LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What Do You Do When The Person Leading The Song Sounds HORRIBLE  (Read 5546 times)

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Have you ever been in a service and the person singing the lead to the song  was   so horrible that they were funny?  I mean hysterically funny and everybody is in agreement that they are listening to a horrific performance.  True, it doesn't happen often but when it does
What    do you do?  I've seen some sisters get busy looking in their purse for some unknown item. Then there's the old wonder what's up on the ceiling ploy. I've even seen the shoulders  hunched down, head bowed, finger in the air exit.

I heard this lady and she was so glad to be leading a song she tried to do everything that she had seen anybody else do like "wait a minute, I think I'll sing that again", and "this is my verse here"  she sounded funny and I had to fight hard to keep a straight face.  Well, what do you do?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: What Do You Do When The Person Leading The Song Sounds HORRIBLE
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 12:13:57 AM »
Have you ever been in a service and the person singing the lead to the song  was   so horrible that they were funny?  I mean hysterically funny and everybody is in agreement that they are listening to a horrific performance.  True, it doesn't happen often but when it does
What    do you do?  I've seen some sisters get busy looking in their purse for some unknown item. Then there's the old wonder what's up on the ceiling ploy. I've even seen the shoulders  hunched down, head bowed, finger in the air exit.

I heard this lady and she was so glad to be leading a song she tried to do everything that she had seen anybody else do like "wait a minute, I think I'll sing that again", and "this is my verse here"  she sounded funny and I had to fight hard to keep a straight face.  Well, what do you do?

You continue to fight hard and keep a straight face. Have a little talk with Jesus and ask Him to help her out. Were you playing an instrument, in the choir or just in the congregation?

Read the bulletin; read your Bible; read the stained glass windows; read the hymnal; etc.

;D :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:28:34 AM »
I just look down and try to ignore it. :D
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline keptbyJesus

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:52:08 AM »
To be honest, I do try my hardest to just look down, and not laugh, and as SJ said, read the bulletin, etc.  But then there are other times when I just can't control myself, and just give off this look everybody says I have  :-\ when something don't sound right or I will just look up and smile.   :D
If it had not been for the Lord on my side, where would I be!!!

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:44:28 AM »
She did WHAT ndel?   :D :D

We have a P&W Leader that has this 'issue'.  She'll get up there and sing in her usual key of 'shE Flat (out wrong)' and have the audacity to say 'The enemy don't want me to sang this mawnin' y'all.  He tryna take my voice.'  Now, don't get me wrong, we've all had our bad days...BUT EVERY SUNDAY!!!!?  I do the same thing every time.  I look around for a second, do an about face, walk out the door and hope nobody hears me laughing hysterically.   ;) :D

Offline keptbyJesus

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »
She did WHAT ndel?   :D :D

We have a P&W Leader that has this 'issue'.  She'll get up there and sing in her usual key of 'shE Flat (out wrong)' and have the audacity to say 'The enemy don't want me to sang this mawnin' y'all.  He tryna take my voice.'  Now, don't get me wrong, we've all had our bad days...BUT EVERY SUNDAY!!!!?  I do the same thing every time.  I look around for a second, do an about face, walk out the door and hope nobody hears me laughing hysterically.   ;) :D

You got one of them too?!?!?!? :o ;D  She dosen't lead she just a background vocalist, but man, she will be the frist one to a mic sounding a HOT MESS, and sometimes the sound team will turn her mic down or off when it gets to bad.  :D ;)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »

You got one of them too?!?!?!? :o ;D  She dosen't lead she just a background vocalist, but man, she will be the frist one to a mic sounding a HOT MESS, and sometimes the sound team will turn her mic down or off when it gets to bad.  :D ;)

Now, that should be a clear indication to her or her 'friends'. Someone needs to let her know, seriously.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »
Man, were y'all in that same pastoral anniversary service yesterday too?? My God!  :o
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"

Offline keptbyJesus

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 03:27:28 PM »

Now, that should be a clear indication to her or her 'friends'. Someone needs to let her know, seriously.

