the trained ear, you guys can hear it but the members singing aren't paying enough attention to the instrument to detect it.  Correct your strong singer and everybody else will follow.  Or better yet, have every body sing at whisper level. ;) 

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:54:15 AM »
Welcome to LGM  clavi 
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline pianofingers21

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:04:25 PM »
Yes. I've experienced this before.

Sometimes while learning a new song.. the pitch is off.. Not so much that others notice it but to me it sounds horrible.  Usually I'll stop playing and we sing acapella  and it works wonders... it may just be it takes a while for some members of your choir to get things down..

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 11:51:29 AM »

Jay, I have never even heard of a problem like this and I have never been in this situation.  Bishop Cole :)

Me either.
Shannon moore
Pages: [1]   Go Up