LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ibranez Amp  (Read 812 times)

Offline BIGHENRY

• LGM Member

Ibranez Amp
« on: October 05, 2006, 10:01:03 AM »
Anyone ever owned or play a ibranez  soundwave 100w amp?...if so what do you think? ...and do they make a cabinet extension for this particular amp?

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

Re: Ibranez Amp
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:54:24 AM »
[spellcheck]Ibanez[/spellcheck]

I've not ever played through an Ibanez amp of any kind. I don't think they make bass speaker cabinets. They only make practice and rehearsal type combos (that I'm aware of). I know they used to make guitar amps (heads and cabs) but I don't think they do anymore.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline BIGHENRY

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 11:49:37 AM »
Thanks for the spell check bro...Finger going to fast ...this is the one i'm thinking about getting below....the guy at the music store also said that they make extension cabinets for this particular amp.Just want to check around and see if anyone have any  experience with it........Must say it said really good.

http://www.ibanez.com/accessories/spec.asp?m=90

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 01:45:27 PM »
Ibanez does in fact make a 15 inch speaker cab. It matches the SW100. It will also turn the power section from 100 to 145 watts. The cab is quite nice here's 2 links for ya.

http://www.ibanez.com/accessories/spec.asp?m=101

http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-SW115S-i129456.music

Since we are on this topic, I'd like to say that I am a big fan of Ibanez. I am a bit disappointed though that I biggest possible bass amp system possible is 145 watts and 2/15s I am not even that big a fan of 15 inch speaker either. I will own one oneday. Why can't they make a 300 head and cabs with various 10s in it.

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 02:28:23 PM »
Thanks for the info. I had no idea! :) I stand corrected. I don't think it's worth paying that much money just to get another 45 watts but that's just my opinion!
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »
I own an Ibanez SW100 amp, It does pretty well in the Churches I play in but what I think I'm going to do is rather than getting the extention cab for it, Iwill get a better amp head to really get better sound from the 15 thats already in it. The speaker can handle 300 wats and with the present combo electronics it's only geting 100 and I think it can sound much better with a better head. Just my opinion thoug.

Offline 4STRING

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 04:38:44 PM »
FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE IBANEZ CABINET CHECK OUT THE CRATE BT115.  NOT THE BEST BUT IN MY OPINION MUCH BETTER THAN THE IBANEZ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up