LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vacation Bible School Songs  (Read 6727 times)

Offline dlshaun

• LGM Member

Vacation Bible School Songs
« on: May 28, 2003, 11:43:33 AM »
The Superintendent of Sunday School at my church has asked me (the minister of music) to get some songs together for Vacation Bible School next week.   We're going to be singing in the form of a praise team.  I'm looking for songs that will help bring us into the spirit of God.  Can anyone help me.

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

Re: Vacation Bible School Songs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 01:03:23 PM »
Quote from: dlshaun
The Superintendent of Sunday School at my church has asked me (the minister of music) to get some songs together for Vacation Bible School next week.   We're going to be singing in the form of a praise team.  I'm looking for songs that will help bring us into the spirit of God.  Can anyone help me.

For VBS, I don't know about you, but the music that comes with the vbs theme packets don't have a black gospel sound to them. Also, it's a week long event with many kids that will make you get tired quickly, so you want something that they'll get excited about coming and learning. So for those weeks, I'd rather choose pre-recorded songs to teach, here's my suggestions:

For the toddlers:
Choose from Tyscot Gospel Kids Presents series (there are many cds to choose from, my faves are:

* "Worship Songs"
* "Action Praise"
* "Songs of Praise"

they have very simple songs with an upbeat sound, split tracks come on the cds too, so they you can turn the recorded voices down and have them to sing along with the music, and cost about $4-$5.

For the older kids and youth:

* Shout Praises Kids Gospel Vol. 1

* Shout Praies Kids Gospel Vol. 2

Very upbeat and popular black gospel songs, available in split track.

Also:
* Joe Pace presents: Shake The Foundation

* Joe Pace presents: Let There Be Praise

* Bishop Andrew Merrit & The Staight Gate Mass Choir
" Worship In The House"

(all of those cds have upbeat and easy songs, whole cd available in splilt track @ ntimemusic.com , integritymusic.com )

You can buy all of these at your local christian bookstore, like Lifeway and Family Chirstian.

To listen to any of the cds listed, go to:

* Amazon.com
* TowerRecords.com
* BN.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up