LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: this is my last plead for help.pleazzzzzzzzzzzz helppppppppp  (Read 2924 times)

Offline princessjenn

• LGM Member

i been with this site for a couple of months.i've been pleased and displeased and i'm just asking this one last time would someone pleaz help me.and if u would pleaz post "i try" by mary mary. pleazzzzzzzzzzz

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: this is my last plead for help.pleazzzzzzzzzzzz helppppp
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 08:41:47 AM »
Quote from: princessjenn
i been with this site for a couple of months.i've been pleased and displeased and i'm just asking this one last time would someone pleaz help me.and if u would pleaz post "i try" by mary mary. pleazzzzzzzzzzz

Exactly what are you displeased with?

Don't get discouraged if no one post the song. Rermember many of us are beginners here too and the advanced ones may not have ever played the song.

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

this is my last plead for help.pleazzzzzzzzzzzz helppppppppp
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 09:51:44 AM »
Thank you, Sister T!!  It's posts like that one that make me NOT post soongs anymore: Ungrateful for what is already done.  How can you possibly be "DISPLEASED" with a FREE service?  I don't get it.  

You've been with this site a couple of months?  I've been with it about 3 years!  I've given a lot of songs (check the song list).  I've asked for maybe 2 songs in 3 years, and no one knew them, so I learned them myself.  So, your point?  

What have you contributed to this FREE service?

Some, SOME Church Folk sure have a lot of nerve.  There are literally thousands, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of songs recorded and no one happens to know the one the PRINCESS wants!  Forgive us, your Royal Heiness.  Have you tried seeing if Mary Mary has a songbook or sheet music published for that song?  

Have you been studying the lessons and theory?  If so, you may be able to learn it on your own.

Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/bronzeey1

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 10:07:21 PM »
:wink: Sometimes i get bored and i just come here to get in a good laugh..like for instant lisa..how u said...your Royal Heninnes...and the forgiving part...I just had a good laugh.cause i thought about the sermom i teached on how to forgive..the different stages we as members go thur to be able to have a forgiving heart.  LOL...that was funny lisa.. :lol:I can truly say iam thankful for this site and the wonderful people here...LOL

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

Re: this is my last plead for help.pleazzzzzzzzzzzz helppppp
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 10:47:05 PM »
Quote from: princessjenn
..... and i'm just asking this one last time would someone pleaz help me......

Princess, I'm just looking at the number of post you have made. As of today, Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 10:42 pm cst , you have made only one post (as recorded under your name) and that is this request. You stated that "you have been coming here for a couple of months" when it states that you joined Jul 3, 2003 (not even a month ago, correct me if I'm wrong).

So my question is how can you threaten us (sounds threatening to me)with "i'm just asking this one last time ", when you have never made a request before, after all this is your first post. Unless of course you have asked by another name. Who than shall people say you are....but I digress!! I need an answer pleeeeeezzzzzz!!!

Lisa & Bronzee, I missed that "your Royal Heninnes" part. Oh my, I had a good laugh too!!

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 10:54:01 PM »
Quote from: thekeynote
Thank you, Sister T!!  It's posts like that one that make me NOT post soongs anymore: Ungrateful for what is already done.  How can you possibly be "DISPLEASED" with a FREE service?  I don't get it.  

You've been with this site a couple of months?  I've been with it about 3 years!  I've given a lot of songs (check the song list).  I've asked for maybe 2 songs in 3 years, and no one knew them, so I learned them myself.  So, your point?  

What have you contributed to this FREE service?

Some, SOME Church Folk sure have a lot of nerve.  There are literally thousands, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of songs recorded and no one happens to know the one the PRINCESS wants!  Forgive us, your Royal Heiness.  Have you tried seeing if Mary Mary has a songbook or sheet music published for that song?  

Have you been studying the lessons and theory?  If so, you may be able to learn it on your own.

Lisa

I'm in agreement with you Ms. Lisa, but first of all Princess how were we all to know you were displeased, how were we to know what you wanted? You wrote that you're asking for "I Try" one last time, but according to the number that's under you screen name it says that was your first post.