The MOM has even taken the time to work with her a few times,  :)  she had told her to record herself and listen, (don't know if she did or not) but there are times when she will be on her note  ;D then all of a sudden  :o ?/? ::) she just flys off of it like a rocket, and you hear this BAD note come out of her mouth  ::) :o  and lets not talk about when she is in the choir (soprano), on the front row and you are in front of her directing.  :o   :D

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 05:58:19 PM »
YES INDEED!!!!! 8)
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 10:19:11 PM »

The MOM has even taken the time to work with her a few times,  :)  she had told her to record herself and listen, (don't know if she did or not) but there are times when she will be on her note  ;D then all of a sudden  :o ?/? ::) she just flys off of it like a rocket, and you hear this BAD note come out of her mouth  ::) :o  and lets not talk about when she is in the choir (soprano), on the front row and you are in front of her directing.  :o   :D

This is all I can do......

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 10:58:22 AM »
You got one of them too?!?!?!?    She dosen't lead she just a background vocalist, but man, she will be the frist one to a mic sounding a HOT MESS, and sometimes the sound team will turn her mic down or off when it gets to bad.    

The MOM has even taken the time to work with her a few times,  :)  she had told her to record herself and listen, (don't know if she did or not) but there are times when she will be on her note  ;D then all of a sudden  :o ?/? ::) she just flys off of it like a rocket, and you hear this BAD note come out of her mouth   ::) :o  and lets not talk about when she is in the choir (soprano), on the front row and you are in front of her directing.  :o   :D

We have a soprano in our section that gets the emboldened (Help me SJon!) treatment above.  It's a sight to behold.   :D :D :D :D
Sometimes our AV crew will turn her mic UP to make sure the elderly saints can hear the *snort* joyful noise [size=4 pt](cacophony)[/size] she makes.

Offline sayyes

• LGM Member
  • Things are gonna work out for sure..

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 02:14:05 AM »
Imma tell the truth i dies right there i dont care who's singin who's in the congergation i bust up and laugh right there....LOUD.....pray for meah.....but thats not just folks soundin a mess thats when nething funny happens in church and plz dont let meah be playin cuz then its really on.....IF YOU SINGING Q#'S AND Zminors THATS WERE ILL PUT YOU....LOL
And I Want You To Say Well Done....

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 08:34:53 AM »
Imma tell the truth i dies right there i dont care who's singin who's in the congergation i bust up and laugh right there....LOUD.....pray for meah.....but thats not just folks soundin a mess thats when nething funny happens in church and plz dont let meah be playin cuz then its really on.....IF YOU SINGING Q#'S AND Zminors THATS WERE ILL PUT YOU....LOL

*Gasping for air*   :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 12:28:54 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »

HAHAHAHHAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »

HAHAHAHHAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Shannon moore

Offline greenttby

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 11:13:36 AM »
Okay, we have two sopranos, one is actually the choir director. They have this semi-opra squeakin mouse voices. I'm good when my sister is not a service, cause I just give a thank you Jesus praise God smile...BUTTT when my sister is there I can't help but to recall all the comments that we have made about these women' voices.

I know, please pray for me.

My husband who rarely speaks bad about anyone...once came in the room and asked why don't the pastor stand up and yanked the microphone cord out of the plug whne he see's "C" get up to sing...

LilWes

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 02:40:20 PM »
Okay, we have two sopranos, one is actually the choir director. They have this semi-opra squeakin mouse voices. I'm good when my sister is not a service, cause I just give a thank you Jesus praise God smile...BUTTT when my sister is there I can't help but to recall all the comments that we have made about these women' voices.

I know, please pray for me.

My husband who rarely speaks bad about anyone...once came in the room and asked why don't the pastor stand up and yanked the microphone cord out of the plug whne he see's "C" get up to sing...
well we got 2 sopranos that sound like ducks so anytime u wanna make a trade hollah

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 09:51:22 PM »
well we got 2 sopranos that sound like ducks so anytime u wanna make a trade hollah

LOL...LOL...LOL
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up