LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organ drawbar settings?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline rj989

• LGM Member

Organ drawbar settings?
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:20:32 AM »
 Whenever i read about drawbar settings there are only nine settings shown in most post.  How do i set the rest of the drawbars?  Thank you for your time and God Bless.

Offline rj989

• LGM Member

Re: Organ drawbar settings?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:41:11 AM »
can someone, anyone help?  I would like some new sounds to use.  Thank you in advance, God Bless.

Offline BimmerFan99

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:57:04 PM »
There are 4 sets of 9 drawbars on the organ.

The two leftmost sets are for the upper manual and are engaged by the Bb and B preset keys on the far left of the upper manual.
The two rightmost sets are for the lower manual and are engaged by the Bb and B preset keys on the far left of the lower manual.

The two drawbars in the center are for the pedals.

This setup makes it easy for organists to switch rapidly from one sound setting to another.

When drawbar settings are mentioned in text, each number represents how far that specific drawbar should be pulled out.  If you look at the top of the drawbars, you'll see numbers from 1-8.  Zero means that drawbar should be pulled all the way in.

Example:
This means the first four drawbars in a set should be pulled all the way out and the rest should be in, which is actually a very common standard gospel setting used for basslines and right-hand.

Which of the four sets of drawbars you use is up to you and your playing style.  Generally, though, organists use the upper manual for right-hand playing, and thus right-hand drawbar settings will be used, and the lower manual for running bass lines.

I hope this helps.

Offline rj989

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 07:01:21 AM »
Thank you Bimmerfan99 for this info.  So when someone post numbers that look like this 88880000 does this mean you set the drawbars this way for each set of 4?  Thank you again, and God Bless.

Offline BimmerFan99

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:46:38 PM »
There is no "set of 4."

Each set of drawbars has a total of 9 drawbars.
There are 4 sets of drawbars - two for the upper manual and two for the lower.
You cannot use more than one set of 9 drawbars per manual at any time.

When someone writes 888800000 as the drawbar setting, they mean you pull out the first four drawbars in a set to the number 8 on top of them.  You'll see the numbers printed on top of the drawbars.  The other 5 stay pushed all the way in.

When you push the Bb preset on the upper manual, you activate the first (leftmost) drawbar set.  When you push the B preset, you activate the second set of drawbars.

When you push the Bb preset on the lower manual, you activate the third drawbar set.  When you push the B preset, you activate the fourth (rightmost) set of drawbars.

Offline rj989

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 07:02:13 AM »
Ok, i've go it now.  Thank you so much for helping me BimmerFan99, God Bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up