LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: You Won't Believe This......................  (Read 4098 times)

TorontosFinest

You Won't Believe This......................
« on: August 31, 2006, 08:21:44 PM »
So, as you all know about a week ago I put up a post called Peavey Cirrus vs. Fender Jazz Deluxe.  Listen to this testimony...........
I got hold of a freind about two months ago who said that he has a Peavey Cirrus that he is willing to sell me.  So of course I tell him I willl buy it from him.  So, just before I am ready to buy it, he tells me, he is selling it to somene else.  As you can imagine, I was very upset bcs I said how can you sell the bass to someone else when you know I was ready to buy it.  So I decide fine I will look elsewhere.  So I begin to do research on the Peavey Cirrus and the Fender Deluxe (thus the post last week). I told my wife about it and she tells me that I don't need another bass as I have 3 already!  So I try the Fender and really like it, and decide that I am gonna go with the Fender.   

So, today is my birthday and I tell my wife that as a present I would like the Fender Jazz bass.  She tells me "no" bcs I don't need it.  I really try to convince her and she insists that I am not getting it.  So, in the morning she gives me my birthday presents and disappears upstairs.  About five minutes later she comes struggling down the stairs with a big guitar case.  I stand there looking confused, thinking what does she have there?  To my surprise,I notice that the case says Peavey!!  At this point, I quickly grap the case out of her hand, place it on the floor and open it.  I got the surprise of my life.  It's a Peavey Cirrus six string bass.  To be exact, it was the bass that my friend was suppose to sell to me.  Can you believe it?  He sold it to my wife!!   She really got me, but the story doesn't stop there.  About an hour later, my wife takes me to the music store and buys the Fender, as well.  So for those of you who don't understand what I'm saying.  Today for my birthday, my wife bought me the Peavey Cirrus and the Fender Jazz.  Like the Bible says,  He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing!!  Can you believe that?  Tell me,   I'm not the luckest man in the world.  Now, I'm going to play both of my new basses.  I just had to share this with all of you.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

Re: You Won't Believe This......................
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »
Happy Birthday!!!
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline gambit23435

• LGM Member
  • http://myspace.com/bassin4god
    • Bassin 4 God

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 08:36:37 PM »
You are so Blessed. Happy birthday.  ;D

Now go "make a joyful niose unto to the Lord".

8)
"A great guitar player is a great guitar player. A great bass player is a great musician"

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 08:36:50 PM »
Now you are truly blessed!! That is a great story!
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline Willie L. Terry Jr

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 08:41:18 PM »
So that's why I'm smiling uncontrollably at my desk because you're wife is the bomb...no doubt that musicians wives are special breed.

Say...You want forward that Ken Smith to my house you can.  I'll send you the address and pay for shipping too

T.J.
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the Lord my rock who teaches my hands to war and my FINGAZ to fight!

Offline jpeeze

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • ACT 2:38

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 08:44:09 PM »
GOD IS..................................... ............................GOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Andrzej

• LGM Member
  • I've got 5 on it!
    • Kings Church

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 08:54:21 PM »
One way or another, God will provide!!!  Halleluiah!!!  I am so pleased for you  ;D ;D ;D.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 08:56:48 PM »
Our wives need to meet....LOL! I little competitive, "who can bless their husband more" competition never hurt anyone...LOL!

Congrats man.. looks like now you don't have to choose.

Offline seesharp77

• LGM Member
    • SeeSharp77

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 10:19:50 PM »
Congrats and Happy b-day!

Sounds like you got what you really wanted:  a wife who understands that you can never have enough basses.
So now that you have both which do you like the most?

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 07:39:24 AM »
Oh man that's just awesome!  You are truely BLESSED with a wonderful wife!!!  Congrats on the excellent gift and Happy Birthday!

God Bless,
-J

TorontosFinest

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 08:02:25 AM »
Congrats and Happy b-day!

Sounds like you got what you really wanted:  a wife who understands that you can never have enough basses.
So now that you have both which do you like the most?