I'm not getting on you Princess, so please don't take this wrong way, we can't know what it is you or anyone else for that matter may want or need unless you all ask by posting it on the message board. When you all do post a request please be mindful that some people may or may not know the song or exaclty what you need help with. If someone is able to help  you or anyone else, please be patient with them, it takes time to post the song. If someone doesn't really know the song (and in many cases that is true...but they obtain the song some kind of way to help the requestee), they'll  try to pick up what they are hearing from the recording, that takes time. Then to write down what you're playing, tranfer it to the computer, takes time...say about an hour to two hours for a song (depending how long or difficult the song is). Some are beginners here, some are way beyond that, and there are some who are in between, we all have something that can help one another and we try to the best to our capabilities.

If you or anyone else ask for help and you don't recieve an answer or you get confused, try seeing what you can do. Utilize all the excellent information that 4 His Glory has compiled here...there's an answer for almost all the theroy questions you  or anyone else may have in the lessons and theory section (He has it so that if you know nothing about music, you can learn from the beginning). If that isn't enough this isn't your only source for information, you have the internet, search it and find more sites out there that deals with whatever you're looking for. Try to also buy books that deal with theory, chords, progression, improvising, they will help you get better. If you know how to read music, ask a local church musician if they know of a place in your area that sells black gospel sheet music or ask them to help you to as you use this site to learn, or go online to dekays.com or ntimemusic.com and purchase the sheet music. If you can't read, then learn. If you can't play by ear, just sit down and take it one note at a time.

4 His Glory has said many times before that this isn't really a chord board, to ask for chords all the times. Yes, there may be times when we need a little help, but this is also a place to grow, learn by asking questions such as on how do you do this, instead of asking for chords all the times, and also a nice place to fellowship with other Christian (hopefully we all are) musicians that share the same thing, the love of ministering through music about our love for our Almighty God...and our main gain goal...bringing lost souls to Christ.

So whatever someone is able to help anyone with in any way, comes from their hearts and should be appreciated. I've seen many posts where people post a song or theory, then you see alot of people have viewed it (probably tried it out or whatever) that post, but not one person has said thank you...that's not right...yes, we shouldn't expect glory for doing something, but that's not what it's about, that's just plain courtesy...as Christians we should not only be giving by thankful. Daryl has put in alot of time and hard work in providing a site like this for all of us and it's free, I know I'm for one am extremly gracious to him and God for it. Do you know how many sites are on the web for free piano lessons and theory...many. Do you know how many sites are out there for free chirstian chords(like The Gaithers, and so on)...many. Do you know how many sites are out there have piano theory, organ information, midis, chords, ect. that are for just black gospel music...not too many...and this is one of the best ones out there.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2003, 10:59:21 PM »
Quote from: Long Fingers
but first of all Princess how were we all to know you were displeased, how were we to know what you wanted? You wrote that you're asking for "I Try" one last time, but according to the number that's under you screen name it says that was your first post.

Longfingers I see we are typing at the same time. Too much!!

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

Lol....
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2003, 11:05:14 PM »
[/quote]

Longfingers I see we are typing at the same time. Too much!![/quote]

I saw that too...lol...I like the new look, can't wait to see what new look we'll be graced with next!

Offline unclesurge31650

• LGM Member

to all
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2003, 10:16:02 AM »
i'm sorry for the way princess addressed u but that was really me.thats my lil sister.i was posting from her name.sorry about that my people.please don't put anymore notes to her for any of this because it was me.
simple but complex

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2003, 02:45:22 PM »
That's why we should be slow to speak. I don't understand....If we're trying to teach "babes", shouldn't we also try to teach them the right way to do things, in Christ? Jesus doesn't make oopsies. Remember the fruits of the spirit?

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Summed it up....
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 07:41:00 AM »
Sister T best summoned it up.  Alot of people here are beginners, this is what this site is here for, to help beginers.  Just because  people don't post the chords, to a song doesn't mean that they aren't willing to help.

Everyone comes from different walks in life, some people have to drink milk, while others can eat meat.  This site is here to help everyone that is looking for help so don't feel scared to post your questions.  If someone knows the answer, it will be posted, if they don't, don't feel discouraged.
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up