LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I GOT A NEW KIT!  (Read 824 times)

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

I GOT A NEW KIT!
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:41:03 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share with everyone that I've bought another drum kit! God is truly AMAZING!!! It's not a top of the line Pearl, DW or Yamaha etc but it's gon' be used for church work so I ain't complaining! Also special mention is that this is my first fusion kit & I was surprised to find that the 14in snare has picollo dimensions. So once I put new heads on that baby I'm sure I can get it to sing! lol...

Why get another kit? Well, I've been stretching my drum kit between 3 churches now so I can take this one around & leave my Pearl kit at home for me!

I'll be looking to get rid of the heads & possibly change the cymbals but I'm unsure as to which one I should do first... Any recommendations would be gladly received...

Here's the link to where I bought it from:
 http://www.musicmania.co.nz/item_single.php?item_id=1538

And if you can imagine the kit below in blue!? Then that's what my kit looks like...

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: I GOT A NEW KIT!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 10:05:15 PM »
Congrats!

I always find myself speaking against folk using their gear in stead of the church.... HOWEVER, I have to admire those whom have the heart to do it and serve God. ONce my church moves into it's bigger facility I will likely lend my gear for a time. HIS will..

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 10:21:04 PM »
Congrats, and Change those heads! ;D

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 06:10:42 AM »
Congrats, and Change those heads! ;D

Thanks man... I was wondering which to do first... cymbals or heads? I know ER would say cymbals but I think I'll just change the heads. ;D

And Sabe... Thanks. I know you've always instructed us not to use our personal gear & I actually agree with your sentiments... I just would also rather get the Lord's work done too... as you have pointed out.

I'm gonna put up some photos of the real thing once I get it setup...

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 07:13:55 AM »
First and Foremost: Congrats! Getting a new kit is an awesome feeling. Use it well.

haha. Indeed I would say cymbals. But changing the heads is a whole lot cheaper. Thats what I would suggest first. I've been slacking, I still have my stocks on my ddrums....  :-[ I know, I know.

I also use all of my gear for church...I know how Sabe feels. But I am glad he understands our Heart as well.

May God Bless You.

In His Service,
ER

JFunky

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 07:25:38 AM »
...congrats.  It's great to see that there are still people here on earth that have a heart to minister and get the job done no matter what it takes.  God is looking at you my brother.  May the Lord bless you abundantly. :)

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 02:02:46 AM »
Thanks guys... I've got the kit here at home now... You can expect photos maybe by Mon/Tues at the latest...

I do believe that this kit was really bought by God. There's no way I could have bought the kit on my own... I plan on using this kit for church related gigs ONLY cause it's God's kit, not mine.

Offline ladydrummer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My worship is FOR REAL!!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:01:37 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS
Glory B 2 GOD!
Pages: [1]   Go Up