LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OPEN FLOOR: THE TRUTH ABOUT HEAVEN  (Read 266 times)

Offline Exalted

• LGM Member

OPEN FLOOR: THE TRUTH ABOUT HEAVEN
« on: August 26, 2006, 02:41:23 PM »
The thoughts of Heaven and Death have crossed me mind.
Because all these years I've heard preachers saying: when we die we go to Heaven and our course I've read the scripture: "To be absent from the body is the present with the Lord." I've attended a plethora of funerals, and I've always heard the preacher say; that the person is now in Heaven. And you know things like...."I got a mother, waiting for me over there."......"my brother is over there, waiting on me." And now, I've ran into people saying, when we die we don't go to Heaven our spirit stays in the grave.

And most of all the thing that hurts the most is....I've got people in my family, my best friend who was shot and killed at age 17 that has gone on before me. And I know that they made it into Heaven. And I want to see those people again. But I'm told when we get to Heaven we won't remember anything or anybody. But if that is true how will we know God!

I still believe that I will see my friends and love ones again. And nobody can tell me anything different. Cause if that was the case with is it important to make sure that your entire family is saved and in church.

Keep In Touch,
Bro. Delquan Johnson
"Exalted"

Offline mrs.smith

• LGM Member

Re: OPEN FLOOR: THE TRUTH ABOUT HEAVEN
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 10:05:15 PM »
First, may I say.. good use of the word "plethora"!   Now to be serious.  I don't know the answer.  I think only God knows.  Whats important to know is if your loved one was saved, and you are saved, that you will both be in Heaven.  Look, God has it figured out... it's just us in our human minds who want to know all the details.  Truly, no human knows the wonders of Heaven, so how could we know the details?  I will however, give you a song I ran across the other week.  It is so powerful to me.  It's called "I saw the Lord".  The song is wirtten through the eyes of a person who is approaching Heaven.  It was written by Dallas Holm.  The 1st verse has the implied senario of someone who was caught up with the second coming of Christ.  The 2nd verse is written through the eyes of one who was awakened from their"sleep".  The chorus goes;"And I saw the Lord, He was high and lifted up, and rightfully adored, and I saw the Lord... and He saw me.  You will know God is God!  Heaven is built around His presence!  The authors in the Bible, and the people who saw Heaven in visions knew immediatly that they were in Heaven, AND who God was.  Personally, I think He is such a way that it will be impossible to not know Him.  Don't worry about what this person and that person say we humans will know when we get to Heaven.  No one knows more then what the Bible says.  Be Blessed, Exalted!
Pages: [1]   Go Up