LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SALARIES FOR M.O.M'S AND WORSHIP PASTORS  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Bweezle

• LGM Member

Re: SALARIES FOR M.O.M'S AND WORSHIP PASTORS
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 05:54:19 AM »
I know a cat in FL who gets paid $60K w/ benefits and paid vacation. He does lesson at the church and gets money off that as well as help produce. It take a special person to be a true M.O.M. and I too believe they desever every penny of it. bishop cole you may be over qualified at the church you want to go to so maybe keep praying about. I went to a church once that they didn't need a musician and for that season God just had me there still being active in other gifts but observing and being poured into. At first i thought I was going to die but in the end it was best. The musician was being driven crazy became depressed and would make up ever excuse not to learn a song, play at song he didn't want them to sing on sunday morning, and it goes on so. I think God was showing me how not to be and then I was thankful because I would have had to work with him and we definitely would have clashed.
I don't get paid for the playing but it doesn' really bother me because I am still learning for one, I am doing it for the Kingdom, and God is still supplying all my needs so I have no need to trip.

Offline inhope

• LGM Member
    • http://www.hotgospel.co.uk

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 07:58:26 AM »
I run a community Gospel choir.
 I am always busy organising performances, song choice, working out parts, admin the list goes on so much work I think if you can get paid  it should be a good figure, as yes, there is a huge amount of work involved. I dont get paid but eventually I would hope to receive a salary so I can cut back on my work and devote more time to the ministry.
God Bless

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 02:29:02 PM »
I run a community Gospel choir.
 I am always busy organising performances, song choice, working out parts, admin the list goes on so much work I think if you can get paid  it should be a good figure, as yes, there is a huge amount of work involved. I dont get paid but eventually I would hope to receive a salary so I can cut back on my work and devote more time to the ministry.
God Bless

I think this should be everyone's motive for getting a salary.

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 08:34:32 AM »
I have still been trying to find out what do yall think is an average salary for these two positions, M.O.M and Worship Pastor? I have been basically told that I was "OVER QUALIFIED" uhmm now go figure that! Let me hear you sound off on this touchy topic!!!   Bishop Cole 8)

The best way to find out this information is to go to websites like www.ministryjobs.com or www.ministrycareers.com etc...

Find out what size churches in what states and areas are paying. You can even see what job responsibilities they have on there for you to negotiate with your church about.

Let's not front in here, (Let GOD be true and every man a liar Romans 3:4) A LOT OF CHURCHES WANT MEGA-MINISTRY MUSIC MINISTRIES BUT DON'T WANT TO PAY MEGA MONEY FOR IT!

They think that since they are tax exempt, that means they are exempt from giving a yearly raise (at least keep up with inflation) because we're GIVING OUR GIFT TO THE LORD... right??? ;)

I'm not going to get on my soap box about that (not right now maybe later)

I hope that helped you as far as salaries are concerned...

MrSparrow

Offline musicman205

• LGM Member
  • The Minister, Psalmist, and Musician

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 11:28:31 PM »
Thats true, a lot of churches do want a MEGA-MUSIC DEPARTMENT WITHOUT MEGA-MONEY. The pay isn't everything but a good compensation for time and talent is necessary. Churches continue to "burn-out" musicians without considering their financial needs.
To God be the Glory!!!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 09:48:25 AM »
The best way to find out this information is to go to websites like www.ministryjobs.com or www.ministrycareers.com etc...

Find out what size churches in what states and areas are paying. You can even see what job responsibilities they have on there for you to negotiate with your church about.

Let's not front in here, (Let GOD be true and every man a liar Romans 3:4) A LOT OF CHURCHES WANT MEGA-MINISTRY MUSIC MINISTRIES BUT DON'T WANT TO PAY MEGA MONEY FOR IT!

They think that since they are tax exempt, that means they are exempt from giving a yearly raise (at least keep up with inflation) because we're GIVING OUR GIFT TO THE LORD... right??? ;)

I'm not going to get on my soap box about that (not right now maybe later)

I hope that helped you as far as salaries are concerned...

MrSparrow

Very, very, true!!!   Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline Annionted_1

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 08:11:02 AM »
I'M 17 AND I'M ONE OF THE M.O.M. AT MY CHURCH AND I HAVEN'T BEEN PAID BUT 1 TIME A MONTH AND ITS NOT MUCH SINCE I WENT FULL TIME (EVERY SUNDAY!) SINCE THE LATTER PART OF OCTOBER! SO I THINK ITS ALL ABOUT THE KINGDOM! SOME PEOPLE ARE IN THIS THING FOR MONEY, AND THATS NOT ME! SO ITS ALL IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!
Jesus Is Lord!!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »
I'M 17 AND I'M ONE OF THE M.O.M. AT MY CHURCH AND I HAVEN'T BEEN PAID BUT 1 TIME A MONTH AND ITS NOT MUCH SINCE I WENT FULL TIME (EVERY SUNDAY!) SINCE THE LATTER PART OF OCTOBER! SO I THINK ITS ALL ABOUT THE KINGDOM! SOME PEOPLE ARE IN THIS THING FOR MONEY, AND THATS NOT ME! SO ITS ALL IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!

