LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VIDEO LESSONS More for beginners  (Read 1882 times)

Offline the7thseale

• LGM Member

VIDEO LESSONS More for beginners
« on: September 29, 2006, 01:08:05 AM »
  the next one is

and the last one is some keys ting i did when i was bored

rjthakid

Re: VIDEO LESSONS More for beginners
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:34:46 AM »
Nice man.   :)

edough

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:41:08 AM »
sounds good...

what kind of elect kit do you have?

Where you at, somewhere in a brooklyn basement? HAHAH

Offline the7thseale

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 10:09:14 AM »
LOL nah im from Canada LOL That kit is a TD-3 Roland, I HATE the way e-kits sound lol. I had to trade in my acoustic fusion kit when my Daughter was born though cause i live in the basement lol. I could have sacrificed months of practicing and still stuck with the kit but nah im addicted lol. The DW Kit's coming just now though (my wifes forcing me to get it LOL) since she keeps hearing it's the best lol!!! Anywho im gone man too much rambling but you know me I dont talk i just come on hear to share the lil i know with the gospel world. Just wish more of us COULD or would do that!!

edough

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 02:36:52 PM »
seale,

check out some of my posts. One is 9 stroke roll, 7's sticking pattern and philly kit pattern.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:57:39 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OszY0mdOUVI&mode=user&search=  the next one is http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ltdm14NV1s0&mode=user&search=

and the last one is some keys ting i did when i was bored http://youtube.com/watch?v=pvzqBc-Dffw&mode=user&search=

Good to see you back at it bruh!  :D

(... I said that I would never do this.... :-\)

1     e       &      a      2      e      &       a       3       e       &       a       4       e       &       a        1
oHH                  H                              C                         C                         C                          C
                               S              S               F       F                F       F                 F        F     
K              K                     K                        K       K                K       K                 K       K
(... hopefully I got it right)

On the second clip so as to not confuse people because we have been talking about polys and poly time sigs (Sticksnmypocket's thread... different sigs) what you are displaying is not a "3 over 2" but a 5 stroke/quintuplet =triplet 16th (hands) diddle (kick). So 12345 for the first one. The second one instead of "4 over 2" it is a 6 stroke/sextuplet = 16th note triplets (1 trip let & trip let) or as Randy says on his 'chops clip 1&a1&a so, 123456. The sticcking you (the7thseale) demonstrate on this one is altogether a double paradiddle RLRLRR =RLRLKK which could easily be done as paradiddle diddle RLRRLL modified here as RLRRKK

Much Respect to the7thseale. Each One Teach One. 
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline the7thseale

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 10:54:23 AM »
Zeen yah Sabe im addicted to drums no way i can stop lol!!! Been on the grind especially trying to learn "everything will be alright", and come up with my own tings for it anyway here is the notation for the slow song fill (you were very close though)

1    e   &   a    2    e    &    a     3    e    &    a    4    e    &    ah
oh            h                            C                C               C                     Highhat crash line
                                      HT                                                            HightTOM line or you could use mid tom too
                                                   FT  FT        FT  FT        FT              Floor Tom Line
                      S         S                                                                    Snare Line
K         K               K                K                K               K                     Bass Drum Line

Also I just refer to 3over2 and 4 over2 cause it's easy to remember and people always call it that lol. For the record though it is a 5 stroke roll and 6 stroke roll. Those of you who saw my first two instructional vids might remember i told yall it was a 5 stroke and 6 stroke. :) I think we should all commend sabe for the great education he has dropped on this site. Once again lets try to make this more educational than entertainment. Be blessed all

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 11:05:40 AM »
Thanks for correcting me 7seale... I got off by a sixteenth on the "a" of 2 and just jacked it up ,  :D. That why I don't do TABS. Give me some staff paper and I got you. I guess I need to learn Finale or Syberous (sp?)....

Teach and Learn ... Learn and Teach...   
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline the7thseale

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 11:16:47 AM »
not a thing sabe you did a excellent job. I can only note it out cause it's my fill LOL. You send me a vid to note out and i'd be lost LOL. It even took me a while to note out my own LOL. Unless it's basic I struggle lol. Anyways man im off of this thing, got some last minute stuff to do before my vacation in JAMAICA.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 11:18:44 AM »
not a thing sabe you did a excellent job. I can only note it out cause it's my fill LOL. You send me a vid to note out and i'd be lost LOL. It even took me a while to note out my own LOL. Unless it's basic I struggle lol. Anyways man im off of this thing, got some last minute stuff to do before my vacation in JAMAICA.

Enjoy the Islands man.

edough

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »
I Iove this stuff.......

Offline the7thseale

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 12:10:35 PM »
Yo Edough man thank's for sharing that stuff, now i got more stuff to bust my brain with lol

LilWes

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »
Uhh ok ok thankyou  ;D 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up