LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEED SOME HELP  (Read 1583 times)

Offline youngkobe2k6

• LGM Member

NEED SOME HELP
« on: August 18, 2006, 10:59:29 PM »
 ?/?CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME THE BASICS I NEED TO KNOW TO BECOME A BETTER BASS PLAYER ?/?

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

Offline jpeeze

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • ACT 2:38

Re: NEED SOME HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 12:17:11 AM »
Learn all your modes, and the thoery u can. practice practice practice. listen to all different types of music and never ever give up

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 06:16:36 AM »
Welcome to LGM. Utilize the search engine within LGM type in scales, mode, etc... Check post by thomas1186...
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Godsbassman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »
Welcome to LGM. Utilize the search engine within LGM type in scales, mode, etc... Check post by thomas1186...
Do you wish to become a real bass player or a solo bass player with no grooves?
Bass players of today, have forgotten about the word and meaning of Groove.

Godsbassman

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 08:59:07 AM »
Do you wish to become a real bass player or a solo bass player with no grooves?
Bass players of today, have forgotten about the word and meaning of Groove.
Oh I almost forgot to mention thanks for the Tons and I mean Tons of emails from many of you here.

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »
REGARDING YOUR QUOTE
I HOPE YOU ARE NOT SAYING THAT I AM NOT A REAL BASS PLAYER

Godsbassman

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 04:47:41 PM »
REGARDING YOUR QUOTE
I HOPE YOU ARE NOT SAYING THAT I AM NOT A REAL BASS PLAYER

I can't recall saying anything about you or did I mention your name. Turn off your caps and then ask your question again. All cap means that you're yelling. I'm not hard of hearing and I have 20/20 vision.
So that must be some kind of anger inside trying to get out.

I have thumb this forum and you do have some nice cut and paste articles from other webpages and books. Don't forget about copy rights nows.

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 08:56:39 PM »
NO ONES MAD OR ANGRY
I ALWAYS TYPE CAPS ON EVERY POST MEANS IM TYPING CAPS TO ME
YOU QUOTED CHERI S  COMMENT AND WENT ON TO SAY ABOUT REAL BASS PLAYERS
IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER EITHER WAY

AND MY COMMENT WAS ONLY MEANT TO BE FUNNY ANYWAY

OH AND BEFORE YOU START TALKING ABOUT ME STEALING OTHER PEOPLES THEORY OR AS YOU PUT IT COPY RIGHTS

READ SOME OF THE POSTS 
PEOPLE HAVE SAID WRITE A BOOK I TELL EVERYONE RIGHT OUT

FROM MY BERKLEE BOOKS
FROM THE EVOLVING BASSIST

THATS ALL I WILL STOP HERE
WELCOME TO LGM THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 09:24:11 PM »
OH

AND FORGOT TO MENTION TO ANYONE ELSE WHOM MIGHT GET UPSET ABOUT MY CAPS

I DO NOT HAVE 20/20 MY LEFT EYE ONLY FUNCTIONS 43 PERCENT
SO THE CAPS HELP ME TYPE FASTER INSTEAD OF SQUINTING
NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT UNTIL MENTIONED

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 02:04:45 AM »
I have thumb this forum and you do have some nice cut and paste articles from other webpages and books. Don't forget about copy rights nows.

:-X  Wether Thomas did or didn't write all of his theory posts from scratch is of no relevance.  What matters is that we are being exposed to theory that we didn't know about.  Things that we can learn about and add to our personal arsenals.  Maybe we can even use it to help define our personal style.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder, which I can't understand seeing as we're here to learn and that is what Thomas is helping us do.  LEARN (yes i'm shouting that word). Are you upset because he's sharing some theory with us that some of us probably never would've been exposed to if he didn't bring it to us?  Or are you more upset that you didn't do it ?/? 

And as thomas has stated he already has mentined that he's just typing what he has in some of his notes and from other music theory books that he has. 

People always find a way to try to scare off or want to get rid of the people that are trying to help them and it's time that yall chill out.  It makes no sense and there's no need for it.  You can obviously tell when Thomas didn't type something as all the posts he type (no offense thomas) lack punctuation and are in all caps.

