LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SALARIES FOR M.O.M'S AND WORSHIP PASTORS  (Read 6590 times)

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

SALARIES FOR M.O.M'S AND WORSHIP PASTORS
« on: September 10, 2006, 11:45:37 PM »
I have still been trying to find out what do yall think is an average salary for these two positions, M.O.M and Worship Pastor? I have been basically told that I was "OVER QUALIFIED" uhmm now go figure that! Let me hear you sound off on this touchy topic!!!   Bishop Cole 8)
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: SALARIES FOR M.O.M'S AND WORSHIP PASTORS
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 06:34:12 AM »
What is a "Worship Pastor"? Do you mean the Pastor?  ?/?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline david johnson

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 07:57:26 AM »
a worship pastor would have responsibilities that may not include, or may go beyond, musical items.
...perhaps a mix of liturgical dance, drama, art, music...i feel the descriptor 'worship arts director' is a bit better for what probably goes on.

no salary will exceed it's congregation's giving ability and/or interest in the position to be funded.

dj

Mim

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 08:51:35 AM »
I have seen the salary range from 30K to 70K, in the same church, depending on who had the position.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 09:04:51 AM »
What is a "Worship Pastor"? Do you mean the Pastor?  ?/?

SJ, the Worship Pastor is the one who is actually over all and everything that has to do with Music Ministry and Dance and they are a ordained preacher in their call of the Gospel. I pray this helps, Bishop Cole

Mim

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 09:15:45 AM »
I have seen the salary range from 30K to 70K, in the same church, depending on who had the position.
This was a full time staff position that covered music ministry and drama and the arts.  His title was Music Minister. He was addressed by the congregation as Pastor so and so.  Hope that helps.

Keys410

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 09:26:44 AM »

I am in tears  :'( :'( :'(....I haven't seen $5...lol...I do it for the Kingdom of God.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 11:02:11 AM »

SJ, the Worship Pastor is the one who is actually over all and everything that has to do with Music Ministry and Dance and they are a ordained preacher in their call of the Gospel. I pray this helps, Bishop Cole

So, are you saying that you have to have someone who is ordained in order to organize the Ministry of Fine Arts (music, dance, drama) ?

Seems to me that you should just get one person to do the job.  It's how it works at my church.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 01:55:09 PM »

So, are you saying that you have to have someone who is ordained in order to organize the Ministry of Fine Arts (music, dance, drama) ?

Seems to me that you should just get one person to do the job.  It's how it works at my church.

No Sj, this is not what I am saying. I was just answering your question as general as I knew how. Most of the Worship Pastors tahat I know nationally, are preachers that are ordained and qualified for this position. This however, does not mean that he or she has to be ordained for this position. I just have never heard or know anyone that is not. I totally agree with you that if the person is qualified for this position, hire them, regardless of ordained or not, because it does not take away from their anointing or knowledge in their craft.  Bishop Cole

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 02:52:22 PM »

No Sj, this is not what I am saying. I was just answering your question as general as I knew how. Most of the Worship Pastors tahat I know nationally, are preachers that are ordained and qualified for this position. This however, does not mean that he or she has to be ordained for this position. I just have never heard or know anyone that is not. I totally agree with you that if the person is qualified for this position, hire them, regardless of ordained or not, because it does not take away from their anointing or knowledge in their craft.  Bishop Cole

Oh, ok. I'm going back into the kitchen. I think I have to re-fire up the grill.  :D

Offline peachlyn68

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »

I am in tears  :'( :'( :'(....I haven't seen $5...lol...I do it for the Kingdom of God.

That's what I thought as well, I didn't even know you were supposed to get paid.  Think I'll call a meeting.
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Offline peachlyn68

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »

Oh, ok. I'm going back into the kitchen. I think I have to re-fire up the grill.  :D

You got me screaming.  I bet you are a marvelous cook.
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Offline musicman205

• LGM Member
  • The Minister, Psalmist, and Musician

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 02:05:27 PM »
I have still been trying to find out what do yall think is an average salary for these two positions, M.O.M and Worship Pastor? I have been basically told that I was "OVER QUALIFIED" uhmm now go figure that! Let me hear you sound off on this touchy topic!!!   Bishop Cole 8)

Well in my opinion, everything depends on church size and the quality plus experience of the person. I know of a person who is ordained and the minister of music at a 5000 member church here in Alabama. He was offered $50 thousand a year.
To God be the Glory!!!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 07:55:26 PM »
Well in my opinion, everything depends on church size and the quality plus experience of the person. I know of a person who is ordained and the minister of music at a 5000 member church here in Alabama. He was offered $50 thousand a year.

5000 members and all they offered was 50 thousand dollars a year? something is wrong with that picture!! ?/? ?/? ?/?

Bishop Cole

Offline musicman205

• LGM Member
  • The Minister, Psalmist, and Musician

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:42 AM »
Yes $50 thousand but i guess its because they have 7 other musicians that they have to pay as well. :-\ :'( ?/? But he has another career as well so i guess it averages out to about $100 thousand  ?/?
To God be the Glory!!!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 12:31:03 AM »
Yes $50 thousand but i guess its because they have 7 other musicians that they have to pay as well. :-\ :'( ?/? But he has another career as well so i guess it averages out to about $100 thousand  ?/?

Well he is a good one cause if it was me with 5000 members, still, I would be FULL TIME!!   Bishop Cole

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 12:58:14 AM »
Keys 410 the kingdom is not of this world..
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 05:39:01 AM »

Wow, so he has two full-time jobs!!!  whew, thats a lot of work. I'm trying to limit my responsibilities now and I so music part-time.

CreoleChica

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 09:23:45 PM »

5000 members and all they offered was 50 thousand dollars a year? something is wrong with that picture!! ?/? ?/? ?/?

Bishop Cole

Yeah, it is not uncommon for a MOM to be paid a lower six figure salary at larger church.  There is a lot of work that goes into that position, and they deserve every penny.

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 09:34:59 PM »
Yeah, it is not uncommon for a MOM to be paid a lower six figure salary at larger church.  There is a lot of work that goes into that position, and they deserve every penny.

The money isnt what they should "only" be doing it for. i wonder if some of them stop getting paid what would happen?
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up