LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choir Anniversary  (Read 4792 times)

Offline mrspanish

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Choir Anniversary
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:14:24 PM »
Greetings everyone in the name of Jesus,

One of the choirs that I play for is wanting to have a choir anniversary in Sepetember. We are getting ready to start preparing for it. I am the type of person who does not like waiting until the last minute to do something; therefore, I am asking ahead of time for any suggestions  from the LGM family as to how to help plan for this celebration. I have played for anniversaries before, but I have never had to so to speak "plan one".  I have a few general questions: :-\ Should I choose the songs that Im comfortable playing or should I allow them to select them? How many songs should we sing? Do we need a theme? How many choirs should we invite to help celebrate? and if you can think of anyother important things, feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bless God!

giftedone88

Re: Choir Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »

Greetings everyone in the name of Jesus,

One of the choirs that I play for is wanting to have a choir anniversary in Sepetember. We are getting ready to start preparing for it. I am the type of person who does not like waiting until the last minute to do something; therefore, I am asking ahead of time for any suggestions  from the LGM family as to how to help plan for this celebration. I have played for anniversaries before, but I have never had to so to speak "plan one".  I have a few general questions: :-\ Should I choose the songs that Im comfortable playing or should I allow them to select them? How many songs should we sing? Do we need a theme? How many choirs should we invite to help celebrate? and if you can think of anyother important things, feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bless God!

Should you choose the songs? I think you should be open to suggestions, however you should make the final decision as to what you all will sing, but as always even with the final songs selected make sure that you are capable of learning those songs. 

How many songs? I think for a choir Anniversary 5 songs should be the max, b/c u don't want to lose the attention of the congregation especially if you have other groups on program

A theme? I don't really think so...this is me personally b/c i never see the point of themes at choir anniversaries, b/c they are usually a name of a song ;D lol

How many choirs to invite? I don't know b/c we don't even do choir anniversaries after church...it's usually at Regular service when they honor the anniversary, therefore it's just a insert in regular service on that Sunday.....on the other hand it's a decision of the MOM, but from past experiences i'd say 10 choirs is enough....don't make it a drawn out service with a snack bar and 15 minute intercession...lol ;D

Offline mrspanish

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Choir Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:40:08 AM »
Hello giftedone88,

Thanks man for your concern to offer suggestions about the  upcoming -choir anniversary.  ;D

May GOd continue to bless and elevate you in your music ministry.

Peace doc!
Pages: [1]   Go Up