LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Organists get into a fight in Chicago DURING service!  (Read 19782 times)

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: 2 Organists get into a fight in Chicago DURING service!
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »
Welcome to the LGM family "willis1234".....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline bug

• LGM Member
  • Best teacher is one who makes you want to learn.
    • http://Music Services

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
WOW!

I am from Gary and know Blakely's COGIC Church over in East Chicago very well.  The market is extremely competitive in the Chicagoland area.  I have been playing for churches since 1962 and I have never seen that happen before.  I used to play for the First Church of Deliverance in Chicago and so did Charles Miller  who is from Gary also.  It was so competitive I would only get a chance to play one tune before some other guy would be sitting on the organ bench with me, in an attempt to move me over so he could play the next tune.  It was common courtesy to move over and wait after the other organist had finished the next tune before you sat on the bench and moved him off the bench so that you could play the next tune. We would play musical chairs all the time. There were no fights though.

I live in middle Michigan now.  I am about an hour from Detroit.  It is not nearly as competitive here, however I am from that kind of competitive environment and welcome all challenges.  The people here in Albion are taking good care of me.  I had one semester as a college music teacher, but ran my students away because they said I was giving them too much work to do.  All of my students dropped out from the pressure of having to learn what they saw as too much work.  However if you want to play any tune and harmonize it well, or understand the counterpoint between all the vocal parts then it requires effort.  To whom much is given, much is required.

brother scott
The greatest mistake most amateur musicians make is giving up.  Don't give up !!!

Offline h313w

• LGM Member

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2007, 12:02:29 AM »
Sure sounds familiar. Detroit went through that, along with DC, and Philly. Is it all that ? Just study to show yourselves approved ( the music for the service ). Who's the MD ? or Music Director even ? it's like don't treat it like rap now. Satan had a Lucifer flash-back or something ? See why we got to be prayer up ?
I'm not finished playing

Offline prince_pof

• LGM Member

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2007, 11:13:43 AM »
Thats givin christians a bad name. Because i know if i wasnt saved and i saw some christians fightin i wouldnt  want to be a christian.

If the leaders dont have any respect for the church how do we expect anyone else to.

When we do that its not just us that were hurting.
Sean Coston

Offline bishop424

• LGM Member

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2008, 10:10:28 AM »

First of off:

All I wanna know is who won the fight and did somebody get a collection plate for the bout. ;D

Did somebody need a official for the fight I mean I could brought some popcorn some event tracks and a slim jim.

Martin Lawerence said, " Ah man! Can we all just get along!"

Now all jokes aside.

Both of them should have been removed for the building I don't care if they are guest musicians or from another church.

There is no fighting in the house of GOD.

Offline h313w

• LGM Member

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »
File this in the "Never Seen It Before Category"!

On Sunday Oct 9th, in East Chicago, IN (about 20 mins east of Chciacgo, IL), 2 organists got into a fight during the service! I could not believe what I was seeing.

It was during an afternoon program at New Ebeneezer Baptist Church in East Chicago, IN that the host organist got into a fight with the visiting choir's organist during the changing out of choirs at Offering. It turns out that the host organist at the Baptist church was the former organist of the visiting Church. Apparently he had been fired for his bad attitude.

Well, long-story-short, the 2 musicians began having words over who was going to play for the guest soloist on the program when it happened. One challeneged the other's manhood and playing ability and it was ON.

Just as she started to sing... BAP! BING! DONK!-MF this!!-MF that!-they were fighting. Both of them had to be removed from the service.

Believe it or not, both ended up coming back in to play. That is Crazy!!

That's what i was waiting for you to say" they came back in and GOT TO PLAY" . man, this is ridiculous. . . and they are probably STILL working there right now right ???
I'm not finished playing

Offline brodonny

• LGM Member
  • THIS IS WIFEY.SHE'S FINE AND ALL MINE.AMEN AAAMMEN
    • donnypomerleegospelpiano.com

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2008, 04:55:58 AM »
WOWSERS :o
JESUS IS THE WAY.NO IF,AND,OR BUTS BROTHER AND SISTERS.AMEN AAAAAMMMEEENN

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »
WOW!
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline Pretty_Brit

• LGM Member

« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »
All I can say is Lord Jesus!!!
the will of God will never take you where His grace won't protect you

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »
Human or not, Salvation that brings about conversion means that "All things have become new".  So the responses and reactions of the supposedly "old Nature" should be overcome by the "New Creature" which after God is created in righteousness and True Holiness.  The new creature is not human. He is Spirit, no longer governed by the lusts and emotions of the flesh.  Those boys in the Spirit would have been sat down in my church and the choir would have sang acapella if there wasn't another availeable musician in the house. In The Love of Christ and consideration of His Body. Love Dies Irie!!! :o

True.  Still, even though I'm not defending their fighting, Christians have their 'fleshly moments'.  Also, if they cater to the flesh more than they do the spirit they are more likely to take a fleshly approach than a spiritual approach.  I agree with sitting them down and letting the choir sing acapella if there wasn't another musician though!

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »
:o :o :o :o :o :o  I remember this thread from a few years ago. :o :o :o :o :o :o
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2008, 04:34:25 AM »
Now I understand why anon said if we are not careful about who we select to play for us at church, we might just end up with a devil worshipper himself playing for us..

Churches , be warned.

I'm not saying that those 2 were devil worshippers..it's quite evident the home dude started the fight & the guest player failed to humble himself..but they should have been disciplined accordingly..
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
Because saved folk never fight at all???

Sometimes it's 'saved' folk who fight the WORST!

Even the best musicians can be only human...sounds like they needed a time out, LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up