LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling Drums......need help!!!  (Read 777 times)

soul_pocket

Selling Drums......need help!!!
« on: September 29, 2006, 03:56:17 PM »
Hey guys.......I want to sell my Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage Fusion 5-Piece drum set......I was wondering if you guys could tell me what do you guys think is the most I could sell it for....I just want to sell the kick, snare, 10", 12", and 14" with stand for it and mounts too........I want to get a maple set now.....I haven't even had the Yamaha for a year...........I'm thinking of getting the ddrum set E-R has...........or do you guys know of any other maple sets around that price........less than $900.........thanks for the help...........God Bless all of you.........

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

Re: Selling Drums......need help!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:37:56 PM »
I'll give you $100, a bag of family sized Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar chips, and a 1 year Modern Drummer subscription. 

:D
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

soul_pocket

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 10:52:20 PM »
I'll give you $100, a bag of family sized Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar chips, and a 1 year Modern Drummer subscription. 

haha...sick

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 12:21:07 AM »
Hey guys.......I want to sell my Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage Fusion 5-Piece drum set......I was wondering if you guys could tell me what do you guys think is the most I could sell it for....I just want to sell the kick, snare, 10", 12", and 14" with stand for it and mounts too........I want to get a maple set now.....I haven't even had the Yamaha for a year...........I'm thinking of getting the ddrum set E-R has...........or do you guys know of any other maple sets around that price........less than $900.........thanks for the help...........God Bless all of you.........

The Gretch Catalina Maple kit shell pack is $699. Mapex M Maple $899 with hardware.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

JFunky

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 07:47:53 AM »
...man, to be real with you, I think you coul probably get $600-$650 if it's in like new conditions.  Now get busy and advertise.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 11:16:22 AM »
...man, to be real with you, I think you coul probably get $600-$650 if it's in like new conditions.  Now get busy and advertise.

More like $450... a shop would only sell it for $600... meaning they would pay about $350-400 (if you are prayed up,  :D). see with Maple shell packs going for $698 average folks don't have to pay more for lesser wood.
Right now I can get a 6-piece Pearl Sessions maple  8/10/12/14/16/22 used with Opti-Mounts  for $698 or a Tay Tour Pro basswood 5 piece includin snare for $498 used.  So $450 is a realistic asking price for the Stage Custom. Drums are like cars... as soon as you drive them off the lot they depreciate. They only appreciate to the collector or the needy (as in someone who needs a kit).
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

soul_pocket

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 02:02:02 PM »
Hey Sabe which one do you think I should get for best quality.....thr Gretsch, Mapex or Ddrum????

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 02:37:18 PM »
Hey Sabe which one do you think I should get for best quality.....thr Gretsch, Mapex or Ddrum????

I play the Gretsch maples at my church.  I have G2's on them and the original res heads.  They sound marvelous!  I did however change the legs on the floor toms to the DW style because the ones that were on them originally did not let the drum resonate freely.  I'm happy with them.  I'm not a fan of Mapex....  Just not blown away by the product :-\  The jury is still out on Ddrum for me, but from what I have seen they are the truth!  I am not exposed to them much here in my area.  If they are caried nationally at GC i'd never know because I don't shop there at all. 

Hope this helps.

The offer still stands bruh!!  Just think of the wealth of knowledge that you'll get from the MD subscription.  Not to mention the hunger that will ge exhausted from the FAMILY SIZED bag of chips!!!  C'mon man!!  Holla back! 
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 04:17:30 PM »

ddrum is the only one offering die cast hoops.

Gretch and Mapex both offer kits with 20" deep bass drums though ddrum got the ball rolling on that.

ddrum is the only one offering black chrom hardware (hoops/lugs) and Ash wood as well as Maple. To be different I would go ddrum.
However the Gretch drums sound great and you get more drum for the price (6 piece kit).

Jury is still out on Mapex. Right now the only thing they have that is catching my eye is the Saturn series walnut/cheery blnde shells and they are not in the price range we are discussing.

Personally I would goddrum Ash because it is different and has die cast hoops. HOwever if you want two floor toms then gretch is where it's at.

Call my guys at Drums2Go... 407-306-0611. They carry ddrum and Gretch Catalina. as well as Mapex. They ship anywhere in the U.S. and will give a great deal. THe Mapex and drrum kits come with hardware. The Gretch does not but they will work out a deal for hardware if you need it.

soul_pocket

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 08:54:19 PM »
ddrum is the only one offering die cast hoops.

Gretch and Mapex both offer kits with 20" deep bass drums though ddrum got the ball rolling on that.

ddrum is the only one offering black chrom hardware (hoops/lugs) and Ash wood as well as Maple. To be different I would go ddrum.
However the Gretch drums sound great and you get more drum for the price (6 piece kit).

Jury is still out on Mapex. Right now the only thing they have that is catching my eye is the Saturn series walnut/cheery blnde shells and they are not in the price range we are discussing.

Personally I would goddrum Ash because it is different and has die cast hoops. HOwever if you want two floor toms then gretch is where it's at.

Call my guys at Drums2Go... 407-306-0611. They carry ddrum and Gretch Catalina. as well as Mapex. They ship anywhere in the U.S. and will give a great deal. THe Mapex and drrum kits come with hardware. The Gretch does not but they will work out a deal for hardware if you need it.

Thanks Sabe for the help.......I guess It's coming down to the Gretsch and Ddrum......I would get more drums for the money if I go with Gretsch but then I'm really diggin the Ddrum...........it's something not everyone has and they look really nice so I dunno........What I need to do is sell my drums first.....haha.....then start looking for the right set.......anyways thanks for the help guys......I appreciate it........God Bless

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 08:45:53 AM »
I love Gretsch kits. Catalina Maple is an incredible kit for the price. One of my fellow church drummers has one, as well as the Catalina Birch, and then he has the Gretsch USA Custom Maple kit. That kit is  :o :o :o

However, Ddrums are beautiful. and they sound as good as they look. They have great finishes. I would lean that way, and obviously I did.

God Bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up