How about we focus more on elarning from what we have and what people are contributing to the site (wether that be collection alot of theory and just putting it up as a collection dictionary, or what they have learned from personal experience).

And if you had a problem with the way Thomas posts why didn't you send him a private message instead of trying to publically humiliate him?
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Godsbassman

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 08:54:55 AM »
:-X  Wether Thomas did or didn't write all of his theory posts from scratch is of no relevance.  What matters is that we are being exposed to theory that we didn't know about.  Things that we can learn about and add to our personal arsenals.  Maybe we can even use it to help define our personal style.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder, which I can't understand seeing as we're here to learn and that is what Thomas is helping us do.  LEARN (yes i'm shouting that word). Are you upset because he's sharing some theory with us that some of us probably never would've been exposed to if he didn't bring it to us?  Or are you more upset that you didn't do it ?/? 

And as thomas has stated he already has mentined that he's just typing what he has in some of his notes and from other music theory books that he has. 

People always find a way to try to scare off or want to get rid of the people that are trying to help them and it's time that yall chill out.  It makes no sense and there's no need for it.  You can obviously tell when Thomas didn't type something as all the posts he type (no offense thomas) lack punctuation and are in all caps.

How about we focus more on elarning from what we have and what people are contributing to the site (wether that be collection alot of theory and just putting it up as a collection dictionary, or what they have learned from personal experience).

And if you had a problem with the way Thomas posts why didn't you send him a private message instead of trying to publically humiliate him?

Let me tell yo one thing. Truth hurt most time,and helping is good but don't take credit from someone else hard labor. He should have posted where he got that Theory info from.
 And gave credit to the real maker. Not take it. To me that's a Lie
If he was going to take credit for that info he should have changed it up and not have posted it just like he copied it.
You asked me,why did I not email him instead of trying to publically humilate him? Now ask him that same question. In all CAPS so he can see it.
  Bass Player do not need Theory that's something man have pushed, to make money off in Schools.
Just like man have pushed, you have to go to College to be a Preacher. Only God can Appoint a Preacher and only God will put in position the right people around him. From the Preachers Wife,Kids and Inner Circle. Oh almost forgot, even the Choir and Musicians.
Back to bass playing

The many of the best bass line cames from Bass Players,who never knew Theory. But it can't hurt to learn later on. But it will get ANY bass player confused.

Bass players work with Patterns,a good ear,inner clock and feeling.

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 09:41:22 AM »
THIS IS THE LAST POST ON THIS TREAD I ALREADY FEEL LIKE A FOOL TO EVEN RESPOND TO THIS NONSENSE

Re: Music Theory Never Stop Learning
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »

You should seriously consider putting all of this into a book.  You could reach a lot more people.
thomas1168
Maestro

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »

Bless you man , thanks
but I take mostly all of this from my berklee course book and my private instruction notes
and clinics I see at school

NO ONE LIED
MAN YOU GOT SOME SERIOUS ISSUES TO COME IN TO A WESITE AND START
TRIPPIN ON EVERYONE ON YOUR 3RD POST ?/?

GET YOUR FASTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU START TEARING PEOPLE APART

WHAT TRIPS ME OUT IS ONE SENTENCE YOUR TEARING SOMEONE UP
THE NEXT SENTENCE ( YOU ARE MOCKING MY DISABILITIES Now ask him that same question. In all CAPS so he can see it.
I REALLY DID NOT SHARE THAT TO BE MOCKED

AND THEN YOU TALK ABOUT GOD IN THE NEXT SENTENCE ?/?

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 09:52:33 AM »

Bass Player do not need Theory that's something man have pushed, to make money off in Schools.

The many of the best bass line cames from Bass Players,who never knew Theory. But it can't hurt to learn later on. But it will get ANY bass player confused.

Bass players work with Patterns,a good ear,inner clock and feeling.

