LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goal as Musicians / Singers  (Read 3115 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Goal as Musicians / Singers
« on: March 27, 2006, 07:02:43 AM »
What do you think our true goal is as musicians and singers????
:)

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

Re: Goal as Musicians / Singers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »

I would hope its to magnify the Lord through our musicial ability.

150:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:01:22 PM »
Nice lumbebear1 , and thanks. :)

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:30:15 PM »

150:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Yes, indeed!!! This is what it is all about!!!!!!  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »
I need to print that out so I can remind myself daily.

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 01:50:07 AM »

It's all there.

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 12:05:32 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :)

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »

AMEN, AMEN & AMEN

PianoWiz...

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »

You mean gospel musicians and singers right?  Well, it looks like lubebear1 said it all, to give glory, thanks, and praise to God.

If not, then i would say the goal is to be the best you can be by learning all there is to learn about your craft.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Samala

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »
My goal as a musician is to use every bit of anointing and talent that the Lord has blessed me with to first of all give Him all glory, and to minister to His people. I want to get better, but only if it is to the glory of God, not for myself.

Offline laj528

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Preach the word!
    • H.O.P.E. Ministries

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 05:03:12 PM »

It's all there.

and again I say AMEN!
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Heb12:14)

Offline purefragrance

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »
Our goal and focus is to set the atmosphere as the Levites, Priests and musicians. In doing so it is imperative that our personal time of praise and worship is never neglected. As we lead the congregation in prasie and in worship as so instructed in the word by following the order of the tabernacle, our spirit is so sensitive to the Spirit of God that He then will bid us come into His presence. We are to offer in unity and in one accord our prasie and worship leading the congregation to the Holy of Holies. Our job and focus is to establish an atmosphere that on some occasions the minister cannot minster because the Spirit of the Lord has consumed the place. We as Ministers of Music have such an awesome pattern and call that our desire must be to truly worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. Our heart is vital in our call for it is with the heart everything comes into focus. David was a man after God's own heart. He David was a worshipper and Praiser. We cannot worship without praise, although different but each very important. There is so much I can say but I will end by saying as Ministers of Music or musicians in the church we must have a heart for God not viewing each service as a gig but a time to enter into as a body to the very throne room of God.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 03:32:38 PM »
There is so much I can say but I will end by saying as Ministers of Music or musicians in the church we must have a heart for God not viewing each service as a gig but a time to enter into as a body to the very throne room of God.

AMEN TO THAT...... :D   ;D   :D......& welcome to the LGM family "purefragrance"......be blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 05:29:14 PM »
Our goal and focus is to set the atmosphere as the Levites, Priests and musicians. In doing so it is imperative that our personal time of praise and worship is never neglected. As we lead the congregation in prasie and in worship as so instructed in the word by following the order of the tabernacle, our spirit is so sensitive to the Spirit of God that He then will bid us come into His presence. We are to offer in unity and in one accord our prasie and worship leading the congregation to the Holy of Holies. Our job and focus is to establish an atmosphere that on some occasions the minister cannot minster because the Spirit of the Lord has consumed the place. We as Ministers of Music have such an awesome pattern and call that our desire must be to truly worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth. Our heart is vital in our call for it is with the heart everything comes into focus. David was a man after God's own heart. He David was a worshipper and Praiser. We cannot worship without praise, although different but each very important. There is so much I can say but I will end by saying as Ministers of Music or musicians in the church we must have a heart for God not viewing each service as a gig but a time to enter into as a body to the very throne room of God.

Welcome to LGM

Offline peachlyn68

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 03:48:41 PM »
We were all called to minister the gospel, however we're not all called to do it in the same manner.  Our job is the same as the preacher's when it comes to the message, except that we minister through music.  God uses us as vessels to proclaim His word.  The annointing guides us through this process, be it through preaching, singing, playing an instrument, reading/writing poems and letters, giving to the needy etc.  Whatever our calling, when all is said and done, the message should be leading souls to Christ.  We should be lifting up Jesus in all that we do, as He draws all men unto Him.
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 05:07:34 PM »
Welcome, purefragrance.

Offline pianofingers21

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 11:12:42 PM »
My goal as a musician is to use every bit of anointing and talent that the Lord has blessed me with to first of all give Him all glory, and to minister to His people. I want to get better, but only if it is to the glory of God, not for myself.

AMEN!!!

Thats what its all about!!! Praising God #1, and then being USED of him to minister to the needs of his people. Alot of the time as musicians we feel led to sing certain songs, or stop and say something between songs... (maybe not at your church but at ours.. M.O.M has control of the first part of the service)  we don't always know the reasoning behind why we feel led to do certain things, but if we are truly WORSHIPPING God and living our lives to the fullest for him he will lead us to Minister to others through some of the things we do.  And thats what its all about. Being used of God in whatever way we can be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up