LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singing software that helps you nail those pitches  (Read 1447 times)

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Players Govern Players Spectators Form Opinions

Singing software that helps you nail those pitches
« on: September 16, 2006, 08:09:29 PM »
Hey all I just bought a vo cal coach software for singing
It may have been a little pricey and it is a little hokey but the concpt is pretty tight

it has you sing songs and it monitors your pitch like on a EKg machine you see your vocal waves and the target pitches you are supposed to be hitting it grades you and your pitch is too be more accurate as you go from beginner to advanced

They offer some warm-ups but aside from that not much else in the way of real vocal coaching  the 20 lessons offer some basic scale theory and a good technique for learning new songs and some standard daily vocal warmups and it tests you on three easy songs like america the beautiful and this old man

I think combined with a good book or better yet a good teacher this is an excellent tool for learning your instrument

I started yesterday and went through about 14 lessons if nothing else my confidence is building

i never thought about the fact that there is a beginner and intermediate and advanced level to singing most people either act as if you can sing or you cant sing like there is nothing you can do if you have no control over your breath or your pitiches  this program is excellent in that it helps people to sing in their range  because it first assesses your range and all the songs are given in your comfortable range. you have the option to transpose if you choose and if you want you can put in your own melody to practice songs you may need to sing for church only drawback is you can only put in the melody you cant put in chords

but the songs that you have on the software and the 4,000 or so songs you can download have musical accompaniement kind of karaoke like

i like this i believe with a little practice i will develop some vocal chops

To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: all informercials arent all bad
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 08:34:02 PM »
Hey all I just bought a vo al coach software for singing
It may have been a little pricey and it is a little hokey but the concpt is pretty tight

it has you sing songs and it monitors your pitch like on a EKg machine you see your vocal waves and the target pitches you are supposed to be hitting it grades you and your pitch is too be more accurate as you go from beginner to advanced

They offer some warm-ups but aside from that not much else in the way of real vocal coaching  the 20 lessons offer some basic scale theory and a good technique for learning new songs

I think combined with a good book or better yet a good teacher this is an excellent tool for learning your instrument

I started yesterday and went through about 14 lessons if nothing else my confidence is building

i never thought about the fact that there is a beginner and intermediate and advanced level to singing most people either act as if you can sing or you cant sing like there is nothing you can do if you have no control over your breath or your pitiches  this program is excellent in that it helps people to sing in their range  because it first assesses your range and all the songs are given in your comfortable range. you have the option to transpose if you choose and if you want you can put in your own melody to practice songs you may need to sing for church only drawback is you can only put in the melody you cant put in chords

but the songs that you have on the software and the 4,000 or so songs you can download have musical accompaniement kind of karaoke like
i like this i believe with a little practice i will develop some vocal chops

Looka here, don't nobody care about all of that!!!!!!    >:( >:( >:(

Now, WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE DARN THANG, AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?!?!?!?!?   ?/? ?/? ;D :D ;D

Next, give folks the real info, then give us your critique!!  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 04:55:33 PM »
 ?/?

the name of the software is called "singing coach"
 put out by carry-a-tune

i paid 9.99 t try it for a week then i pay 30 per month for three months so that is about 100.00

which is pretty steep
but i think it is worth it if its going to help me sing

To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »
?/?

the name of the software is called "singing coach"
 put out by carry-a-tune

i paid 9.99 t try it for a week then i pay 30 per month for three months so that is about 100.00

which is pretty steep
but i think it is worth it if its going to help me sing

So, by your description it is an online course?  ?/?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »
Interesting, I didn't know there was anything out there like that.

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 06:01:32 AM »

So, by your description it is an online course?  ?/?
No sir it is a completeley free standing piece of software the only time you go online is when you want to down load a new song to work on the first `12 songs are free so you press a button on the softaware called online store it takes you directly to the song site you pick your songs you want to do

i picked fallin
new york new york by sinatra
on bended knee
ribbon in the sky
and some others

I really see a diference already and my friends do also.

the 20 singing lessons are on the software and the 20 or so songs that the software  comes with alrresdy are on the software.

the additional songs are on the internet

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 07:23:57 AM »
No sir it is a completeley free standing piece of software the only time you go online is when you want to down load a new song to work on the first `12 songs are free so you press a button on the softaware called online store it takes you directly to the song site you pick your songs you want to do

i picked fallin
new york new york by sinatra
on bended knee
ribbon in the sky
and some others

I really see a diference already and my friends do also.

the 20 singing lessons are on the software and the 20 or so songs that the software  comes with alrresdy are on the software.

the additional songs are on the internet

Sounds interesting. As for the $20, you'd pay more than for private lessons. Sounds like a good price.

Offline Jazz392

• LGM Member

Re: Singing software that helps you nail those pitches
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 11:52:41 AM »
You can also find this in COMP-USA stores in the New York area.  They have 2 verisions, the basic one I belive is $99 and the deluxe one is about $129.00.  I think the difference between the two is additional song downloads and some other features.   I have not purchased this as I did not know if it was worth the money.  I do know I can use all the vocal help I can get!!.
Pages: [1]   Go Up