LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Forward! Hurricane Katrina-One Year Later  (Read 229 times)

Offline Saxman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • SAXMAN'S MINISTRY

Moving Forward! Hurricane Katrina-One Year Later
« on: August 29, 2006, 05:41:41 AM »
   As Tropical Storm Ernesto looms in the Caribbean, we cannot forget that a year ago this day that one of the most devastating Hurricanes of our generation hit the southern gulf coast region namely the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Alabama Gulf Coast, the Southeast part of Louisiana, and the New Orleans region.  Yes, many lost their lives; many lost their homes; some lost their way of life; and many lost everything.  Yes, many people were displaced and dispatched all across this United States.  Many of you saw the devastation in New Orleans on the T.V. screen and many of you knew persons or had relatives that were affected by this devastation. Would you believe that people are still feeling the affects one year later from this storm?

However, as we look back and reflect, let us only do just that.  Hurricane Katrina is gone, but she is not forgotten.  It is time now to not to wallow in the past.  It is time now to stop saying “what if” and it time now to move forward and to press on.  Yes, we can all learn lessons from this storm; however, one lesson we can learn is that of our lives.  We all can take inventory of our lives.  In fact, we should never take for granted the things that God has given us.  Many have lost everything, but you still have one thing and that is your life.  Many of us take life for granted that we do not even give thanks to the Lord for our lives.  However, you should thank God for your life everyday. 

Therefore, on this anniversary of the landfall of Hurricane Katrina, let us not forget the experiences of those who suffered and let us all have a determination to move forward and not take life or our lives for granted.

Dear Lord, I praise you and give you all the glory for this day.  I thank you for this day that you have given me.  Lord, I ask for your guidance and protection this day.  Help me to do what you have me to do this day.  Lord, I pray for those who are still affected or displaced because of that storm on last year.  I pray that they will get their lives back on track and I pray that you will continue to send help their way.  Lord, I pray for this nation.  Lord, I pray for the leaders of this nation that you will guide them and steer them in their decision making. Lord, I glorify you and give you all the praise that is due your name.  I give you the glory for all that you have done.  In the name of Jesus, I pray and thank you.  Amen.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13,14

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Saxman

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: Moving Forward! Hurricane Katrina-One Year Later
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:59:33 AM »
New Orleans and the Gulf Coast victims are ever on my mind, for obvious reasons----FAMILY!

Amen!

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

Re: Moving Forward! Hurricane Katrina-One Year Later
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 09:42:02 AM »
Amen & Amen\
Pages: [1]   Go Up