LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for the Directors  (Read 1569 times)

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Question for the Directors
« on: August 12, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »
Just curious people (if this been asked..my bad)...I asked a similar question to VT  in the General Lounge but wanted to ask it here instead..

When teaching songs, which section do you feel comfortable teaching first than others? Or does it depends on the song?

For example, I noticed that my sister tend to teach songs sometimes starting from alto cause that what she is and then go from there...but I can get soprano better first and then alto cause when I play, I play with the soprano note on the top.
MERCY EN!!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

Re: Question for the Directors
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:38:10 AM »
Just curious people (if this been asked..my bad)...I asked a similar question to VT  in the General Lounge but wanted to ask it here instead..

When teaching songs, which section do you feel comfortable teaching first than others? Or does it depends on the song?

For example, I noticed that my sister tend to teach songs sometimes starting from alto cause that what she is and then go from there...but I can get soprano better first and then alto cause when I play, I play with the soprano note on the top.

DDW4E, from years of experience I have always started with the Sops cause like you stated they are mostly always singing the melody line which the music is based off of and it is easy to flow from there with the other parts. I hope this helps,  Bishop Cole  
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline NoelII

• LGM Member
    • http://www.kevinsharpe.net

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 07:17:55 PM »
I usually start wirh the hardest or the group that has the hardest time getting it.  If it's pretty straightforward I go top down.
Psalm 33:3 "Sing unto Him a new song, play skillfully with a loud noise."

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »
I'm not a director and teaching parts is rare to never.  But I've been practicing on my own, and I would have to start with soprano.  Alto is my part, though, and I tend to hear that first.

Offline Latoya07

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 09:28:51 PM »
ummm... i usually start the whole song off with everybody.. to see how it is.. and then i break down into sections... but i usually like to start off with the soprano's.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 07:51:26 AM »
The church I grew up in, they didn't teach parts, they just sang together (everyone was singing a solo).  :)
:)

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 10:23:08 AM »
I always usually go in order from highest to lowest. Soprano first, then alto then tenor. I will make exceptions if it's a song where the altos start first or tenors, or the song begins with everyone in unison.
Romans 1:16

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 11:13:10 AM »
The church I grew up in, they didn't teach parts, they just sang together (everyone was singing a solo).  :)

LOL!!!

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:24:03 AM »

Oh wow....is that even Godly¿! :D :D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline keptbyJesus

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »

:o ?/? 8)  WOW, everone sang together?!?!  hmmm   :-X  8)

Well for me it depends on the song, but sometimes I start with the Tenors, but most of the time I start with the Sop's, (since that it the most difficult for me)
If it had not been for the Lord on my side, where would I be!!!

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 10:09:59 AM »

Now thats funny!!! :)

Offline Benjamin1011

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »
I always start with the sopranos first and work my way down.  Altos and tenors who can hear their parts will normally have it by the time I get to them.  The only time this does not work is if another section has the melody. Then I will just have to teach each section one by one but I still always start with the sopranos
"I press toward the mark for the prize..." Phil 3:14

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 07:46:03 PM »
:o     Oh my!  That must have been a sight to behold,  ooops, more like a sound to behear   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up