LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The High Calling - part I  (Read 862 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

The High Calling - part I
« on: October 08, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »
I've been scanning "set the atmosphere" for a while and am drawn to it.  First I want to say glory be to God for this opportunity to share His Word with us (Hebrews 4:12).  Secondly, for you all in that thread even to have an unction or desire for deeper spiritual things is GREAT.  That unction and calling HAS to be by the Holy Spirit for your interest is in Christ. 

Remember that God IS sovereign and He can place anyone in a high calling however He wants.  Currently, we know the Apostolic AND Prophetic to be the high calling.  As I have shared before, some of you are unctioning towards the Prophetic Psalmist, Prophetic Minstrel and Minstrel which accounts for you having a Godly spiritual sensitivity to the area of praise/worship.

I do NOT like to glorify the devil in any wise, but the scripture that is mentioned in the opening thread is Ezekiel 28:13-19. 

We also see the Apostle Paul speaking about the high calling in:

Philippians 3:12-14  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let's look at these scripture about the devil:

2 Corinthians 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

There is MORE about God being ABOVE the devil.  Through Christ and the Holy Spirit we can have access to the power of God (Psalms 62:11) and walk in victory OVER what ever is going on in the atmosphere (the heavenlies).  So far, we know there are 3 heavens (II Corinthians 12:2).  The first heavens being where air planes fly, the second heavens being the abode of satan (outer space) and the third heaven being God's habitation.

For those that are truly called to the high calling, here's a scripture to pray over yourself and bind to yourself continually and continuously:

Psalms 18:33  He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.

We must first humble ourselves and learn (Matthew 11:28-30) that we do NOT control anything.  That is God's domain to handle everything.  Rather we do as we're led of the Spirit of God in the heavenly realm.  Again, this is great that some of you have a desire to do praise/worship warfare.  Like what someone has said so eloquently before, get into the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) and then as He flows through you, allow Him to change the atmosphere AND environment by flooding it with His presence.  Remember, the battle IS the Lord's:

Exodus 14:14  The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

1 Samuel 17:47  And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.

Yet it's great that some of you have that spiritual sensitivity and desire to do something about the atmosphere of your local congregations.  This may show that you are a spiritual warrior or have a calling in praise/worship warfare (I Samuel 16:18).

Be Blessed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up