LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High School Gospel Choir ----Uniform Idea?  (Read 5714 times)

Offline rut

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

High School Gospel Choir ----Uniform Idea?
« on: May 23, 2008, 10:23:14 PM »
Do any lgm members have any awesome gospel choir uniforms ideas for my school choir. Im looking for a different type of look besides the tye tribbet and our old uniform was green polo shirt with black pants. But next school year i want something reasonable in there budget ($30.00-40.00 per person). If you know any catalogs that i can order for free or any information please let me know.
"vision to victory"

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

Re: High School Gospel Choir ----Uniform Idea?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:44:59 AM »
Well if you want to go with something simple...

Try Black Polo shirts with black or white bottoms then make it pop with white accessories.

I know when I was singing a duet with my friend back in the high school days, we wore popped collar blk polos with white knee pants and blk/white converse, then we made it classy with white pearl necklaces and earings and our hair up in white bows, It was really nice

Or the gospel group I am in now did Chrisitan novelty tees...it looked awesome seeing all the different tees and most of us got them from walmart.

Or just visit a few stores and you might pick up some ideas.
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline Revp98

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »
I think polo shirts are a great idea. Or you you could do something else, if you want something a little more formal.

You could do all black- young ladies in black blouses and black skirts            Young men black long sleeve shirts and black slacks

There is red/black  black/white   red/white  red/black

basically anything in combination with black or anything with a few exceptions combination of white. And none of these items cost an arm and a leg. I have a catalog you could get, but I think unless you are going to get some other financial support, what I stated before will suit your needs better with the proposed budget you have. Be blessed my friend.

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:23:07 AM »
I agree with white tops/black bottoms....or black bottoms/light colored tops....ie, pink, yellow, white, sky blue...etc.  It should be something most teens already have or is easy to attain.

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:18:54 AM »
What I've seen before at St Pauls Baptist in Richmond, VA - this choir whore jeans but the tops were different color pastels; light blue, mint green, yellow, pink, lavender, sherbert orange. It was a huge choir and looked nice altogehter.

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 11:46:34 AM »
Yeah the pastels are in, along with brights. I know our choirs wears different shades of colors by sections...
so sopranos had on pinks, altos had on yellow, and tenors had on blue.

I know in my group we've worn the colors that are in...so we've done blue and brown...brown and pink...etc.
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline vocalist182002

• LGM Member
  • "Don't complain about what you tolerate"
    • GOSPEL GURL

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 06:54:15 PM »
Hmm, I'd ahve to say,

Boys -  Black pants with black dress shirts with a white tie and wite shoes
Girls  -  Black skirts with a white dress shirt and big white belts with red shoes and red accesories.

A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

-- Charles Gordy

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 02:40:39 AM »
Do any lgm members have any awesome gospel choir uniforms ideas for my school choir. Im looking for a different type of look besides the tye tribbet and our old uniform was green polo shirt with black pants. But next school year i want something reasonable in there budget ($30.00-40.00 per person). If you know any catalogs that i can order for free or any information please let me know.

Hmmm, well...im not really sure BUT, just stay away from the Hammer Pants. 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up