LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nervous...  (Read 5904 times)

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

Re: Nervous...
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 04:16:35 PM »
This is why ya'll are my buddies...

It's a surprise for my pastor, but we wrote a song and it is awesome. But shhhh, thats a secret. Cause he don't know that they are putting me a mic over there on the kit, and I am gonna sang. The more I talk about it the more excited I get. LOL!!!
OK...I have had enough...When and Where is this happening??? I must be there!! It's sounds like it's going to be crazy!! :D ;D

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 04:46:26 PM »
OK...I have had enough...When and Where is this happening??? I must be there!! It's sounds like it's going to be crazy!! :D ;D

Cute kid man how old?
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

MaestroDivine

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 04:46:44 PM »
For real, B_Xalted!

I'm actually going to be up that way during the revival. I'll probably drop in with Cherri ... and we can get some dinner, afterward, if you'd like to...

I'd love to have you two ladies out to dinner. Get you a nice water sandwich...   ;D

Anyway...

Holla.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »
Cute kid man how old?
She was 6 months in that picture...she is 1 1/2 yrs old now...I know..I know..I should have an updated picture. Sorry, it's the only one in my computer at work...  :-[

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 11:43:23 PM »
Congrats B_X! You got it girl. Do your thang, but most importantly... do God's thang!

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 10:11:04 AM »
congrats sister
i know i am late but congrats
and u already got a ton of awsome wisdom, so i will just stick with congrats and you are my hero!
 ;D
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 12:26:29 PM »
Don't worry about that. You're the deal B, just go in their and do what you do.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 07:34:50 PM »
You'll do fine,  I remember earlier this year when my Church went to Bishop Victor Currys Church in Miami Florida, it wasnt 9000, more like 5,000 folks, it was great b/c I just played what I knew, nothing fancy, I think drummers mess up by trying to overdue things, rather than just making the music feel good

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 11:44:54 AM »
Good luck@ B-Exalted!!  Personally, I love seeing females drum...mainly cuz I don't see it that ofter...most of the time it's on TV.  Be sure to let us know how it goes.  Will someone be taping it?  If so, would it be possible for you to post it?

edough

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 11:59:06 AM »

I was dealing with trying to be perfect all the time and it was weighing me down and I would get very nervous before playin and my congregation has like 1000 members.  But God whispered so gently " When you pray and stumble in your words, does it make your prayer null and void? So when you worship ME on the drums and make a mistake it does not null in void your worship! I try to not worry about the things of the world and the opinion of man.  But also, The Lord wants us to play with excellence and Worship HIM in spirit and Truth!! The key is the perspective.  LORD STAMP ETERNITY ON OUR EYES!!! LET US SEE EVERYTHING WITH ETERNITY IN MIND!! that is my prayer for all of us.

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 01:15:39 PM »
Sometimes I think being a female drummer is added pressure.  The drums is such a "male dominated" instrument...I would feel like in addition to representing Christ...I would also have to rep the sisters. 

LilWes

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2006, 08:22:49 PM »
Thanks!!!! I am getting better with it... Trust me sabe, I am the last person to be illin' over somethin like this. But so many people are like, 'what choo gone do in front of all dem people' and the more I hear it, the more I got nervouse... But its gonna be recorder, so whether I am nervous or not, if I suck, the better part of Hampton Roads will hear it and see it. Thats my motivation to do my thug thizzle. Besides if I mess up, I can fake like im gettin happy, knock ober the set and run out... LOL!
My organist do that all the time and i be crackin up  ;D

B_XALTED

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 08:39:18 AM »
Sometimes I think being a female drummer is added pressure.  The drums is such a "male dominated" instrument...I would feel like in addition to representing Christ...I would also have to rep the sisters. 

Its added pressure if you let it be. I am no different than the guys, except for the fact that I am attracted to men, and physical things... (I am a cutie pie, I dont look like a dude at all... ) But after a church event when another church come to visit, or we visit another church, I be the first one to be like 'lets go to my house and see if we can catch a game' or 'Lets go shoot some pool man'...

Eventhough I am just like one of the guys, most drummers [male] don't see that side of me cause they make the serious and close to fatal mistake that I am just this little naive girl who dont know how to hold my sticks and probably cant hold up the tune to Blessed Assurance... I just laugh. When I come out, like I have said before, I am suited down! hair be on point, 3 and a half inch heels, and smellin like DKNY be Delicious perfume, with make up and a pretty smile. They always assume that I am the director, at one time, they thought I was the pastors wife LOL!!! But when I get on the kit I sound like a man... ROTFLOL!!! and I dont let up until God tells me to.  I am self taught and very disciplined. I am obedient and submissive, and that makes me a better musician right there.Then they wanna be all up in my face after church... 'Dang Ms Lady you smellin good, what you know about playin the drums like that??? Your man is a lucky somebody' I laugh my head off...

But to all the women drummers, don't let that be an added pressure to you. We are playing for God first of all... That should be enough for anyone male or female to get their praise on and worship our Lord.

For those coming up, let me know whats gooooooodddd... We dont have to go out to dinner, I will be more than happy to cook some greens, potato salad, a roast, some mac and cheese and whatever and we can chill at my crib, and maybe catch a game on the 55"... LOL!!!

Well thats it for now, thanks for the wonderful comments, and encouragement.

B_XALTED

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »
It's a skill that not may people have.  To be able to play and sing at the same time. 

And if they DO play and sing at the same time, their playing suffers.

The best at it in the Gospel arena?  Smokie Norful, followed CLOSELY by Twinkie Clark.  Is it slow or uptempo?

The song starts out slow then progresses into a faster song...  would say it goes from Andante to Allegro... I have it set on my metronome... Thanks Sabe... Anyway yeah, atfirst the song had no words, but we added words. Its called Praise His Name. I have practiced this song religiously for six days straight. I got it now...  We all have a solo. But this song at the very end breaks into a shout. If nothing else in the ervice is recorded, that will be, cause my mom is gonna tape it. And no I am not posting it on LGM. I am proud of my gift and how it has flourished, but I run the risk of getting my profile deleted cause one negative comment, and I will put my foot through the monitor, and it WILL come out the other side... LOL....

rjthakid

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 08:53:38 AM »
... (I am a cutie pie, I dont look like a dude at all... )

Agreed.

B_XALTED

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 08:56:37 AM »

blaquegenius

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2006, 09:07:37 AM »
I'm speechless right about  now...LOL

B_XALTED

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2006, 09:10:42 AM »
I'm speechless right about  now...LOL

Dont let me scare you... LOL... I flirt with EVERYONE here in the room. LOL!!! Its all in fun. And I  think some of the guys are nice to me cause the are afraid of me. LOL!

blaquegenius

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »
Dont let me scare you... LOL... I flirt with EVERYONE here in the room. LOL!!! Its all in fun. And I  think some of the guys are nice to me cause the are afraid of me. LOL!

Afraid??... never that...LOL...Just diggin your confidence..I love that in woman...

B_XALTED

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2006, 09:33:59 AM »
Afraid??... never that...LOL...Just diggin your confidence..I love that in woman...

Thank you. Confidence is attractive in male/ female. I love confident men. Makes me light headed...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up