The Fender is great for straight up grooving and slapping.  The strings are very wide so its easy to get my fingers in between them, also I can get a nice variation of tones on it.  The Cirrus is a work of art. Beautiful craftsmanship and a kiiller B string, one of the best B strings I have played (besides the Ken Smith)  The tones are nice, could have had more highs on it though.  I cant say which one I like the most, just that they both do different things. So depending on what I am doing, I will play the one that suites the music and also how I am feeling on that particular day.

Offline enuff

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 09:17:44 AM »
there's nothing better than a good woman. and one that really supports what you do. make sure you do the same for her.  that was a real tear jerker. congrats and happy b-bay

Offline anointed_strings

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 08:59:05 AM »
Congrats.  There is no better feeling than having the support of your family in your ministry.  You are truly blessed along with many other brothers and sisters on this site.  I've seen so many testimonies on here and God gets the glory.  God is blessing us for the desire we have to serve him through our gifts.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 09:39:52 AM »
Happy belated birthday!  You have provided a prime example of what it's like to have a life partner as well as a spouse.  I am equally blessed and we all should be.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline godsbassman2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 11:33:37 AM »
The Fender is great for straight up grooving and slapping.  The strings are very wide so its easy to get my fingers in between them, also I can get a nice variation of tones on it.  The Cirrus is a work of art. Beautiful craftsmanship and a kiiller B string, one of the best B strings I have played (besides the Ken Smith)  The tones are nice, could have had more highs on it though.  I cant say which one I like the most, just that they both do different things. So depending on what I am doing, I will play the one that suites the music and also how I am feeling on that particular day.

Give us an update between the two at a later date.

Peace
"You can't glorify God and yourself at the same time"

Offline phatstrings

• LGM Member
  • ..dreaming about you.
    • Phatstrings

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 04:09:58 AM »
 i'm thinking of making this story into a movie. But most importantly,i'm thinking of getting another wife!

The one with me in the picture hasn't bought me a bass 8)
i shall not die but live!

TorontosFinest

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »
Just an update on my two new basses!  First things first, I changed the Fender Deluxe Jazz to a Marcus Miller Jazz 5 string.  The Fender Deluxe just didnt have what I was looking for so I decided to upgrade to the Marcus Miller one. I find that the Miller is better for me considering how I play. I like to slap a lot do a lot of thumping which makes this particular bass very ideal for me.  I do however wish that there was a mid control on the bass, because there is only bass and treble. However I can compensate for that on my amp.  The instrument itself is very nice and I can get some great tones with it.  I love the Peavey Cirrus, I use this bass mostly as my main bass.  It is so slick and the sound is great. I am in the process if getting a few modifications to it which should make the sound a totally unique and killler sound.  I will keep you posted when it happens and let you know how it sounds.  Stay tuned!!!!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:29:48 PM »
I've said it once, and I'll say it again......

Aint NOTHING like a woman that will buy you gear.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline ladybass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My Bass Grooves

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 08:50:16 AM »
Toronto .... congrats on those new axes!!!! 

Offline ptidwell

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    • http://www.inspiredwordministries.org

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »
Just an update on my two new basses!  First things first, I changed the Fender Deluxe Jazz to a Marcus Miller Jazz 5 string.  The Fender Deluxe just didnt have what I was looking for so I decided to upgrade to the Marcus Miller one. I find that the Miller is better for me considering how I play. I like to slap a lot do a lot of thumping which makes this particular bass very ideal for me.  I do however wish that there was a mid control on the bass, because there is only bass and treble. However I can compensate for that on my amp.  The instrument itself is very nice and I can get some great tones with it.  I love the Peavey Cirrus, I use this bass mostly as my main bass.  It is so slick and the sound is great. I am in the process if getting a few modifications to it which should make the sound a totally unique and killler sound.  I will keep you posted when it happens and let you know how it sounds.  Stay tuned!!!!

TF,
I no long have the MM but I upgraded the electronics with the Nathan East U-Retro pre that will give you the mid control you want and more.
You may ask why I no longer have the Marcus Miller then, mine was the 4 and for the things that I was doing I needed no less than five, plus
going from the MM to a MTD 535 ins't a bad thing. 
Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
http://lophatcabinets.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up