HAHAHAH, and what do you think those patterns are based on?  Do you think that a shape is just a shape for sakes sate?  Man you truly are lost.  MUSIC IS THEORY.  Bottom line.  There may be some bass lines that people wrote without knowing theory, sure, but why would you limit yourself?  Tha'ts like saying I'm going fishing for a whale with only 1 harpoon.  Sure you might hit that whale sooner or later, but if you had a boat full of harpoons the chances of you hitting that whale GREATLY increases, not to mention you will catch other whales along the way.

Theory can be confusing, but guess what...if it was easy EVERYONE in the world would be an awesome musician. Unfortunately that's not how it goes.

Anyways, what do you think that Modes are?  THEY'RE PATTERNS.  What do you think differnt scales are?  THEY'RE PATTERS.  Patterns that follow other patterns.  You say you don't need to learn theory and I say that's rubbish.  Utter Rubbish. 

You go out and try to play with some jazz musicians and then you come back and tell me how you failed misurable because you didn't understand what they were saying when they mention a ii-vi-i-vii-v-i progression for the bass line.

If you don't want to know more about theory....or as I like to look at it "Bass theory", then leave.  No one is making you read or respond to these insightful posts.  Maybe you'd rather have discussions about wether Victor Wooten is the king of tripple popping or if it's Mark King ?/? Or maybe you want to talk about what tuning pegs look better on a fodera bass.

If you want us to learn why Don't you posts some informative posts about playing? 

You just joined LGM and you are talking about other people and the craft that they're wokring on and helping others with. 

You remind me of another memeber that i won't mention.....

Somebody put me in the key of E#

Godsbassman

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 09:53:33 AM »
THIS IS THE LAST POST ON THIS TREAD I ALREADY FEEL LIKE A FOOL TO EVEN RESPOND TO THIS NONSENSE

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »

You should seriously consider putting all of this into a book.  You could reach a lot more people.
thomas1168
Maestro

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »

Bless you man , thanks
but I take mostly all of this from my berklee course book and my private instruction notes
and clinics I see at school

NO ONE LIED
MAN YOU GOT SOME SERIOUS ISSUES TO COME IN TO A WESITE AND START
TRIPPIN ON EVERYONE ON YOUR 3RD POST ?/?

GET YOUR FASTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU START TEARING PEOPLE APART

WHAT TRIPS ME OUT IS ONE SENTENCE YOUR TEARING SOMEONE UP
THE NEXT SENTENCE ( YOU ARE MOCKING MY DISABILITIES Now ask him that same question. In all CAPS so he can see it.
I REALLY DID NOT SHARE THAT TO BE MOCKED

AND THEN YOU TALK ABOUT GOD IN THE NEXT SENTENCE ?/?

Well I have not made fun of your anything. You have posted with nromal letters,then you started posting in ALL CAPS. Then you try to lie about your Disabilities to cover up why you're posting in ALL CAPS.
 I do not sugar coat and turn my head at anything I know that's not right. By doing that, anyone would be living a LIE and just as guilty as the one who LIED or have done something that's not right.
 I made a reply to the maker of this thread not to YOU. You replied in ALL CAPS to me, NOT ME TO YOU.
I'm done posting about this issue with you because it is OFF TOPIC.
BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE
GOOD DAY AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE

Offline thomas1168

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 10:04:18 AM »
WELL I APOLOGIZE FOR CAPPING AT YOU  :o

AND I HAVE COPIED A POST FROM MY THREAD PROVING THAT I NEVER LIED ABOUT THE POST

BUT I DONT KNOW YOU SO THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE ANYTHING REGARDING SIGHT

I COULD FAX A DOCTORS NOTE ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 10:38:36 AM »
WELL I APOLOGIZE FOR CAPPING AT YOU  :o

AND I HAVE COPIED A POST FROM MY THREAD PROVING THAT I NEVER LIED ABOUT THE POST

BUT I DONT KNOW YOU SO THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE ANYTHING REGARDING SIGHT

I COULD FAX A DOCTORS NOTE ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

It's all good, it’s the theory that matter most. Silence is the best antidote. One Love.
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up