LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who The Real Church Is  (Read 776 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

Who The Real Church Is
« on: October 07, 2006, 11:44:56 PM »
It is written:

Ephesians 1:22-23  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Colossians 1:18  And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The local assemblies, fellowships and congregations we attend are just that.  The real church is the BODY OF CHRIST, which consists of boys, girls, men, women of ALL nations, tongues, kindreds and tribes (Revelation 7:9).  To be a part of Christ's body you must be:

- water baptized (I John 5:6-8)
- saved by the blood of Jesus (Romans 10:8-13) and grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8)
- born again by the Spirit of the Living God (John 3:5-7)
- filled with the Holy Spirit, which is the same as the Spirit of the Living God (Ephesians 5:18)
- baptized in the Holy Ghost in power (Acts 2:1-4)
- baptized with fire in the Holy Ghost (Matthew 3:11)

Attending a local congregation does not equal true and eternal salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.  So if you're in those things listed above and they've happened to you, then your salvation is secure:

John 10:28-29  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up