LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help in key of E flat  (Read 1922 times)

Godsbassman

Re: Help in key of E flat
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 11:32:49 PM »
Most of the praise and worship songs why church sings is in the key of E flat. Now I know people will tell me to go with the major scale, and minor and this and that. But that all sounds chinese to me. I need a real break down. Than some others will say I'm trying to apply theory. But whatever I'm trying to do pls help me do it somebody.

P.S the way my mind works, if someone tells me to use a major scale I would hit these different notes(Eb,F, G, Ab,Bb,C,D,D#) but how would I play this scale while a song is playing. And can someone break down the other scales that most gospel songs use. I dont need to know wat they are I need a break down of what they are(as far as what notes are played in those scaes, keep in mind E flat)
This is a Blessing you can grow and try things,also remember this. A bass player can not hit the wrong note if you do just use Chromatics. That's another way to use Chromatic when you're lost and fillers not just to run scales with ;)

Offline cogicguy

• LGM Member

Re: Help in key of E flat
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 11:46:06 PM »
So with major and minor scales, plus using chromatics...a persion should be ok in a certain key
No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up