LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dealing With A Pastor  (Read 869 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

Dealing With A Pastor
« on: October 08, 2006, 04:33:53 PM »
It is written:

Jeremiah 3:15  And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Ephesians 4:11-16  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

From the above scriptures, we see what the function of a Pastor is.  On the earth and even in this forum, the definition of what a true Biblical Pastor is, is quite different from what our known understanding is.  I will share with you that "your Pastor is NOT your Master."  Yet, I share that in light of ALL of Romans 13, for God IS the God of order.  We learn a LOT about King David submitting to King Saul BEFORE he was in leadership:

Proverbs 15:33  The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Proverbs 18:12  Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.

Hebrews 13:17  Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

In churchianity, the jezebel church and the great harlot/whore (Revelation 17 + 18), the Pastor is the ruling authority under jezebel, but that is a different matter altogether.  The Lord God has to deliver you from that for you to totally get free from it all.

Again ideally, if we are all submitting and yielding to the Holy Spirit then we won't have problems.  Yet I do understand from prior experience about the Pastor/music ministry/music minister collision.  I will NOT purport my own beliefs and ideals but give you the Word of God and let Him deal with you accordingly (Isaiah 55:11).

In submitting and yielding to authority, make SURE that you firstmost yield and submit to God the Father AND the Eternal Godhead.  Doing this will protect you from harm and other evil things.  You might have to go through, but it's better for the Lord God to raise up your bowed down head than YOU raise it up in flesh, pride, self will or of your own resources.  Let the Holy Spirit lead you in all things. 

There is a whole other flow of God's order, through His Word on the matter and I believe Christ's body, even it's leaders, we are STILL learning how to yield and submit better to God first and then earthly authority.  There's not much more I can say on this because I don't want to get into my spirit. 

If you would like further teachings on these matters then please email me or IM me privately and we will go from there.

Blessings!
Pages: [1]   Go Up