LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Are Good  (Read 4229 times)

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

You Are Good
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:28:10 AM »
Posted this a long time ago in a different thread.  Since we now have this area for bass tabs, I just cut & pasted it here.

(assuming a 5 string bass)
G------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---7-7-7-7-----------5-5-5-5----------7-7-7-7----------5-5-5-5--------------------------------3-3-3-3-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5------------
E--------------7-7-7-7----------5-5-5-5----------7-7-7-7----------5-5-5-5-4-4-4-4-7-7-7-7--------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The change before "You are good, all the time, and all the time, you are good" goes like this......

G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E----------333-5----------------------------------------------333-5-----------------------------
B-----555---------------------555-333-2-------------555----------------555-333-2-------

There's also a lot of stuff going on in the intro that's pretty cool.  When the vocals first come in, Terrance Palmer is just doing some basic stuff with E being played in three octaves with some slides and/or harmonics thrown in.

0 = open string  #S# = slide from this fret to that fret

Lord you are good and your mercy  endureth fore----verrrrrrrrrrr
G----------------------------------------------------------------------------9-----------9-------------------------
D------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------------------5-S-7-----5-s-7--------------------------
E----0-0-------------------------------0-0-----------------------0---------0-----------------------------------

The closer I stick the numbers together, the closer the notes are played.

Hope that helps,

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

Re: You Are Good
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 12:30:09 PM »
Thank you for your time...
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:18:56 PM »
this is a song we play. Ima have to try this the next time it comes up.

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 09:47:58 AM »
I'm working on this today...
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline legalda

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »
Thanks for the post I am knew to playing the bass. This is one of my favorite gospel songs that I wanted to learn to play.

Thanks again

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 02:19:45 PM »
I play it a bit different at church, I am gonna practice this way too, and see how it swings, I am
sure we do the song in a different key though... I am gonna attempt to transpose into the key we do it in.

thanks, again Malthumb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up