LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad for Youth!  (Read 1676 times)

Offline MiraM09

• LGM Member
  • I Wanna B A Proverbs 31 Woman!!

Sad for Youth!
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:30:02 PM »
I am a member of a mainly family Southern Baptist Church.  I have noticed how hard it is to get our youth more involved in church.  During my summer home from school, I decided to help with the youth choir.  During the 3 months I was home there were many rehearsals and only an average of 3 members showed to each rehearsal.  Unforunately on the 3rd Sunday (Youth Sunday) there were many children in the choir, but on the other sundays they are "no where to be found".  When the question was asked why is there such a lack of youth in church it was because they didn't want to be borthered with the "Youth Leaders" that are there when I'm at school.  The youth leaders feel they are there because no one else wants to do it and don't share the same connection with the children.  So, as a result as soon as the youth get in Middle School they tend to shy away from the church, because they are being pushed away by the youth leaders.  I was wondering are there any suggestions to getting the youth more involved and encouraged to attend church and Sunday Church School?

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

Re: Sad for Youth!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »
When the question was asked why is there such a lack of youth in church it was because they didn't want to be borthered with the "Youth Leaders" that are there when I'm at school. 

It would seem you answered your own question. They dont want to be bothered with leadership

The youth leaders feel they are there because no one else wants to do it and don't share the same connection with the children

THe leadership is there out of obligation, not out of love for the kids. Leaders (any group) must want to be a part and have a love for what they do, their attitude flows over to the youth, if they dont want to be thier why should the youth want to be there.

So, as a result as soon as the youth get in Middle School they tend to shy away from the church, because they are being pushed away by the youth leaders.  I was wondering are there any suggestions to getting the youth more involved and encouraged to attend church and Sunday Church School?

Youth leaders have a special anointing (IMO), the ability to communicate and be real with young people is a special gift from God. When leadership gets excited they tend to excite those around them.

Keep praying for dedicated leaders and mentors for yhe youth.

God Bless you and Welcome to the LGM Family

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 08:41:49 PM »
It would seem you answered your own question. They dont want to be bothered with leadership

The youth leaders feel they are there because no one else wants to do it and don't share the same connection with the children

THe leadership is there out of obligation, not out of love for the kids. Leaders (any group) must want to be a part and have a love for what they do, their attitude flows over to the youth, if they dont want to be thier why should the youth want to be there.

So, as a result as soon as the youth get in Middle School they tend to shy away from the church, because they are being pushed away by the youth leaders.  I was wondering are there any suggestions to getting the youth more involved and encouraged to attend church and Sunday Church School?

Youth leaders have a special anointing (IMO), the ability to communicate and be real with young people is a special gift from God. When leadership gets excited they tend to excite those around them.

Keep praying for dedicated leaders and mentors for yhe youth.

God Bless you and Welcome to the LGM Family

Well stated Bear..... Woman of God, NOW is the time for you to step  up and Fill some empty holes that are needed to be filled! Pray and ask God for Guidance on this, first!  God bless and Welcome to LGM!!!!  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 05:08:02 PM »
Welcome to LGM  MiraM09
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline MiraM09

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 08:03:24 PM »
Thanks every1 for the welcoming to LGM.  Today I was axed to take of the Youth Department's Rehearsal, Wed. so we'll see how that goes on Wednesday!! Thanks for the encouragement to go forth in Jesus's name.

May God Continue to Bless You All

Offline pentecost_piano123

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 08:08:49 PM »
The full proof way for a youth and even a church revival is the Holy Ghost.  Having and seeking for the amaizing gift of the Holy Ghost. 

I have seen how youth groups changed into major revival groupes.

The Holy Ghost is real!  (AMEN!!)    ;D ;D :) :D

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 08:20:51 PM »
  Today I was axed to

*poof, The Grammar Wizard enters*

axed? axed? You can't be serious?  :o

Today, you were asked...  If you're going to take over the youth department, then please use standard English. They can get the slang from the streets. WE are to set apart.  ;)

God speed to you in your new endeavor.

*poof, The Grammar Wizard exits*
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »

*poof, The Grammar Wizard enters*

axed? axed? You can't be serious?  :o

Today, you were asked...  If you're going to take over the youth department, then please use standard English. They can get the slang from the streets. WE are to set apart.  ;)

God speed to you in your new endeavor.

*poof, The Grammar Wizard exits*

oooooooh get her GW!!!!!   Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline MiraM09

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
(Laughing Out Loud) LOL! Bishop, I do know and understand the correct English grammar very well. My dad is an English/Reading teacher and a minister.  I do understand that we are to be set apart, but we also have to understand that many youth are yet affraid of "church people" being so much on a "high horse".  So I feel if I can communicate on their level and also include a blend of what is right then I'll be able to get more participation from them.  But thanks for the enlightment!!

May God Bless You!

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »
The full proof way for a youth and even a church revival is the Holy Ghost.  Having and seeking for the amaizing gift of the Holy Ghost. 

I have seen how youth groups changed into major revival groupes.

The Holy Ghost is real!  (AMEN!!)    ;D ;D :) :D

Okay PP, as good as that sounded and as much as it is true, you probably need to go back and re-read her first post.... she's "SOUTHERN BAPTIST"
Now I'm quite sure you know that that is not a part of the Southern Baptist doctrine. So, the advice that should be given is one of trying to excite the youth of that church "Southern Baptist" style. How do you do that?? I have no idea... I'm not Southern Baptist.
I will say this. There are certain elements that ALL churches (denominations) need in order to reach and maintain today's youth.
1) Youth leaders that are focused and dedicated to the Spiritual growth and development of youth in general.
2) Youth leaders that understand the qualities and potental of each youth and use the necessary resourses to tap into those qualities, strengthening the church thereby.
3) A church pastor or youth pastor thats actively involved in the youth ministry. (Proper Leadership)
4) Total involvement/ participation of the parents. (Extremely important) If they don't care, neither will their children.
5) A monthly/ quarterly agenda expressed in any format (newsletter, magazine, pamphlet) as to help with events, goals, accomplishments, etc.
6) Community service/ outreach.

These are just a few of many things necessary for a healthly, structured and prosperous youth ministry... and it applies to all. Holy Ghost or not.

Be blessed...
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up