LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wish to start a University Gospel Choir  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Anjanette

• LGM Member

Wish to start a University Gospel Choir
« on: August 28, 2006, 01:24:44 PM »
Good Afternoon! Upon Reading these lines I hope you find yourself blessed with health and happiness. I attend a university that has no Gospel choir, and I will like to start one. Your advice regarding how I may go about doing this is kindly appreciated. Thank you for your time and may the Lord guide you today and always.

-A

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: Wish to start a University Gospel Choir
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »
Good Afternoon! Upon Reading these lines I hope you find yourself blessed with health and happiness. I attend a university that has no Gospel choir, and I will like to start one. Your advice regarding how I may go about doing this is kindly appreciated. Thank you for your time and may the Lord guide you today and always.

-A

Welcome, Anjanette!! 

That is a good work that you aspire to begin.  Hopefully VTGuy will read your post, he directs the choir at Virginia Tech, and can probably provide a lot of insight and advice for you.

Be blessed.

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 02:55:36 PM »
Start getting the word out by people. Just see who would be interested and if it is enough to form a choir and have musicians, also. If you want practices on campus, I say bring it up the university official that handles organizations...just so you can get it recognized as your schools actual gospel choir. That is what I would think to do, just to get started.
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 03:49:42 AM »
Welcome to the LGM family "Anjanette"......be blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:14:34 AM »
Welcome Anjanette to LGM!!!

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days.  As far as starting a choir on campus, the registering is the easiest part.  You will need to register as a student organization.  Our campus has over 500 organizations from campus ministries to devil worshippers.  In order to be registered, you must do the following:

1) Go to your student services office and request for a form to register the organization.

On this form, it will ask you for the organization name, purpose, and mission statement.  Once you establish your executive board, you will therefore need to get your president, treasurer, and another officer to sign the form.  After this, you must find a faculty member on the campus to serve as the advisor, for they will have to fill out the form as well.  Once you get all this done, you will be registered as an organization on campus (IT'S THAT SIMPLE).  You will have to fill out this paperwork every academic year.

2)  Now you need to establish the choir

This is the part that takes some time. Your E-board will now need to spread the word about the choir and find singers and musicians.  Flyers, emails, etc. are all good forms of communication.  You want your first choir rehearsal to be attractive to the community to have them join. 

3)  Find a place to rehearse

Now that you are a registered organization, you will now be able to rent out rooms on campus.  Go to your student services building and request a room that will be suitable enough to have musicians and singers hold a rehearsal.  Please ask to be put in a secluded room so that you will not disrupt the flow of students studying on campus.  You may even want to look into a church (if there is one in walking distance of the school).

These are the primary steps to getting a choir started.  It is a little work that will need to be input to get it off the ground, but make sure that you have God in the head of all your decisions.  I pray things go well with your establishment of the choir and feel free to ask more questions if needed; that's what we're here for :)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 10:33:53 AM »
Welcome Anjanette to LGM!!!

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days.  As far as starting a choir on campus, the registering is the easiest part.  You will need to register as a student organization.  Our campus has over 500 organizations from campus ministries to devil worshippers.  In order to be registered, you must do the following:

1) Go to your student services office and request for a form to register the organization.

On this form, it will ask you for the organization name, purpose, and mission statement.  Once you establish your executive board, you will therefore need to get your president, treasurer, and another officer to sign the form.  After this, you must find a faculty member on the campus to serve as the advisor, for they will have to fill out the form as well.  Once you get all this done, you will be registered as an organization on campus (IT'S THAT SIMPLE).  You will have to fill out this paperwork every academic year.

2)  Now you need to establish the choir

This is the part that takes some time. Your E-board will now need to spread the word about the choir and find singers and musicians.  Flyers, emails, etc. are all good forms of communication.  You want your first choir rehearsal to be attractive to the community to have them join. 

3)  Find a place to rehearse

Now that you are a registered organization, you will now be able to rent out rooms on campus.  Go to your student services building and request a room that will be suitable enough to have musicians and singers hold a rehearsal.  Please ask to be put in a secluded room so that you will not disrupt the flow of students studying on campus.  You may even want to look into a church (if there is one in walking distance of the school).

These are the primary steps to getting a choir started.  It is a little work that will need to be input to get it off the ground, but make sure that you have God in the head of all your decisions.  I pray things go well with your establishment of the choir and feel free to ask more questions if needed; that's what we're here for :)

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID, HE JUST ELABORATED IT!

You are welcome Vt...LOL.
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 11:22:29 AM »

-A

WELCOME TOOOOOOOOOO LGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Bishop Cole 8)
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"
Pages: [1]   Go Up