Welcome to LGM.   Bishop Cole

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
I understand where you're coming from Annointed 1 but some people think Money is the root of all evil ( actually the WORD says the LOVE of money is the root of all evil) and if we pay the musician/MoM money then that'll be the main reason they play for us... so we won't even tempt the person and we will pay him pennies on the dollar to keep them humble and depending on God...

Yeah right...

Y'ALL JUST CHEAP!

MrSparrow

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
We have 300 members.Our Pastor makes.65,000 a year :o  :o

Offline Agape

• LGM Member
  • Outside The Box!
    • Agape Music Productions

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 04:04:38 PM »

Note that when we say Full Time, we mean 40+ hours a week. Not 3-5 hours a week(Church and rehersal night).

I myself, I currently have a full time job. But I've expressed to my pastor that I want to do this full time. I want to wake up and go straight to my studio, learn new songs. I want to live Praise and Worship! with that said, I think we should get paid for what we do. The real test is if you'll do it without the  money. If your heart is pure and you are deligent with the gift of music that God gave you, then He'll bless you with a salary. Trust me, if its in the will of God for you to have a salary, then you'll have one, and it will suite your lifestyle......Regardless the size of the church.

I dont get paid with money as of right now. God pays me with the congregation lifting their hands and get into His presence. Thats the ultimate pay check for me! Its all in your heart!

Be Blessed!
Open-mindedness is the way to go!

Offline michael_r_07201

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 10:39:36 AM »
churches in th new jersey area wants musicians to be full time meaning they expect the musician to be there every time the door opens so yes musicians should get a nice suitable salery not something that will break the bank, but something they can live and take care their families.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 05:59:28 PM »
churches in th new jersey area wants musicians to be full time meaning they expect the musician to be there every time the door opens so yes musicians should get a nice suitable salery not something that will break the bank, but something they can live and take care their families.

Welcome to Lgm My Brother!!!  Bishop Cole

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 06:56:30 PM »
I have still been trying to find out what do yall think is an average salary for these two positions, M.O.M and Worship Pastor? I have been basically told that I was "OVER QUALIFIED" uhmm now go figure that! Let me hear you sound off on this touchy topic!!!   Bishop Cole 8)

Okay, this topic has been revived and I'm just reading it for the first time.

I laughed when I read this. OVER QUALIFIED. How in the world can you been over qualified for Kingdom business unless you are GOD!!!! Even the SHEPHERD (Pastor) of mega churches (Like TD Jakes) aren't over qualified for service. And you are a Music Leader!! Dang, sounds like someone thinks to highly of you then he ought to. I'd would have been running from that church!! LOL!  :D :D

Still laughing....Man even Jesus wasn't over qualified for the Kingdom and He washed dirty, stinky feet!!!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 10:34:34 PM »
Okay, this topic has been revived and I'm just reading it for the first time.

I laughed when I read this. OVER QUALIFIED. How in the world can you been over qualified for Kingdom business unless you are GOD!!!! Even the SHEPHERD (Pastor) of mega churches (Like TD Jakes) aren't over qualified for service. And you are a Music Leader!! Dang, sounds like someone thinks to highly of you then he ought to. I'd would have been running from that church!! LOL!  :D :D

Still laughing....Man even Jesus wasn't over qualified for the Kingdom and He washed dirty, stinky feet!!!

Sister T, I laughed when they said this to me... I laughed hard!! :D :D  Bishop Cole

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 05:57:43 PM »
Welcome to the LGM family "michael_r_07201".....Stay Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »
Welcome To LGM,  michael_r_07201
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline Formuzik

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »
First of all, in the circles with whom I work, I'm called a worship pastor because I am given the responsibility of shepherding the musicians, singers, media, and arts people in our church. I teach Bible studies and counsel people under the umbrella of the church. 

As far as pay goes,  I think a church of 5000 can pay $50K each year and be okay with that as long as the other pastoral leaders are being paid the same and that the other monies are going to what God called all of us to which is evangelism.  I think that many of the music guys focus on the paycheck and often want material wealth over the advancement of the Kingdom.  Even in the OT the Levites were given pay according to their need, not just their fleshly wants and material coveteousness.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »
It's funny you mention that.  A friend called me to see if I could play keys at an R&B show because their musician got a call from his church and he had to GO!  I couldn't stop laughing.  He did wind up getting fired from the church because he was out making money playing secular music and missing various church engagements.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 04:50:04 PM »
The most recent figures that I found show a U.S. average range from $40k to $63k for a full-time minister of music.
That's what my title is and I'm definitely on the low end of that range and my job duties include a LOT of non-music related responsibilities including taking care of all computers, all phones, all IT, all fax and printer care, all audio/video systems in the facility, all sermon CD duplication including art/print design for sermon series sets, some hospital visits, and other assorted things that need to be done 'cause we're a small staff trying to take care of a large church.

For years I served in music ministry, both as a player and as a leader, and got anywhere from no compensation to a little compensation to a fair part-time comp and now what I earn today for working full-time.
IMHO a church should rightly compensate those whom invest a good portion of their lives into the ministries of said church as their budget allows and be realistic about what it expects in return for those who can't serve full-time.
Music theory is not always music reality.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up